Coronavirus (COVID-19)

This sounds like a distinct change and that some of these earlier games could now be used as 'new trial events' for full capacity.
Not convinced. UEFA cancelled folks tickets and the remainder have been resold. Those games are locked in at current capacity, it's just over a couple of weeks away now. The logistics will be part of the leaking strategy, we might / could when really they know it's not feasible.

Yet we're led to believe there is a lot of anxiety about things like this happening, like that very concerned local resident who will have thousands of people mixing practically just outside her front door!
f**k him / her basically. Just stay in.

Almost an acknowledgement that vaccination breaks the link between cases and hospitalisations.  She just couldn't take the plunge though.

Aye felt like she was holding herself back.

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

Almost an acknowledgement that vaccination breaks the link between cases and hospitalisations.  She just couldn't take the plunge though.

Probably not surprising considering how wildly Devi has now pivoted, though still falling short for the time being of admitting the reality that this will just become another endemic human virus we live with - and nobody will care about it a year or two from now.

7 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Decent. I've been wondering when the shan 10.30pm closing period would be binned.

Come July/August there really is going to be precisely zero justification for any ongoing theatre measures. It should be complete normality.

11 minutes ago, Elixir said:

What 'full crowds' will there be in Scotland in July? Those Betfred Cup group games sure used to be packed to the rafters pre-pandemic! It is quite clear what waffle has been spouted by Leitch and Scot Gov even come the season start proper in August.

By "full crowds" I obviously mean no limits to the attendance number, I'm not expecting Dumbarton vs Kilmarnock to be a sell out capacity crowd in the League Cup but I'm sure you were aware that's what was meant. Tone changes quickly with this stuff, they might be saying crowds are unlikely right now but when everyone is vaccinated and folk realise normal life can return the tone will quickly change to allow crowds back in full. Leitch has been wrong on a number of things, you of all people are aware of this. You can agree or disagree with the messaging from the SG and that's fair enough but you're at the stage now of sticking the boot into them based on a misleading headline from a Tory twitter account, which is talking about a potential scenario that has not happened yet. 

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Is this briefing laying the groundwork for Glasgow to go to L2 on Friday or will it be another week ?

Based on what she said i'd be surprised if it dropped this week but looks on the cards for next week

4 hours ago, Detournement said:

I'm not arguing either way. 

I'm just pointing out that no one this thread is adding context to these hospitalisations because the data which could enable that isn't public. High profile people in the media probably won't be in their jobs for long if they post pictures of cigars four times a day and cite Oaksoft.

TBF, this would probably be more journalistic than what they are currently doing.