Coronavirus (COVID-19)

16 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
11 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:
He also, just yesterday, proclaimed it was likely we wouldn't need a passport system.

England already has a vaccine passport, it's included in the NHS app.

We've got one too, log in to the NHS site with your user name from vaccine letter, I  checked my status on NHS Scot and it's been updated to say the days you got your jags and vaccine given.

Disease targeted COVID-19
Country of vaccination Scotland
Issued by NHS Scotland
Doses received 2
Dose 1 of 2 15/03/2021
Manufacturer AstraZeneca AB
Vaccine medicinal product Vaxzevria
Vaccine/Prophylaxis Covid-19 vaccines
Dose 2 of 2 29/05/2021
Manufacturer AstraZeneca AB
Vaccine medicinal product Vaxzevria
Vaccine/Prophylaxis Covid-19 vaccines
Edited by dirty dingus

True to form, there will absolutely be another variant unveiled on the 19th of June. We'll call it the 19-June variant whilst we work out if using the area of discovery will upset anyone. This will probably lead to no further relaxations or the threat of vaccine passports for the ten thousandth time. 

In the meantime, I'm taking Taiwan in the sweepstake. 

Remember only a wee while ago when there were people, including prominent 'scientists', giving it: 'bUt wE dOn'T kNoW iF tHe VaCcInEs WiLl StOp TrAnSmIsSiOn!!!11'.

Minter.

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

True to form, there will absolutely be another variant unveiled on the 19th of June. We'll call it the 19-June variant whilst we work out if using the area of discovery will upset anyone. This will probably lead to no further relaxations or the threat of vaccine passports for the ten thousandth time. 

In the meantime, I'm taking Taiwan in the sweepstake. 

Indonesian variant imo

6 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Well, at least they are recognising the archaic blue envelope isn't efficient for younger groups but that shouldn't have come as a shock.  Get drop-in centres open into the late evenings for those at work.  I had to reschedule my appointment and couldn't find anything online.  Spoke to a very helpful lass on the phone who got me in for the next day, but there will be many who just don't show if their appointment is at an awkward time/location.  

Does anyone think the police will be out enforcing the law at Glasgow Central or Queen Street as people from Glasgow  flood down to Ayrshire or loch Lomond on a roasting bank holiday Monday? 

The "safer shores" barriers have been erected at Troon and Ayr stations but that's 100% normal even before Covid. They basically check bags for drink (targeted to the young team) heading to the beaches. Doubt they will be asking for proof of home address some how.

What are the tangible differences between 'level two' and 'level one'? For example, what will it mean for the hospitality industry, etc. Similarly, what real difference is there between 'level one' and 'level zero'?

15 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You're missing a very important point though.

The majority of the voting public support further restrictions.

We may be noisy in here but sadly we're all in the minority.

They won't be supportive of it when their livelihood is going down the pan and furlough is being phased out.

Edit: Granted, a lot of those supportive of restrictions will be middle class WFH losers, content with their lot. Though there are plenty on here, myself included, who are WFH but can't wait for life to get back to normal.

Edited by Elixir

Just now, Elixir said:

What are the tangible differences between 'level two' and 'level one'? For example, what will it mean for the hospitality industry, etc. Similarly, what real difference is there between 'level one' and 'level zero'?

The idea that closing at 11pm is more dangerous than 10.30pm, or 8pm, needs launched in the sea.

Utterly pointless pish.

Curfews were binned in England because they demonstrated no benefit. Of course the SG kept them uphere because they care so much more.

Should only be two levels - open or closed.

The idea that closing at 11pm is more dangerous than 10.30pm, or 8pm, needs launched in the sea.
Utterly pointless pish.
Curfews were binned in England because they demonstrated no benefit. Of course the SG kept them uphere because they care so much more.
Werent they binned after a legal challenge?

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
10 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
Utterly pointless pish.

Werent they binned after a legal challenge?

Yeah. IIRC the government lost the challenge because they couldn't provide any evidence that they had any impact.