Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Why are we still obsessing with cleaning everything within an inch of its life / with entry and exit controls in an outdoor environment?

On one hand we'd moan if they just didn't allow this, but it is also fair to point out that it sounds absolutely pish at the same time.

Pure theatre. 

I was in a restaurant today that had allocated sides of the stairs depending on whether you were going up or down.  Why does this matter? I really don't get it. At any rate, it wouldn't be possible for people to go up and down the stairs at the same time as it was too narrow. 

I've seen this is a number of places so can only assume it's in the Government issued "Covid Secure" SOP. I get these are small things in the grand scheme of things, but the theatre is really starting to piss me off. 

Why are we so fixated with case numbers?

With the vaccinations continuing at a decent pace, surely we should be focusing on hospitalisations and  deaths which are at a low level. Hospitals are busy but NOT with Covid cases.

Covid is now becoming more and more like flu which causes minor illness but few serious problems.

Time to move on.

6 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
14 minutes ago, Michael W said:
Leave the pubs, shut the disease factories. 
Screenshot_20210530_192931_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.8a8452c7e90cf182c5efcbc7a384f410.jpg

I mean it's almost like the age groups which have been mostly vaccinated have the least cases. But we just don't know, eh?

Indeed. The data per above has been calculated at per 100k to equalise the discrepancies in numbers, but in raw numbers there were 21 cases of covid diagnosed in the over 90s in England in the last seven days. Clearly this group is a small part of the population, but the drop off in case rates between the 60-69 and 70+ cohorts is remarkable even considering the low rates being encountered in the 60-69 groups. The second dose effect really kicks in. 

Edited by Michael W

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

That's me double jagged now, just waiting on the hangover tomorrow. Then I'll be fucking invincible so get these restrictions to f**k. 

You won't be invincible for another 14 days or so. 😇

32 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Why are we still obsessing with cleaning everything within an inch of its life / with entry and exit controls in an outdoor environment?

On one hand we'd moan if they just didn't allow this, but it is also fair to point out that it sounds absolutely pish at the same time.

It's funny, because the sanitising theatre is utterly pointless in terms of an anti-Covid measure, but it's decent in terms of say, a restaurant or bar generally keeping their tables clean, or public transport being less manky, as you do get some utter minks in places. That said, though, the OCD-ness of it is a bit much. Generally speaking I wouldn't have a problem with more cleanliness and being able to sanitise your hands more easily going forwards, and that would probably be more welcome once things like mask wearing and one-way systems are in the bin.

Also, I don't even know if Clownshoes believes himself.

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

A billion pound company whose business is assessing what people think v your FB feed and you are going with the latter? 

Indeed.

I wonder which one reflects his preferred reading more closely.

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Pure theatre. 

I was in a restaurant today that had allocated sides of the stairs depending on whether you were going up or down.  Why does this matter? I really don't get it. At any rate, it wouldn't be possible for people to go up and down the stairs at the same time as it was too narrow. 

I've seen this is a number of places so can only assume it's in the Government issued "Covid Secure" SOP. I get these are small things in the grand scheme of things, but the theatre is really starting to piss me off. 

Company near my work peaked at this.

Just one doorway into the building but it's a double door. Similar idea to this...

xl-joinery-exterior-french-doors-directdoros-clear-glass-b.thumb.jpg.d7c53061a8e1a0116c003ca55938c8e5.jpg

One is entry only, one is exit only 😂

Was out in Edinburgh this afternoon and would say it’s busiest it’s been since before the first lockdown last year. Great stuff. 

Devi and Clownshoes will be seething at these people having a good time. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

Indeed.
I wonder which one reflects his preferred reading more closely.
Yeah, not believing what yougov say on a particular issue = gets news from a Facebook feed.

Fun to see someone make such a stupid post as an attack on someone elses intelligence.

26 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Was out in Edinburgh this afternoon and would say it’s busiest it’s been since before the first lockdown last year. Great stuff. 

Devi and Clownshoes will be seething at these people having a good time. 

Yeah Edinburgh was absolutely bouncing today. It was class.

I'm a member of yougov and periodically go through a phase of doing their surveys. I have been asked the covid questions before (it's been over 6 months tho) and did get asked about independence quite regularly too. 

Not that that testifies to the veracity of their conclusions, but these surveys do actually exist. 

In all seriousness, did I actually hear that c**t Leitch say 'this isn't beer glasses in the air if Scotland score, I hope it will be controlled' ?

Incredible that this man has been given such a platform, Off the Ball every week ffs. I will be a permanent heads gone case if this fucker ends up with a media/celebrity career when this has ended.

23 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yeah Edinburgh was absolutely bouncing today. It was class.

It was class seeing everyone bouncing and enjoying theirselves. Felt like normality has resumed for the first time since the pandemic started. 

Was out last night for a meal with my partner and our friends. Went for a couple of drinks after then you to theirs for the CL Final.

Town was very busy. Was good seeing it slowly opening up. I’d like to see Perth retain the beer gardens though, great addition.

I can’t see tier 1 being delayed. they’ve all but admitted the vaccines are breaking the chain of infection then hospital.

We’re so close to Leitch and Shiridar fucking off.

9 minutes ago, Avon Barksdale said:

In all seriousness, did I actually hear that c**t Leitch say 'this isn't beer glasses in the air if Scotland score, I hope it will be controlled' ?

Incredible that this man has been given such a platform, Off the Ball every week ffs. I will be a permanent heads gone case if this fucker ends up with a media/celebrity career when this has ended.

Just wait till they're doing pre match Off The Ball specials from Hampden with Clownshoes getting worshipped for "making this all possible" by his fluffers.