Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This is laughable nonsense. Only working about two thirds of the year is a negative, I’ve heard it all now.

Ask a teacher how much they work. Time spent in the classroom, or even in school, is nowhere near the full story. You either know this and are at it, or you should have availed yourself of some of these professionals' services when you had the chance. 

Five of us siblings - four teachers (primary, Dep Rector, Drama and PE), and me in the Prison Service, working HS for almost twenty five years. I wouldn't do their job for a gold pig. 

Is the double dose the latest bullshit excuse for restricting our lives further? I’m sure all along the 2nd dose just extends the length of time you are protected, rather than improving how much you may be protected. 

Is the double dose the latest bullshit excuse for restricting our lives further? I’m sure all along the 2nd dose just extends the length of time you are protected, rather than improving how much you may be protected. 
Study shows only 33% against symptomatic disease with the Indian variant, apparently.

I don't think they will need everyone double dosed, just the jcvi groups which will surely not be far off being done.

Aye, as per.

Other than West Dunbartonshire
Oh and Inverclyde.

So everyone who wants to drink til closing time or go to soft play can start looking up train times to Greenock or Clydebank... If they're that desperate.

Daily Cases Update:   No change to the upwards trajectory.  This time another 4% and positivity up to 2.5%

Fife just made the cut if you see below.  No special exceptions.

Some significant changes in the major countries in Europe.   Netherlands now tops the charts at a pretty respectable 122 cases per 100K. Denmark, Belgium & Greece are the only other countries above 100.

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 23rdd May to 29th May  were 3343 now 3476 up 3.98%.  Positivity was 2.4% now 2.5%.   Cases per 100k were 61.2 now 63.6

Home Nations Daily update:  UK Average  27.0 to 28.6 up 5.93%, England  25.7 to 27.2 up 5.84%,  Wales  8.9 to 8.7 down 2.25%, Northern Ireland 28.8 to 27.8 down 3.47%

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

HELD BACK AT SCHOOL LEVEL 2 

East Renfrewshire   149.7 to 164.3  No sign of slowing down.

Renfrewshire  155.2 to 152.4  Renfrew West & North both over 900 per 100K and now Scotland's new no go areas.

Glasgow City  128.7 to 129.5   

Dundee City   100.5 to 99.1  

South Ayrshire   76.4 to 92.4 Up near 500% in last week

Midlothian   88.7 to 89.8

City Of Edinburgh   76.4 to 82.7

South Lanarkshire  73.6 to 76.7 

North Lanarkshire  67.7 to 72.9 

Stirling   60.5 to 65.8 

East Dunbartonshire  67.2 to 64.4  

North Ayrshire  63.8 to 63.1

East Ayrshire  54.9 to 61.5

Clackmannanshire   81.5 to 56.3 Back on the down part of the rollercoaster now.

OFFICIAL  LEVEL 1 Good Guys

Fife  39.1 to 43.4

Falkirk   37.9 to 41.6

Perth & Kinross  38.2 to 38.8 

West Lothian   31.7 to 32.8

Inverclyde    25.7 to 32.1

Angus  30.1 to 30.1

Highlands   27.1 to 29.7  

West Dunbartonshire   22.5 to 27.0

East Lothian   22.4 to 24.3 

Aberdeen City   17.9 to 16.6  

Argyll & Bute  14.0 to 15.1

Moray   13.6 to 13.6

Aberdeenshire  8.4 to 8.8

Dumfries & Galloway  5.4 to 6.7 

Scottish  Borders   3.5 to 4.3

OFFICIAL LEVEL 0  Teuchters

Western Isles  3.7 to 0.0

Orkney Islands  9.0 to 0.0 

Shetland Islands 0.0 to 0.0

7 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Ask a teacher how much they work. Time spent in the classroom, or even in school, is nowhere near the full story. You either know this and are at it, or you should have availed yourself of some of these professionals' services when you had the chance. 

Five of us siblings - four teachers (primary, Dep Rector, Drama and PE), and me in the Prison Service, working HS for almost twenty five years. I wouldn't do their job for a gold pig. 

What would you say the most greeting-faced profession is? Teachers are definitely up there. Nurses run them close. There are definitely a few others I’m sure I’m missing though. Any public sector worker tbf.

I’d teach if I was getting paid in golden pigs.

From a (very) quick look I couldn't see much difference between Level 1 and 2. If anyone is more learned on this than myself what are the differences? A few extra venues like soft play areas can open up I guess?

Controversial take give my apparent prejudice, keep Glasgow etc at level 2 for another 7-10 days and see if cases drop/hospital numbers. Then if agreeable bump the other areas down. Think its a reasonable enough move from the Scottish Government. That said 0 deaths so for me its all about confirming that the vaccines work, get them rattled out as quick as possible and get the country open. 
Feel a bit more optimistic about opening up etc now. 

6 minutes ago, Scosha said:

I'm sure you don't know what you are talking about.

Multiple dose vaccines are given to create a greater immune response.