Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's been pointed out before, but the stuff this twitter account churns out is deliberately misleading and you seem to take it in every time. A quick google search of this shows that Johnson is CONSIDERING having full capacity for the final in July, not for ALL games. I'm pissed off with the SG's approach to football/crowds so far but given our League Cup matches begin at the end of July, it's very possible we have full crowds then too, especially seen as most folk should be fully vaccinated. 

And again, I am well aware of the 'limitations' of this account, but it is quite clearly sourced to an article stating the following:

The Standard understands that European Championship matches at Wembley stadium are likely to be included in the study, meaning fans could enjoy games amid the roar of a full-sized crowd.

“I hope by June 21 we will be lighting up the West End again, having full stadiums and bringing light and Technicolor back into our national life again,” said the Cabinet minister.

So absolutely nothing misleading in this case, then. Thanks anyway.

I can't see anywhere near full crowds for the Euros - even at Wembley. Johnson will say whatever he thinks will keep him in favour. The fact that they seemed unwilling to publicise the local 'lockdowns' in Bolton etc. show that - he's doing his best not to have to backtrack on his restriction lifting/ normality statement. 

I'd love there to be full crowds in for games for the League Cup but think it's likely to still be a percentage of capacity allowed and home fans only for a wee bit longer than that. I don't agree with it but think that'll be the case. It obviously is off benefit to teams like Dunfermline where we have @3k season ticket holders, crowds of 4-45-.5k on a good day but a capacity of more than double that.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Krankie on at 12:15. This is either very good or very bad!

I reckon it'll be about Clackmannanshire. As it is such a small population the "per 100k" numbers fluctuate wildly. They've got an outbreak of ~75 cases in Tullibody that has meant their per 100k numbers went shooting up, past Glasgow. In Tullibody they've shut the schools. So...Clackmannanshire to Level 3, or the fact we're talking about small actual numbers having an effect?

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

Why?  I thought the briefings were back to a regular schedule now the election is over.

Sounds like more than just a briefing.

Potentially just a "yellow card" for those missing vaccine appointments?

20 hours ago, The Moonster said:

If we vaccinate 40K a day then we'll have the remaining 1.4m adults first jabbed in the next 35 days. No idea what numbers we're vaccinating just now but it shouldn't be too much longer than 4-6 weeks before every adult has some form of protection. 

The first jag daily average since the start of April is around 11k.  Unless there's a significant ramp-up in supply, I cant see it changing much.

14 minutes ago, Elixir said:

And again, I am well aware of the 'limitations' of this account, but it is quite clearly sourced to an article stating the following:

21st June, which is after two of Scotland's games and the day before the third. As it stands, the Wembley game will remain at 22,500.

8 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Well it claims it is likely in the headline, but the article says that's what ministers "hope" for, which is very different. The headline on your favoured twitter account also says "Euros matches at Wembley" when the reality is that "potentially SOME Euros matches at Wembley". There is the potential for full crowds in Scotland in July as well, but you took this headline as another opportunity to put the boot into the SG. 

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Sounds like more than just a briefing.

Potentially just a "yellow card" for those missing vaccine appointments?

I think (and hope) youre likely right Marshy, the big story is vaccines being missed, i hope the briefing is to show a new strategy to get them out and fired into people instead of a waggy finger angry mummy type affair. However that seems to have been the Scottish government approach thus far. I remain hopeful for a change and would welcome a bold (i mean its not that fucking bold to go and ask employers to identify 100+ In work force and send a couple nurses/paramedics/dentists out to get that pfizery goodness into those arms, means people can stay at work, disruption minimal and limited wastage) strategy. 

17 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Once you get your appointment email through and you can sign up to this site — https://vacs.nhs.scot/csp?id=csp_registration

Just keep checking throughout the day to see if you can change your appointment to a closer date, managed to get mines this week

#VacScenes 

The BBCs reporting on Glasgow as a host is a joke. They seemed determined every day to push the CD agenda rather than trying to put a positive slant on one of the few things people have to look forward too. Even when the CE of the SFA said yesterday that as far as they are concerned the games will go ahead with fans and they were not even planning for an alternative ie they were being positive the BBC take was...NO PLAN B !
The fan zones have sold out bar single seats in minutes this morning. Folk are gagging for this yet the BBC continues with its massive put down.

31 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Krankie on at 12:15. This is either very good or very bad!

You'd think she/they are smarter than us fitbaw forum numpties,  if levels are up and down and restrictions re- imposed theres simply not a chance they will be adhered to , they must know this and take it into account

19 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

21st June, which is after two of Scotland's games and the day before the third. As it stands, the Wembley game will remain at 22,500.

Hampden is scheduled to host matches on 22nd and 29th June. Zero excuses if the UK Government decides Wembley can have a greater percentage of people attending during this period.

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Well it claims it is likely in the headline, but the article says that's what ministers "hope" for, which is very different. The headline on your favoured twitter account also says "Euros matches at Wembley" when the reality is that "potentially SOME Euros matches at Wembley". There is the potential for full crowds in Scotland in July as well, but you took this headline as another opportunity to put the boot into the SG. 

What 'full crowds' will there be in Scotland in July? Those Betfred Cup group games sure used to be packed to the rafters pre-pandemic! It is quite clear what waffle has been spouted by Leitch and Scot Gov even come the season start proper in August.

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Elixir said:
If this happens, another absolute minter for the Scottish Government and Clownshoes Leitch. eMlO2Ay.png&key=00c6f9f73b1b46ef37879e584bc7ea15d4a87850ce6064f3f865f3a69200abcb

That was always the plan beyond the opening 4 matches which are at the same % as Hampden. The tickets for those are sold so won't be happening.

This sounds like a distinct change and that some of these earlier games could now be used as 'new trial events' for full capacity.

7 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

The BBCs reporting on Glasgow as a host is a joke. They seemed determined every day to push the CD agenda rather than trying to put a positive slant on one of the few things people have to look forward too. Even when the CE of the SFA said yesterday that as far as they are concerned the games will go ahead with fans and they were not even planning for an alternative ie they were being positive the BBC take was...NO PLAN B !
The fan zones have sold out bar single seats in minutes this morning. Folk are gagging for this yet the BBC continues with its massive put down.

Yet we're led to believe there is a lot of anxiety about things like this happening, like that very concerned local resident who will have thousands of people mixing practically just outside her front door!