Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
8 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:
546 new cases of COVID-19 reported
28,674 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
2.1% of these were positive
0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
6 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (unchanged)
98 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (97 yesterday)
3,155,733 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 1,913,809 have received their second dose

WTF is going on up here with gigs like this. That's equivalent to a UK figure of about 6000+ and we are seeing nothing near that outwith Scotland ???

pish weather keeping folk indoors?

10 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
18 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:
546 new cases of COVID-19 reported
28,674 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
2.1% of these were positive
0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
6 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (unchanged)
98 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (97 yesterday)
3,155,733 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 1,913,809 have received their second dose

WTF is going on up here with gigs like this. That's equivalent to a UK figure of about 6000+ and we are seeing nothing near that outwith Scotland ???

Are we about the right amount on from the Rangers fans flashmob of fun?

Daily Cases Update:   No change to the upwards trajectory.  In fact a poor day up 4.47%.

Now case rates 5.3 times as high as the Welsh and twice as high as England.

All of the Plagued councils still rising and Dundee taking giant steps recently to join them.

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 17th May to 23rd May  were 2441 now 2550 up 4.47%.  Positivity was 1.8% now 1.8%.   Cases per 100k were 44.7 now 46.7

Home Nations Daily update:  UK Average  22.5 to 23.7 up 5.33%, England  21.3 to 22.5 up 5.63%,  Wales  9.4 to 8.8 down 6.38%, Northern Ireland 32.4 to 32.0 down  1.23%

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Naughty Level 3 Councils

Clackmannanshire   161.0 to 163.0   Tullibody Loyalist Bears Club 73,145 to 76,498 per 100K

Glasgow City  138.7 to 144.2    

East Renfrewshire   111.0 to 111.0  

Midlothian  80.0 to 82.2 

Renfrewshire  77.6 to 82.1  

East Dunbartonshire   76.4 to 78.2 

Dundee City  42.2 to 52.2  Up 65% in 2 days shocker. Into Level 3 land.

Under 50 Level 2 Criteria Club

South Lanarkshire  46.2 to 49.9 

North Ayrshire  46.8 to 48.2 

City Of Edinburgh    38.1 to 43.2  Up 13% 

Stirling  32.9 to 35.0  

East Ayrshire    31.1 to 32.8

North Lanarkshire 35.4 to 32.5

Falkirk  26.7 to 28.0

Fife   27.8 to 27.3 

East Lothian   23.3 to 23.3 

Perth & Kinross    24.4 to 23.0 

West Lothian   22.4 to 20.8

Angus  19.8 to 20.7

The Should be in Level 1  Club Sub 20.0image.jpeg.2ac60f85799d1453b2fa133e8de973d3.jpeg

West Dunbartonshire   18.0 to 19.1

South Ayrshire   13.3 to 17.8

Moray 14.6 to 17.7 

Aberdeenshire  11.1 to 11.9

Argyll & Bute   11.6 to 11.6 

Aberdeen City 8.7 to 10.1  

Scottish  Borders   6.1 to 6.9

Highlands  5.1 to 5.5

Inverclyde 3.9 to 3.9 

Western Isles  3.7 to 3.7

Dumfries & Galloway  2.0 to 2.0  

Orkney Island  9.0 to 0.0 

Shetland Islands  4.4 to 0.0 

55 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

This idea needs to GTF. Full stadiums should be allowed without the caveat of being tested beforehand or a vaccine passport. There is literally no need to jump through hoops to attend an event that it OUTDOORS when the elderly/vulnerable have been vaccinated. When even Israel are ditching the vaccine passport yet the UK is wanting them introduced you know you’re fcked. 

05281CF7-2B8E-4CB1-B60E-146D860931F8.jpeg

I wouldn't be that against this and question why so many are absolutely against it. I heard in Denmark if you can show a negative test within 3 days of an event then you can go and they have absolutely no issue with that. If that started the ball rolling to get people to attend events I would be fine with that rather than the alternative being no spectators anywhere. If I had an option today to take a test 3 days before the Hampden Euros game and get to go or have limited or no fans attend then it's an easy decision for me.

If you go to something weekly then get the home kits, it takes minutes to do. And I am sure as time rolls on and these events are proven not to be the sources of outbreak the procedures will start to be relaxed.

