Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Aladdin said:

Cummings may be a grassing snake but you have to assume he knows where the bodies are buried.

He wouldn't be saying ten per cent of today's stuff without 

a. Comprehensive documentary backup, and

b. A "to be opened in the case of my death" envelope lodged at at least three different law firms (preferably in different countries. 

He remembers David Kelly, and he'll be assuming he's not the only one.

4 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

He wouldn't be saying ten per cent of today's stuff without 

a. Comprehensive documentary backup, and

b. A "to be opened in the case of my death" envelope lodged at at least three different law firms (preferably in different countries. 

He remembers David Kelly, and he'll be assuming he's not the only one.

going by some of what he's said, you wouldn't fancy this government to competently order or manage his assassination anyway. he'l be fine, sadly

This is all good to see but the reality is, the red wall voters are like in the Simpsons when Spinal Tap are giving it "NOBODY KNOWS HOW TO ROCK LIKE *checks note on back of guitar* SPRINGFIELD!!!!"

They are committed. Even as one of the most despicable tories of all sticks the knife in, someone in the media will find a way to portray this as a "woke agenda" or some shit.

Suspect a "people just want us to get on with the day job" type headline flurry tomorrow.

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Naughty Level 3 Councils

Clackmannanshire   161.0 to 163.0   Tullibody Loyalist Bears Club 73,145 to 76,498 per 100K

Had to do a double take here. Missed the joke and genuinely thought 3 in 4 people in Tullibody had covid. 

31 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If eradication is the PERMANENT reduction of the virus, and elimination is the reduction of the virus, what exactly are the differences here? One means permanently removed and the other means you get rid of it as much as possible.

Think it might be time to improve my forum experience tbh, this VT-lite act doesn't cut it for me. 

Words have different meanings in different contexts and industries. There is a clear distinction in epidemiology between elimination and eradication, yet folk on here keep calling them the same thing because the Oxford dictionary said so. "Common sense use" lol. 

Yeah, I took the word "sense" out of the post since you aren't speaking any.

Edited by strichener

1 hour ago, MP_MFC said:

South Lanarkshire going up, look at the case map shows its the areas around the south side and ek (near East Ren) beginning to show up - wonder what might have caused this.

It's almost amazingly like the virus doesn't respect boundary lines on a map.

In all seriousness, there seems to be a lot of cases in kids. The highest case rate per 100k, is in the 0-14 age groups followed by the 15-19 and 20-24. The cases decrease as you go up the age groups who will likely have been vaccinated and are fairly low for 65+ which is probably keeping the hospitals clear. I suspect schools are being a driver in cases. 

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Dominic Cummings is such a spineless wee grass, he might be grassing on Tories but hes a grass none the less. Shameless c**t.

Would you rather he just kept quiet and didn't give us an insight into this shambles of a government?

That can't be right. We've been told multiple times that the schools are safe! 

In all seriousness, the kids getting covid is the acid test for the vaccines. They take their covid home and if their parents (most won't be double jabbed) and grandparents don't end up getting it, hopefully we can all start worrying less. The evidence so far says that the vaccines work and if it's not being passed around households in great numbers I don't see how you can deny how effective the vaccines are. 

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

I’m missing the joke?

I'm assuming the Bears club is fictional and does not in fact have 76000 per 100,000 with covid. 

I feel like I'm in whooshception now. 

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/nicola-sturgeon-announce-level-0-20683208

The First Minister will set out in June how the country will look when the lockdown levels system is scrapped.”

FML - What is even to consider?  Once emergency legislation is binned everything goes back as was. Sneaking in any changes long term to everyday life in the guise of safety and compassion is a piss take.

Edited by Abdul_Latif

5 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I’m missing the joke?

Took me bit to work out too, was looking for significance in the numbers. I think the suggestion is that the Tullibody cases are mostly within a certain subset therein?

32 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/nicola-sturgeon-announce-level-0-20683208

The First Minister will set out in June how the country will look when the lockdown levels system is scrapped.”

FML - What is even to consider?  Once emergency legislation is binned everything goes back as was. Sneaking in any changes long term to everyday life in the guise of safety and compassion is a piss take.

"So over the next three weeks, we will also set out our expectations for the stage beyond Level 0 - as we return to a much greater degree of normality."

Lol

What is "normal" then. Level -5?