Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, virginton said:

Sridhar yet again trying to dog whistle her way to blaming foreign incomers for the problem I see. 

Funny that the Natter Massive have turned on wee Prof Devi.  She had two jobs to do:

1. Blame Boris for everything
2. Call those of us who support the Union, "Anti-Scottish"

Mission accomplished and her funding for future researched projects is secure in the backwater that Nationalist Scotland.

Channel 4 News flying a reporter out to Porto to wring hands about variants and still in lockdown!!! (because bars close at, err, 10:30 just like under the benevolent non-lockdown tier 2 in Scotland!) All while nobody else is giving a single f**k. 

Just sink this tragic island of weirdos.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Funny that the Natter Massive have turned on wee Prof Devi.  She had two jobs to do:

Mission accomplished and her funding for future researched projects is secure in the backwater that Nationalist Scotland.

Enjoy your night M8.

Only if they do another u turn and decide that ITU numbers aren't a benchmark now.
To be honest they don't seem to have a clue.  Doesn't help when you have idiot advisors like Sridhar who had zero credibility with her peers forcing her own agenda.
Shower of charlatans.
Good to know, got a hotel, restaurant and pub booked for the weekend, not been out out in over a year so half expecting it to get wrecked somehow, pub is booked for an outside table so beers should be achievable but I don't fancy a coke with my steak as that's indoors.

Look at this.

Look at the actual fucking state of this, and imagine writing it out, and then hitting the send, rather than the delete button.

Good grief.

9 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Yet one dose still provides a,lot of protection from becoming seriously ill but they're just ignoring that as per...

TBF she was giving reasons why the Edinburgh numbers might be climbing (are they? I haven't even checked) and people not being fully dosed could be a reason for that. 

Kind of on topic, one of my mates has been double dosed and her husband single dosed and they both caught it last week. Fine now, but def symptomatic. Anyway, she's a bit of a geek and looked up / worked out the chances of catching it in those circumstances - apparently its broadly a 1 in 500 (0.2%) chance if you've had one dose, and 1 in 3333 (0.03%) change if you've had both.

14 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:
So the majority of people aren’t vaccinated emoji38.png

To be fair, she said "not fully vaccinated"

She did, but she knows exactly what she’s doing.  She’s playing to her gallery.

ETA.  The fannies that love her will lap it up even though it’s scaremongering pish

Edited by Left Back

49 minutes ago, virginton said:

Channel 4 News flying a reporter out to Porto to wring hands about variants and still in lockdown!!! (because bars close at, err, 10:30 just like under the benevolent non-lockdown tier 2 in Scotland!) All while nobody else is giving a single f**k. 

Just sink this tragic island of weirdos.

That was a weird report.  You could tell that deep down she was praying that the plastic chairs were going to start flying.  It was a fairly snooty selection of soundbites selected by Channel 4 when they were interviewing fans too.  I bet there were plenty less red-faced and refreshed fans that they could have interviewed for a more lucid take.    

29 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Look at this.

Look at the actual fucking state of this, and imagine writing it out, and then hitting the send, rather than the delete button.

Good grief.

The hysterical Falkirk borrower flouncing like f**k but saying v. little as is his MO.

I dare ask you to explain yourself but we both know that's beyond you.

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

So the majority of people aren’t vaccinated :lol:

'Loads of tourists'. She is such a despicable c**t.

Oh well - restaurant and bars I was in with the missus last night were absolutely hoaching. Get it right fucking round you. heh.png

Ah diddums, are the tourists getting in the way of Devi's evening strolls in the pissing rain? 

Can't wait to do a bit of the old tourism in Scotland in a couple of weeks. Making my own sunshine as they say. 

20 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The hysterical Falkirk borrower flouncing like f**k but saying v. little as is his MO.

I dare ask you to explain yourself but we both know that's beyond you.

I think its obvious enough that I am ridiculing you for a frankly bizarre, totally unprovoked and context-free rant in the covid thread m8.

Oh well - restaurant and bars I was in with the missus last night were absolutely hoaching. Get it right fucking round you. heh.png&key=a6e087fdded082e88106651c0a0a810f02257eeeaf9bf0ddd89dbe80c980cd6c
Wish you could get a hoaching pub down here. Strictly table service, no standing and tables well spaced out. Pretty poor, soulless experience hence heading up to Perth for the weekend. Oh and one of the bar / restaurants has a sign up advising they want addresses as part of T&T due to "large numbers travelling down from Glasgow against current regulations" Utterly unbelievable and quite literally a modern day prejudice akin to the no blacks / Irish of decades gone by. The worst of it is the locals were queuing outside for tables !!!

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I think its obvious enough that I am ridiculing you for a frankly bizarre, totally unprovoked and context-free rant in the covid thread m8.

The now 'cancelled' Devi - erstwhile doyen of the Covid thread - is on record as saying:

1. It's all England's fault
2. If you are a unionist you hate Scotland

There is nothing bizarre in stating this. 

The now 'cancelled' Devi - erstwhile doyen of the Covid thread - is on record as saying:
Take it you've had your arse handed to you again in the politics threads hence your sulking in here. Who rinsed you this time ?

20 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
26 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Take it you've had your arse handed to you again in the politics threads hence your sulking in here. Who rinsed you this time ?

Thanks for the post, BJK, and nice to hear from you again.

I am very much a not-sulky poster.

22 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
41 minutes ago, Elixir said:
Oh well - restaurant and bars I was in with the missus last night were absolutely hoaching. Get it right fucking round you. heh.png&key=a6e087fdded082e88106651c0a0a810f02257eeeaf9bf0ddd89dbe80c980cd6c

Wish you could get a hoaching pub down here. Strictly table service, no standing and tables well spaced out. Pretty poor, soulless experience hence heading up to Perth for the weekend. Oh and one of the bar / restaurants has a sign up advising they want addresses as part of T&T due to "large numbers travelling down from Glasgow against current regulations" Utterly unbelievable and quite literally a modern day prejudice akin to the no blacks / Irish of decades gone by. The worst of it is the locals were queuing outside for tables !!!

Get yourself over to Edinburgh.  Glorious day out. I could recommend some pubs that would make you feel perfectly normal.  They will eventually come round with a clipboard to get the name/number of someone in the party so they can tick a box.

I’ve booked a pub and restaurant to take Mrs. Back out on Sunday.  I don’t mind table service etc. for that.  It’s very civilised and feels like being in Europe.  f**k that when I’m out with the boys though and we want to go to multiple pubs and get trashed.