Coronavirus (COVID-19)

40 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Elixir said:
'Loads of tourists'. She is such a despicable c**t.
Oh well - restaurant and bars I was in with the missus last night were absolutely hoaching. Get it right fucking round you. heh.png&key=a6e087fdded082e88106651c0a0a810f02257eeeaf9bf0ddd89dbe80c980cd6c

Wish you could get a hoaching pub down here. Strictly table service, no standing and tables well spaced out. Pretty poor, soulless experience hence heading up to Perth for the weekend. Oh and one of the bar / restaurants has a sign up advising they want addresses as part of T&T due to "large numbers travelling down from Glasgow against current regulations" Utterly unbelievable and quite literally a modern day prejudice akin to the no blacks / Irish of decades gone by. The worst of it is the locals were queuing outside for tables !!!

Which bar is doing that? So I can avoid it!

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Funny that the Natter Massive have turned on wee Prof Devi.  She had two jobs to do:

1. Blame Boris for everything
2. Call those of us who support the Union, "Anti-Scottish"

Mission accomplished and her funding for future researched projects is secure in the backwater that Nationalist Scotland.

Why do you often behave like a stupid person?

8 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Why do you often behave like a stupid person?

Eh?  We both know how much Devi was initially lauded on here.  We both know what her achievements were in denigrating Boris and we Unionists   We both see that she is now the thread's bête noire.

You're asking the wrong Q to the wrong poster.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

How many people are in ICU in Edinburgh with covid? Over/under 1.5?

NHS Lothian has 8 patients in hospital.

The ICU figure is less than 5. Given the pan Scotland figure is 4 it's  most likely 0, at a push 1. 

Devi is a self serving c**t who needs jettisoned from a position of influence right now. Dreadful woman.

24 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

The ICU figure is less than 5. Given the pan Scotland figure is 4 it's  most likely 0, at a push 1. 

Devi is a self serving c**t who needs jettisoned from a position of influence right now. Dreadful woman.

Indeed. The nature of admissions to hospital among the small number of people who are vaccinated is also hopefully changing:

32 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Devi is a despicable c**t who needs jettisoned from a position of influence right now. Dreadful woman.

FTFY

The Variant previously known as "The Indian" found its way into the Stobbie, Baxter Park, Hilltoon, Law area in Dundee.  Not really a major shock as probably Dundee's most ethnically diverse areas.  Assume the public health teams will be swooping in as we speak. Interesting to see if it is contained.   I hope all those no shows for Vaccine at the Caird Hall that #Aiden was talking about have been reversed.
Was sitting about 50% no show when I was last in the hall at about 18:00 on Thursday.
Not quite the same as the Glasgow problems from last week, but I got mine at the Caird Hall in Dundee at tea time and the place was packed. Was an hour from queue to getting out.
Has to be a sign that younger cohorts are turning up in their droves.
Nah there's a lot of the vaccinators finish at 16:30. Also the amount of no shows actually slows things down and makes it look busier than it is, later on in the day they try and only prepare as much vaccine as they need to try and cut down waste.

There's talk of some of the centres opening up for walk ins soon so I'm hoping we are one of them or I might just go upstairs and throw myself off the balcony.

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Funny that the Natter Massive have turned on wee Prof Devi.  She had two jobs to do:

1. Blame Boris for everything
2. Call those of us who support the Union, "Anti-Scottish"

Mission accomplished and her funding for future researched projects is secure in the backwater that Nationalist Scotland.

And here I thought grievance politics was the calling card of the ‘empty headed natters’.

Get yourself over to Edinburgh.  Glorious day out. I could recommend some pubs that would make you feel perfectly normal.  They will eventually come round with a clipboard to get the name/number of someone in the party so they can tick a box.
I’ve booked a pub and restaurant to take Mrs. Back out on Sunday.  I don’t mind table service etc. for that.  It’s very civilised and feels like being in Europe.  f**k that when I’m out with the boys though and we want to go to multiple pubs and get trashed.
Agree 100% with that sentiment. Hopefully Perth will be better. Will report back next week.

Which bar is doing that? So I can avoid it!
McKays who have been pretty strange throughout. Apparently fully booked today, no queuing even. The massive beer garden with the forecast probably the clincher.

ETA just been told there is an outbreak in Troon / Barassie that is the primary driver for the rapid rise in S Ayrshire the last few days (heat map on Travelling tabby confirms it too so not just rumours) so perhaps that is behind their thinking although I'm not sure I should be giving them excuses !

9 hours ago, Left Back said:

Get yourself over to Edinburgh.  Glorious day out. I could recommend some pubs that would make you feel perfectly normal.  They will eventually come round with a clipboard to get the name/number of someone in the party so they can tick a box.

I’ve booked a pub and restaurant to take Mrs. Back out on Sunday.  I don’t mind table service etc. for that.  It’s very civilised and feels like being in Europe.  f**k that when I’m out with the boys though and we want to go to multiple pubs and get trashed.

It's a waste of time going to any pubs until you can go to multiple like normal 

Table service,  two hour slots bollocks

Glasgows missing nothing 

Glasgows missing nothing 
To be fair after my scathing attack locally the non food pubs aren't bothering about the 2hrs slot rule but the food pubs and restaurants are pretty rigid about it especially at weekends.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
6 minutes ago, Binos said:
Glasgows missing nothing 

To be fair after my scathing attack locally the non food pubs aren't bothering about the 2hrs slot rule but the food pubs and restaurants are pretty rigid about it especially at weekends.

I'm just going to not bother engaging with it until it's gone completely back to normal 

Which is on the 21st of June apparently 

Just saw on TV both clubs got 6k tickets for the CLF tonight. An estimated 24k have travelled from both clubs yet amazingly Chelsea fell well short of being able to sell their 6k allocation and returned 800 which can't be resold !!!

I assume the same issues will befall the Euros with it near impossible for Czechs and Croats to get to Scotland.

Been invited for my first dose of the good stuff after following the link wee nippy and the government had been talking about for 18-29 year olds. 14th of June which I had booked off for the Scotland game anyway so very convenient.

I take it that it will still be Pfizer? Or is Moderna being rolled out fully now? 

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Eh?  We both know how much Devi was initially lauded on here.  We both know what her achievements were in denigrating Boris and we Unionists   We both see that she is now the thread's bête noire.

I prefer persona non grata  you sonofabitch

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

There is a bit of pressure building up on Hancock now due to hospital discharges to care homes. 

I'm guessing he won't get away with doing the SNP's "actually it was the size of the care homes not us sending them Covid infections" excuse.

It was a once in a hundred years global pandemic and we along with the entire western world didn't know what the f**k we were doing, will probably be the excuse