Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

The shambles of vaccination in Thailand continues, which is no surprise to anyone.

Here in the Philippines, we can only dream of the shambles in Thailand.  

1 minute ago, SlipperyP said:

Sorry, not up to date with you.  What's happening?

Not much - that's the problem Slippery.
We're working through the health workers and have began the seniors but less than 1% have been fully vaccinated - all will be snr government officials.  Progress is so slow - they struggle to do 100 folk in each centre in an 8-hour period due to the overly-bureaucratic system they apparently have 30 or so staff involved in vaccinating 100 per day.

10 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Not much - that's the problem Slippery.
We're working through the health workers and have began the seniors but less than 1% have been fully vaccinated - all will be snr government officials.  Progress is so slow - they struggle to do 100 folk in each centre in an 8-hour period due to the overly-bureaucratic system they apparently have 30 or so staff involved in vaccinating 100 per day.

Yep, It's like that here, however the Thai's need to make their money so vaccines have been opened up for the private employees (not health) if their employer wants to get involved.  This coming from the Royal Household buying vaccines out with the government then selling on ( the Royal Household also own the AZ production here and only starting issuing as from yesterday).

We did well for the first year, but sat on our hands when the vaccines were getting sold, in fact the Thai government opted out of the WHO vaccine program, therefore, we are on our own.  Yesterday was the big rollout of vaccines all over the country, the country administer 63,000.  This is after been told that we have millions from AZ (Thai).

BTW I think AZ(Thai) maybe part of the ASEAN community, you'll maybe getting it from us.  Long wait for all. We are only at 1.6% and have been jagging from 10th March

Edited by SlipperyP

Bit of a strange one this morning. I've had my text for 2nd Pfizer jag. 8 weeks to minute after 1st.

Now at the time, I was told it would be 12 weeks until 2nd, no more and no less. I know that England have pulled the 2nd jag strategy forward but there's nothing came out here that we were doing the same. 

Also a lot of people, including my partner, haven't even had word of their 2ns jag despite being older than me and getting their 1st jag 3 weeks before I did. It's all a bit bizarre. 

4 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Yep, It's like that here, however the Thai's need to make their money so vaccines have been opened up for the private employees (not health) if their employer wants to get involved.  This coming from the Royal Household ( the Royal Household also own the AZ production here and only starting issuing as from yesterday).

We did well for the first year, but sat on our hands when the vaccines were getting sold, in fact the Thai government opted out of the WHO vaccine program, therefore, we are on our own.  Yesterday was the big rollout of vaccines all over the country, the country administer 63,000.  This is after been told that we have millions from AZ (Thai).

BTW I think AZ(Thai) maybe part of the ASEAN community, you'll maybe getting it from us.  Long wait for all. We are only at 1.6% and have been jagging from 10th March

Our government has borrowed enough to buy sufficient supplies but there is no consistent approach and individual areas are doing their own thing with the resultant chaos and opportunity for dodgy dealings.  

I'm on no hurry, just want to be sure I'm on the list and getting it sometime.

1 minute ago, hk blues said:

Our government has borrowed enough to buy sufficient supplies but there is no consistent approach and individual areas are doing their own thing with the resultant chaos and opportunity for dodgy dealings.  

I'm on no hurry, just want to be sure I'm on the list and getting it sometime.

It's great😁 42 degrees here today.

I'm also in no hurry, just was offered. So said yes.  There has been 107 confirmed cases and 2 deaths in my province since the shitshow started.  Lost a job and was very stressed at the start (last April & May)

Take care bud. We are used to waiting here, patience is our life.

4 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

It's great😁 42 degrees here today.

I'm also in no hurry, just was offered. So said yes.  There has been 107 confirmed cases and 2 deaths in my province since the shitshow started.  Lost a job and was very stressed at the start (last April & May)

Take care bud. We are used to waiting here, patience is our life.

Likewise mate - keep smiling!

Bit of a strange one this morning. I've had my text for 2nd Pfizer jag. 8 weeks to minute after 1st.
Now at the time, I was told it would be 12 weeks until 2nd, no more and no less. I know that England have pulled the 2nd jag strategy forward but there's nothing came out here that we were doing the same. 
Also a lot of people, including my partner, haven't even had word of their 2ns jag despite being older than me and getting their 1st jag 3 weeks before I did. It's all a bit bizarre. 
My 2nd is 10wks to the day, definitely being accelerated

Just now, TheJTS98 said:

Innocent days. This was a great thread when we had a medal table instead of graphs.

YES @Tight John McVeigh is a tit daily league tables were the boss, untill the UK took it serious. 

Some dafty said it was cringe, he got about 20 greens.  Shit was getting real🤣 

44 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I thought that the announcement from Boris Johnson a few weeks ago about them moving it forward to 8 weeks was from the JCVI, so I'd assumed that was going to apply to the UK as a whole given that all governments have been following their advice?  

Sounds like a logistical ballache to move appointments that were already made though. 

:lol:

They are absolutely fucking shameless. "May have spread to Europe", "May have been detected in Portugal". 

An arse covering exercise in full swing here. I wouldn't be surprised if this is basically a rebadged India variant. 

Edited by Michael W

The Scottish gov announced this at the same time, it was recommended by the jcvi and they all follow the same advice on this - fairly sure it was discussed at one of the Friday updates, the one where they didn't move east Ren as I recall.