Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 hours ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

The minute the UK recorded no deaths in a 24 hour period they should have scrapped every ounce of restrictions. 66 million people on this Island and there's a handful of people getting seriously ill. Its mind blowing.

They should have been scrapped even if there was one or two deaths. It seems deaths from cancer, heart attacks, car crashes, suicides are acceptable but NOBODY must ever die from covid, even if they're in their 80s and in poor health. Bizarre

Todd got slated for saying this, but I truly believe Covid is over being a "public health crisis" in the UK. Vaccines are preventing deaths which is the most important thing. We could have 5 million cases of covid but unless anyone is dying or seriously ill then who really cares. It's over, time to reopen and act like we did pre March 2020. Get the checking in at places and one way systems to fck firstly, swiftly followed by masks and devi and JL disappearing into oblivion

Todd got slated for saying this, but I truly believe Covid is over being a "public health crisis" in the UK. Vaccines are preventing deaths which is the most important thing. We could have 5 million cases of covid but unless anyone is dying or seriously ill then who really cares. It's over, time to reopen and act like we did pre March 2020. Get the checking in at places and one way systems to fck firstly, swiftly followed by masks and devi and JL disappearing into oblivion
He said it last August.

See this whole “don’t travel to London” pish, have they actually thought about how many of us will be out of pocket if we were to just take that advice? You can travel anywhere in the UK, but don’t travel to London just because. Are they offering to cover the costs of those who decide not to go? 

Looks like the fear and hysteria is being worked up to overdrive again this evening and inevitably over the coming days.

It can't be said enough just how many losers need their heads bog-washed down the nearest toilet.

I’ve got the Other Half’s family panicking and wanting to cancel a booked lunch catch-up in 10 days time in case the dad and (disabled) sister catch COVID. One of her sisters won’t visit family this week as she was away to Oban for the weekend with her husband.

This is what is has boiled down to; folk being meek and petrified of their shadows, scared of “unknown” variants despite every single one of her family being double- dunted with vaccine. I had cross words last night as I questioned if her family, scared to meet for a lunch, have not been shopping, gone to work, met anyone anywhere and why would a couple days in Oban be more deadly than if her sister and man had stayed at home and went to work or supermarket etc.  
While I think her family are being totally irrational and borderline stupid, you can’t help them if they’ve been bombarded with doom & gloom for 15 months. It’s as if no other accidents or illness can cause hospitalisation or death. Despite the figures suggesting this virus is currently a very minor risk to life and no worse than a bad cold for most youngsters unvaccinated.

Time to sack clowns like Yousaf for reckless lies and to put Leitch and co back into their unseen back- offices and let them disappear.

4 minutes ago, deegee said:

I’ve got the Other Half’s family panicking and wanting to cancel a booked lunch catch-up in 10 days time in case the dad and (disabled) sister catch COVID. One of her sisters won’t visit family this week as she was away to Oban for the weekend with her husband.

This is what is has boiled down to; folk being meek and petrified of their shadows, scared of “unknown” variants despite every single one of her family being double- dunted with vaccine. I had cross words last night as I questioned if her family, scared to meet for a lunch, have not been shopping, gone to work, met anyone anywhere and why would a couple days in Oban be more deadly than if her sister and man had stayed at home and went to work or supermarket etc.  
While I think her family are being totally irrational and borderline stupid, you can’t help them if they’ve been bombarded with doom & gloom for 15 months. It’s as if no other accidents or illness can cause hospitalisation or death. Despite the figures suggesting this virus is currently a very minor risk to life and no worse than a bad cold for most youngsters unvaccinated.

Time to sack clowns like Yousaf for reckless lies and to put Leitch and co back into their unseen back- offices and let them disappear.

In many ways it’s understandable that people are feeling like this when all they’ve been bombarded with for the last 18 months is covid death figures, case figures and warnings about killing granny. All of it with no context or comparison with other conditions.

Some people would be scared to go out during flu season if we had the same constant focus on that (that’s not a suggestion independent sage!). 

