Coronavirus (COVID-19)

it actually makes me both sad and annoyed that there are folk like that.  i hope it's not as many as it sounds.  i've noticed less and less lovejoys on social media these days
Feckers are all golfing every day. In theory getting paid more than pro golfer on the pga tour missing the cut.

37 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

To be fair, Hilary Jones is hardly going to go back to irrelevance. He's been GMB's camera facing doctor since back in the days when Mr. Motivator booted Mad Lizzie into touch.

That's a shame, though I'm not a GMB viewer.

12 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

BBC reporting NO countries or territories to be added to green list. Some green may go amber and some amber will go red.

Embarrassing. Must be tit for tat nonsense because the EU are stalling 'whitelisting' the UK... due to us sequencing so much.

Edit: and the diddies in government being ill prepared for the likely queuing chaos in airports due to not having a streamlined process in place and/or a more rational acceptance of risks versus benefits.

Edited by Elixir

Once we hit 90% of adults with at least 1 dose of the vaccine all these restrictions can gtf. Including this traffic light travel system. 

11 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

BBC reporting NO countries or territories to be added to green list. Some green may go amber and some amber will go red.

An already meagre list about to be tightened. Another win for the border shaggers. 

24 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Fair enough, it's not a life i'd ever want. if i'm going to be off work i'd prefer to be able to have a wide range of things to do with my time rather than just sit around doing f**k all. in fact lockdown was one of the few times in life where i'd rather have been at work than off

I've no love for any of the jobs I've had. I could happily not work and be paid the same doing so. I'd get out the house more, cook better meals, spend more time on hobbies I actually like and probably hoover up books an enormous rate.

Given these facts I'm still kind of glad to have worked through without furlough, had I been off work for this length of time I think it would be a struggle to go back. 

2 minutes ago, GiGi said:

I've no love for any of the jobs I've had. I could happily not work and be paid the same doing so. I'd get out the house more, cook better meals, spend more time on hobbies I actually like and probably hoover up books an enormous rate.

Given these facts I'm still kind of glad to have worked through without furlough, had I been off work for this length of time I think it would be a struggle to go back. 

57 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I've seen a lot of this in the last few days. Biden to give free beer away, places giving sports tickets, Krispy Kreme giving donuts for free if you're vaccinated. I hate it. Its coercion. If folk dont want the vaccine that should be their choice and their consequences. Bribing them with donuts and guns is fcking hideous 

You’ve made a lot of posts like this about not pressuring people to be vaccinated and that if they don’t want to it’s no issue, and I’m not saying you are but it’s coming across quite anti-vax tbh. If enough people don’t take it (luckily not a situation we are going to find ourselves in) then it is an issue.

Sturgeon at FMQ - "we're in the foothills of a third wave" .

Man the barricades and pull down the shutters you just know what is going to happen again this autumn/winter.

Edited by Elric

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It will be hard for some people to go back to pre March 2020 ways. Being paid to sit around all day and not be judged (like those on Universal Credit are) has been wonderful for a lot of people

42 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Fair enough, it's not a life i'd ever want. if i'm going to be off work i'd prefer to be able to have a wide range of things to do with my time rather than just sit around doing f**k all. in fact lockdown was one of the few times in life where i'd rather have been at work than off

You two are absolutely at it. Of course being paid to sit around and do nothing has been fucking brilliant for the majority of people. None of these folk choose to be furloughed due to a global pandemic but you want to have a pop at them for enjoying it? 

I've never understood the "I'd rather work than have free time" mantra. Even with nothing open I could think of at least 20 things I'd rather be doing than working.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

That's me with a creamy German fluid inside me courtesy of a 3 inch p***k.

Open the pubs, open the stadiums, open my legs.

😄

Edit: Second jag a week on Saturday which will be 10 weeks since first one.

Edited by 8MileBU

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You two are absolutely at it. Of course being paid to sit around and do nothing has been fucking brilliant for the majority of people. None of these folk choose to be furloughed due to a global pandemic but you want to have a pop at them for enjoying it? 

I've never understood the "I'd rather work than have free time" mantra. Even with nothing open I could think of at least 20 things I'd rather be doing than working.

if you say so,   i'm a bit of a worrier by nature,  if i was on furlough and hence my job was on life support then i'd probably have an uneasy feeling the longer it dragged on

i done plenty of cycling and walking during lockdown 1 untill the mrs got on my case about spending "quality time" which was her language for spending a quality cash in the house and garden in the absence of holidays and going out . 

24 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

You’ve made a lot of posts like this about not pressuring people to be vaccinated and that if they don’t want to it’s no issue, and I’m not saying you are but it’s coming across quite anti-vax tbh. If enough people don’t take it (luckily not a situation we are going to find ourselves in) then it is an issue.

I’m not antivax, I just think it should be a personal choice what people chose to do. Nobody should care who has been vaccinated. As long as you have then we shouldn’t worry about those who aren’t. Let them live with the consequences to themselves 

[emoji23] I say this to folk all the time. Specially those of retirement age I have worked with, a surprisingly high number of whom either hold off, or even come back to work, because they "dont know what I will do with my time".

f**k sake man.... Iv been bored before and will be again, but could never be bored enough to choose to come to work for some shitheel, and do nightshifts that everyone knows are killing you [emoji1787]

Why not retire and work on filling the time from the ground up. Utterly mental.

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’m not antivax, I just think it should be a personal choice what people chose to do. Nobody should care who has been vaccinated. As long as you have then we shouldn’t worry about those who aren’t. Let them live with the consequences to themselves 

This only makes sense if those who remain unvaccinated are the only ones who have to live with the consequences. For vaccination to work requires a herd immunity to be built up.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

emoji23.png I say this to folk all the time. Specially those of retirement age I have worked with, a surprisingly high number of whom either hold off, or even come back to work, because they "dont know what I will do with my time".

f**k sake man.... Iv been bored before and will be again, but could never be bored enough to choose to come to work for some shitheel, and do nightshifts that everyone knows are killing you emoji1787.png

Why not retire and work on filling the time from the ground up. Utterly mental.

When they say that i think most of them really mean " my wife will never give me fucking peace so i'd rather just be at my work "

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Not necessarily.

Clearly not in the case of covid. The second wave we had here and elsewhere swamped the first wave.

That just means that it was more spreadable. The virus itself could well still have been weaker in terms of lethality/seriousness.

Same with the current variants, there is a lot being said about being x% more transmissible and rendering vaccines less effective but there has been nothing mentioned about any studies into whether the variants now coming to prevalence are actually more or less deadly.