Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

When I phoned I was about 400 in the queue. Took less than 10 minutes.

will need to tell her that She thought she would be on hold for hours so she put the phone down

My wife's she was told on the Friday her appointment was on the Tuesday and we left for a week away in Plockton the Saturday.
For me I'm interviewing for new staff members and for me to make my appointment means rescheduling interviews for 3 people.
If it comes down to it I'll get someone else to do the interviews but I'm just annoyed the system is shit. Or, if you think it's doable. I'll just go down in the afternoon... ill say you said it was fine.

If you can get in the same day you'll be fine.

58 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

So it's not only perfectly plausible that

"The vast bulk of hospitalisations are occurring in groups where full vaccinations has not yet been completed"

is true, it's also highly likely.

Thanks.

That’s why I posted it.  I’d go beyond plausible and highly likely to “virtually certain”

5 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

That’s why I posted it.  I’d go beyond plausible and highly likely to “virtually certain”

Sorry I wasn't sure which angle you were coming from.

I agree.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

So it's not only perfectly plausible that

"The vast bulk of hospitalisations are occurring in groups where full vaccinations has not yet been completed"

is true, it's also highly likely.

Thanks.

That doesn't tell you anything about vaccination. Large numbers of 20-40 year olds were in groups 1-9 and people without underlying conditions are very rarely hospitalised.

To quote a phrase we just don't know. The Scottish government do but they aren't giving much away.

36 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's genuinely infuriating how far behind we are

Scotland is like the Lovejoy Democrat States in America, and England is slowly looking more akin to Republican States.

33 minutes ago, Detournement said:

That doesn't tell you anything about vaccination. Large numbers of 20-40 year olds were in groups 1-9 and people without underlying conditions are very rarely hospitalised.

To quote a phrase we just don't know. The Scottish government do but they aren't giving much away.

Most (wise) people can look at a range of sources and draw the most likely conclusions from them. This is one such occasion.

If vaccine efficacy, rather than absence, was a driver, we'd see hospital admissions weighted towards the older population.

It's pretty obvious to me that hospital admissions are occuring mainly, as Oaksoft suggested, amongst those who are not fully vaccinated.

Screenshot_20210524-212153_Opera.jpg

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Theres just so much more we could do to stop wasteage. End of the day, 70 doses left? Have a section on the app whereby an alert gets sent out notifying people of extra doses and allowing booking for the first 70 people who can attend in the next hour, that even avoids queuing outside venues. All doable. But no, get them in the bin. Want to get young people done, do vaccinations in the college and university assembly halls. Take a fucking bus to large scale employers, set up in the yarrows canteen, get a bit of fucking initiative about it. 

My GP does that - they set a reserve list and anyone, any age, can go if they get contacted. Only catch is you need to be available at short notice on a Saturday afternoon. 

I was feeling quite good about progress here as I got my first vaccination and didn't even need to be on the reserve list - I just got a slot. I'm 31 so assumed we were rattling through. Today I see that we're the worst affected area in South East England (45 per 100k so not a disaster) but also that we're on 51% for first doses. I guess there are a lot of students here but I thought given I'd been vaccinated that perhaps we'd be at c60-65%. That was a bit disappointing to see. 

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

My GP does that - they set a reserve list and anyone, any age, can go if they get contacted. Only catch is you need to be available at short notice on a Saturday afternoon. 

I was feeling quite good about progress here as I got my first vaccination and didn't even need to be on the reserve list - I just got a slot. I'm 31 so assumed we were rattling through. Today I see that we're the worst affected area in South East England (45 per 100k so not a disaster) but also that we're on 51% for first doses. I guess there are a lot of students here but I thought given I'd been vaccinated that perhaps we'd be at c60-65%. That was a bit disappointing to see. 

Yes! A lot of GP practices have grabbed the initiative with it, it just seems like such an easy goal for the bigger centres to do it, easy PR win too! 

3 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Errr...

Another win for fantastic 'public health' messaging! High fives all round, guys - another incentive for younger people to get it!

Meanwhile, back in the real world, absolutely nobody will be abiding by such nonsense, save a handful of Lovejoy weirdos.

"Get vaccinated to get us back to normality!" 

"Hey, you were near an infected person! 10 days isolation!" 

"But the vaccines are effective... " 

"10 days isolation. Tough." 

"What was the point in gettingg vaccinated?

"... Erm we just don't know... 10 days isolation... ". 

This is a legit source.

220px-Luc_Montagnier-press_conference_De

Luc Antoine Montagnier (US: /ˌmɒntənˈjeɪ, ˌmoʊntɑːnˈjeɪ/;[2] US: /mənˈ-/,[3] French: [mɔ̃taɲe]; born 18 August 1932) is a French virologist and joint recipient, with Françoise Barré-Sinoussi and Harald zur Hausen, of the 2008 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for his discovery of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).[4] He has worked as a researcher at the Pasteur Institute in Paris and as a full-time professor at Shanghai Jiao Tong University in China.[5]

The 2008 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine was awarded to Montagnier and Françoise Barré-Sinoussi for the discovery of HIV.[17] They shared the Prize with Harald zur Hausen, who discovered that human papilloma viruses can cause cervical cancer.[12][18] Montagnier said he was "surprised" that Robert Gallo was not also recognized by the Nobel Committee: "It was important to prove that HIV was the cause of AIDS, and Gallo had a very important role in that. I'm very sorry for Robert Gallo."[12] According to Maria Masucci, a member of the Nobel Assembly, "there was no doubt as to who made the fundamental discoveries."[17]

Montagnier is the co-founder of the World Foundation for AIDS Research and Prevention and co-directs the Program for International Viral Collaboration. He is the founder and a former president of the Houston-based World Foundation for Medical Research and Prevention. He has received more than 20 major awards, including the National Order of Merit (Commander, 1986) and the Légion d'honneur (Knight: 1984; Officer: 1990; Commander: 1993; Grand Officer: 2009),[19][20] He is a recipient of the Lasker Award and the Scheele Award (1986), the Louis-Jeantet Prize for medicine (1986), the Gairdner Award (1987), the Golden Plate Award of the American Academy of Achievement (1987),[21] King Faisal International Prize (1993) (known as the Arab Nobel Prize), and the Prince of Asturias Award (2000). He is also a member of the Académie Nationale de Médecine.[22]

Montagnier was awarded the honorary Doctor of Humane Letters (L.H.D.) from Whittier College in 2010.[23]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luc_Montagnier

Edited by steve55

Both my jabs have been in and out in the bare minimum time possible. Can’t believe people have had to wait around.
I had to queue for about 10 minutes for my first one, but the second one this morning was pretty much in and out, I think i waited about 2 minutes.