17 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

South Lanarkshire going up, look at the case map shows its the areas around the south side and ek (near East Ren) beginning to show up - wonder what might have caused this.

Screenshot-2021-05-15-at-21_29.28_censored.jpg.da8f7ec4112c0e459e7ed1232cabf7d0.jpg

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

It's not my fault that you're a complete moron that doesn't understand these terms. As has been pointed out numerous times, "Zero Covid" doesn't mean absolutely no covid. If you think that calling it Zero Covid is stupid that's fair enough, but "Elimination" means getting cases down as low as possible in epidemiology, "Eradication" means the permanent removal of the virus, which is what you keep suggesting was the strategy.

Oh dear. It would evidently appear that it is you who does not know the difference between elimination and eradication of disease.

CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/su48a7.htm

Elimination of disease: Reduction to zero of the incidence of a specified disease in a defined geographical area as a result of deliberate efforts; continued intervention measures are required. Example: neonatal tetanus.

Eradication: Permanent reduction to zero of the worldwide incidence of infection caused by a specific agent as a result of deliberate efforts; intervention measures are no longer needed. Example: smallpox. Extinction: The specific infectious agent no longer exists in nature or in the laboratory.

So, elimination does not mean 'getting cases down as low as possible' - it quite clearly means no incidence of disease in a geographical area, i.e. no cases and not simply 'low numbers'. This is not what is occurring in Scotland, and it never will.

What an utter disaster for you. Good to see you standing in for Devi et al's reinvention or the word 'zero' as well, though.

Elimination means getting the cases as low as possible, which we've done, and now that the vaccines are keeping hospital admissions down there is no need for large scale restrictions. I haven't seen her full speech so if she specifically said she's changing strategy then fair enough, but none of the quotes I've seen so far suggest a change in strategy to me, simply we are progressing through the elimination strategy. 

^^^ idiot found

This is my favourite and just come out.  No politician would ever have had the balls to go for it.

When it comes to vaccines, "it is unarguable what should have happened" he argues.

People should have been paid to take part in vaccine trials - and their families compensated if they died or things went wrong.

"We would have hugely cut the time" and possibly got people jabbed by September he argues.

8 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Dominic Cummings is such a spineless wee grass, he might be grassing on Tories but hes a grass none the less. Shameless c**t.

He's also still subtly pushing his own agenda, the one he actually wanted to implement when he became Johnsons special advisor.  He's long been critical of the way government operates and wanted to change it.  A lot of the criticisms are being made with that angle in mind that government is essentially not fit for purpose the way it currently operates.

11 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Yet the Greens were pushing some of the worst sanctimonious virtue signalling throughout this whole shit show.

Elimination means getting the cases as low as possible, which we've done, and now that the vaccines are keeping hospital admissions down there is no need for large scale restrictions. I haven't seen her full speech so if she specifically said she's changing strategy then fair enough, but none of the quotes I've seen so far suggest a change in strategy to me, simply we are progressing through the elimination strategy. 

I think you have re-defined elimination here.  Under no common use of the English language does elimination mean reducing as far as possible.

Edited by strichener

18 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Oh dear. It would evidently appear that it is you who does not know the difference between elimination and eradication of disease.

So, elimination does not mean 'getting cases down as low as possible' - it quite clearly means no incidence of disease in a geographical area, i.e. no cases and not simply 'low numbers'. This is not what is occurring in Scotland, and it never will.

What an utter disaster for you. Good to see you standing in for Devi et al's reinvention or the word 'zero' as well, though.

^^^ idiot found

If eradication is the PERMANENT reduction of the virus, and elimination is the reduction of the virus, what exactly are the differences here? One means permanently removed and the other means you get rid of it as much as possible.

Think it might be time to improve my forum experience tbh, this VT-lite act doesn't cut it for me. 

Just now, strichener said:

I think you have re-defined elimination here under no common sense use of the English language does elimination mean reducing as far as possible.

Words have different meanings in different contexts and industries. There is a clear distinction in epidemiology between elimination and eradication, yet folk on here keep calling them the same thing because the Oxford dictionary said so. "Common sense use" lol.