Coronavirus (COVID-19)

18 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

2020- fearful of the virus

2021- fearful of politicians' reaction to the virus

That's basically what it is.

2022 - shagging.

Having to pay more for holidays is a negative of being a teacher.  Having more time away from work is a positive of being a teacher.  I can't really think of a situation where the extra cost of holidays would counter balance the extra time not working. 

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

I don't even know the difference between the levels in Scotland anymore.

Arbitrary curfews and slight differences to mixing limits (which may even be the same across the levels 1 and 2)

And due to the league table.
I dont think those case numbers in themselves would justify staying at 2, given that the plan initially was just to pump the whole country down each time at the same time. Unless we are now back rigid adherance to arbitrary case numbers, but I think it more likely we are back to make it up as you go along.

We have all sat and watch Moray then Glasgows cases rocket then plummet, under the same restrictions from start to finish.

Cases will go up, cases will go down. Vaccine numbers are only going one way, protection levels are only going one way.

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The "enforceable" differences between level 2 and level 1 seem pretty small. The significant things I can see are that at level 1, soft place centres can open and crowds can be up to 1,000. 

I don't think it'll make much difference to me personally if Dundee moves to level 1 or stays in level 2.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont think those case numbers in themselves would justify staying at 2, given that the plan initially was just to pump the whole country down each time at the same time. Unless we are now back rigid adherance to arbitrary case numbers, but I think it more likely we are back to make it up as you go along.

We have all sat and watch Moray then Glasgows cases rocket then plummet, under the same restrictions from start to finish.

Cases will go up, cases will go down. Vaccine numbers are only going one way, protection levels are only going one way.

This is all true but somehow a cheeky low  blow has gone over your head there :lol:

6 minutes ago, GiGi said:

This is all true but somehow a cheeky low  blow has gone over your head there :lol:

And a follow up tap in aswell.....

Imagine a malaise so deep that obvious football jokes fail to register..... Thats life as a Bairn! 

478 new cases of COVID-19 reported

16,489 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

3.1% of these were positive

0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive

10 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (up from 8)

106 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19  (down from 110)

3,267,290 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 2,075,231 have received their second dose

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

35 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I don't think the majority of the population are following any of the rules any more anyway. Most folk see their parents/loved ones are now vaccinated and are accepting their own risk when choosing to do something. The sooner the Scottish government open everything up, let folk make their own choices and stop being football hating, nannying wankers the better. 

Edited by The Moonster