ICTChris

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

NS hinting at July to get past 'Level 0' which you would assume is an end to social distancing etc. 
I recently contacted a works liasion at SG for a heads up re whether it was worth the time and effort to arrange an in-person training event later this year. The response was to arrange something online as social distancing will remain in place all year. This wasn't a formal request but suffice to say I haven't started pricing sausage rolls.

While I understand that shops, pubs etc do need time to prepare to open (and couldn’t necessarily risk doing so before today) I don’t see why takeaways can’t return to indoor collection straight away. 

10 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Conspiracy theorist, pants-shitting paedophile Ted Nugent has it. Good work Covid. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nme.com/news/music/ted-nugent-has-caught-covid-19-after-calling-it-not-a-real-pandemic-2924035%3famp

Nah, it's Cat Scratch Fever.

36 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Was more referring to this scramble to evade quarantine shite. If you announce it it’s got to be effective immediately Shirley?

It’s not quarantine people are trying to evade.  Everyone has to quarantine regardless.  It’s managed quarantine where you have to pay £1500 or so for the privilege instead of being at home for free.

I don’t believe for a second that everyone that is supposed to be quarantining at home is doing so and I agree managed quarantine should be effective immediately.

What I don’t get is how there are all these allegedly full flights coming back from India.  That many people have had valid reasons to travel abroad lately? 

BBC news last night said there were around 50,000 flew from UK to India in February alone which I couldn't get my head round.

Anyway got my vaccination appointment for next week through today. Bring it on!

34 minutes ago, ddfg said:
6 hours ago, Scosha said:
NS hinting at July to get past 'Level 0' which you would assume is an end to social distancing etc. 

I recently contacted a works liasion at SG for a heads up re whether it was worth the time and effort to arrange an in-person training event later this year. The response was to arrange something online as social distancing will remain in place all year. This wasn't a formal request but suffice to say I haven't started pricing sausage rolls.

I'm not going to get annoyed at this because it will more than likely play out differently, but I'll add it to the list of things that will almost certainly happen within weeks of England ditching it.

That their hand will be forced on this is good for the general public, but the impact this will have on venues who would be banking on events being allowed in Q3/Q4 in order to generate much needed revenue will be considerable.

No point suddenly going "good news, guys, you can hold events now" if that kind of advice is being given to event organisers just now, as they will plan online things instead, and the venues will be left empty later in the year.

If it wasn't as potentially catastrophic to the future of so many venues, the SG's apparant inability to think mid-long term would be amusing.

I can't believe there is anyone within the SG who actually believes that keeping SD in place until 2022 is either necessary or viable, so drop the "we just don't know" act and give these businesses a chance at surviving once the Covid Relief rug is pulled from under their feet.

“Annette from Leicester asks if the daily Covid statistics on hospitalisations and deaths will begin to detail those who have received vaccinations”

Fucking hell.

5 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

“Annette from Leicester asks if the daily Covid statistics on hospitalisations and deaths will begin to detail those who have received vaccinations”

Fucking hell.

0-0

Should come with a caveat about no restrictions but covid passports. Guaranteed 
It appears from tonight that The WMG are looking at implementing mandatory testing and vaccine passports but not classing them as a "restriction" ie part of the "new normal" but being sold to us as perfectly "normal"

16 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
25 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:
Should come with a caveat about no restrictions but covid passports. Guaranteed 

It appears from tonight that The WMG are looking at implementing mandatory testing and vaccine passports but not classing them as a "restriction" ie part of the "new normal" but being sold to us as perfectly "normal"

Absolute bullshit this "new normal". Vaccine passports dont guarantee anything. Hopefully the SG will have the backbone to fire this idea in the sea 

Same. 

4EE50B8C-6B71-47D9-A46D-717F86838775.gif.7bd43e7a50610ab8b90f5bb034fe40a6.gif
Caird Hall? If so, £5 and I'll let you skip the queue

Will you be wearing a pink carnation?
Like the last time.
You'll need more than a fiver for that!

Why was India not put on the red list as soon as cases sky rocketed there? Has nothing been learned in the last 13 months? 

BJ also bleating on about how we're certain to have a third wave. Obviously just a rouse to implement vaccine passports. Who the hell cares if those outwith the elderly and vulnerable get a cough for a few days and have to lie low? This charade needs ended 

2 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

I think you are taking Elixirs role here - he’s the one that posts the Politics for All tweets.

You’re missing a gif underneath though, so if you are taking on this mantle, please try harder.

22 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Why was India not put on the red list as soon as cases sky rocketed there? Has nothing been learned in the last 13 months? 

BJ also bleating on about how we're certain to have a third wave. Obviously just a rouse to implement vaccine passports. Who the hell cares if those outwith the elderly and vulnerable get a cough for a few days and have to lie low? This charade needs ended 

Boris was supposed to be going there on some kind of trade mission I think.  Trumps anything like actual public health.

Edited by Left Back

It won't end aslong as its profitable for these c***s and their pals.

3 minutes ago, Empty It said:
27 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It won't end aslong as its profitable for these c***s and their pals.

Very true. Saw Hancocks sister got some kind of deal during this. They're shameless