Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, RiG said:

From a (very) quick look I couldn't see much difference between Level 1 and 2. If anyone is more learned on this than myself what are the differences? A few extra venues like soft play areas can open up I guess?

Soft play can open, pubs can stay open a little longer, and you can have up to 1,000 outdoors seated at the football etc. 

That's pretty much it, though. 

1 minute ago, RiG said:

From a (very) quick look I couldn't see much difference between Level 1 and 2. If anyone is more learned on this than myself what are the differences? A few extra venues like soft play areas can open up I guess?

There was somebody that owns a soft play on the radio this morning. Sounds like Jason Leitch personally wrote the guidance for them. 

One way systems for 2 year olds on the ball pit amongst a multitude of other insane rules. 

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

If you’re from Midlothian, where soft play areas are still closed. You could travel into Musselburgh and go to one there. 

or

Travel to Musselburgh and sit in a pub all night there from Midlothian.

6 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Oh and Inverclyde.

So everyone who wants to drink til closing time or go to soft play can start looking up train times to Greenock or Clydebank... If they're that desperate.

Are there Waltzers at any of them ?

Can't beat a bit of "shpin me", "shpin me" after a good session.

1 minute ago, Paco said:

Douglas Ross suggesting we chuck areas of towns or cities into higher levels than others. emoji23.png

He's genuinely the thickest person in the Northern Hemisphere.

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

Soft play can open, pubs can stay open a little longer, and you can have up to 1,000 outdoors seated at the football etc. 

Funfairs

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

Yeah I'm not losing any sleep over Edinburgh not going into Level 1 really.

2 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

There was somebody that owns a soft play on the radio this morning. Sounds like Jason Leitch personally wrote the guidance for them. 

One way systems for 2 year olds on the ball pit amongst a multitude of other insane rules. 

FFS.

2 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

If you’re from Midlothian, where soft play areas are still closed. You could travel into Musselburgh and go to one there. 

or

Travel to Musselburgh and sit in a pub all night there from Midlothian.

FFS x2.

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

At least shes on record saying hospitalisations etc are being smoked by the vaccines and the evidence about the delta/indian/whatever the f**k variant is positive. Mon the vaccines. 

Has anyone asked clownshoes and Devi yet? 

5 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

What would you say the most greeting-faced profession is? Teachers are definitely up there. Nurses run them close. There are definitely a few others I’m sure I’m missing though. Any public sector worker tbf.

I’d teach if I was getting paid in golden pigs.

I can only assume you're an auto-didact who has never, and will never, require hospital treatment or similar NHS help. Or a tory. 

I know where my money's going. 

Pretty relaxed about staying in Level 2 tbh, doesn’t make much difference, nae fitbaw on anyway that’ll be affected by it.

An extra hour in the pub would have been nice but it’s no like you canny just go for a drink in your gaff/your mates gaff after the boozers shut.

As long as we stay out level 3 then I’m no gonna be too bothered.

Having said that if we’ve no moved forward by the time the football is back then my view will be different.

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

At least shes on record saying hospitalisations etc are being smoked by the vaccines and the evidence about the delta/indian/whatever the f**k variant is positive. Mon the vaccines. 

That was the big takeaway for me

Any future decisions are not going to be taken on case numbers 

It’s hospital numbers and percentage of population who are vaccinated 

THANK f**k

The boffins who came up with these vaccines should get free pints for life 

From the BBC

The following areas will move to level one from one minute past midnight on Saturday:

Highland,

Argyll and Bute

Aberdeen City

Aberdeenshire

Moray

Angus

Perth and Kinross

Falkirk

Fife

Inverclyde,

East and West Lothian,

West Dunbartonshire,

Dumfries and Galloway

and the Borders.

The first minister says case numbers are still high in some areas of Scotland and they will be held at level 2 for a further period.

In addition to Glasgow, these areas are:

Edinburgh

Midlothian

Dundee

East Dunbartonshire

Renfrewshire

East Renfrewshire,

North Ayrshire

South Ayrshire

East Ayrshire

North Lanarkshire

South Lanarkshire