13 minutes ago, Scosha said:

See this whole “don’t travel to London” pish, have they actually thought about how many of us will be out of pocket if we were to just take that advice? You can travel anywhere in the UK, but don’t travel to London just because. Are they offering to cover the costs of those who decide not to go? 

It’s as if these low grade politicians, jumped up mouthpieces haven’t actually ever had a social life or understand normal folks’ habits and interests.

Thousands will have booked a trip to London and not just for the football. It’s totally legal and travel with holiday stays are desperately needed throughout the UK to salvage battered hotel and hospitality trade. I have family going down and have a few other visits to tourist attractions booked as well as bars on the day of the match. I know couples and families using this as an excuse for a staycation and to visit London.

Despite all this, for some unknown reason, we’ve had a few rent-a-gubs on tv and the media telling folk to stay away from one of the largest cities in Europe where you could be 2 miles from Wembley and not even know there was a match on..

18 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

In many ways it’s understandable that people are feeling like this when all they’ve been bombarded with for the last 18 months is covid death figures, case figures and warnings about killing granny. All of it with no context or comparison with other conditions.

Some people would be scared to go out during flu season if we had the same constant focus on that (that’s not a suggestion independent sage!). 

Its understandable but people shouldn't be so gullible and buy into fear and hysteria. People should have done their own risk assessment rather than be content to have their lifes micromanaged  for them for 15 months+

Lots of rumours that Portugal is on the verge of being removed from the green list. 
But also speculation that Balearics, Malta and Canary Islands are going green, so sack the Algarve troops, we’re aw going to Santa Ponsa now.
They can't be removed from Green straight to Amber. There is a "warning" system now to avoid that very scenario. No indication that Portugal will even be put on the warning list never mind Amber anywhere I have seen. The proposed list if "green" additions looks like Malta plus a couple of Greek / Spanish Islands plus a host of nonsense like obscure Pacific Islands.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/uk-green-list-countries-travel-b1857383.html%3famp

The contenders are thought to include Malta, Finland, Grenada, the Cayman Islands, Fiji, the British Virgin Islands, Antigua and Barbuda, St Kitts and Nevis, Turks and Caicos and Anguilla.

Another clue for new additions could be found on the Foreign Office (FCDO) advice pages. The FCDO has in place a blanket advisory against all non-essential travel, which it has exempted a number of destinations from. Obviously, most of the green list nations are exempt; but there are also some amber list exemptions, particularly islands that are faring better than their mainland counterparts.

Among these are Spain’s Canary Islands; the Greek islands of Rhodes, Kos, Zante, Corfu and Crete; and Malta.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:
Lots of rumours that Portugal is on the verge of being removed from the green list. 
But also speculation that Balearics, Malta and Canary Islands are going green, so sack the Algarve troops, we’re aw going to Santa Ponsa now.

They can't be removed from Green straight to Amber. There is a "warning" system now to avoid that very scenario. No indication that Portugal will even be put on the warning list never mind Amber anywhere I have seen. The proposed list if "green" additions looks like Malta plus a couple of Greek / Spanish Islands plus a host of nonsense like obscure Pacific Islands.

Some of the stuff reported by the torygraph is suggesting the warning list might get scrapped. Only reporting what’s being written by them. 

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

You’ve totally forgotten about the trump card: Long Covid.

Just back from getting my jag. Unfortunately, not enough to go round. Out of 56 employees they had 17 vaccines.  We were waiting all at the local health centre for over 1 hour before we found out. Employer pished off as they paid for everyone.  No worries, we just decided the oldest get.  The shambles of vaccination in Thailand continues, which is no surprise to anyone.

The Thai famous saying 'Mai pen rai' no need to worry.  No news of when we will get.

ETA - if feel a little bad about whole scenario now as my next door neighbour/aunt is 92 and has not had any word when she will get, but here is me a little pissed off. I'm 47 fighting fit.  Strange what this fucker has done to us all.

Edited by SlipperyP