Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yes. People on here were saying all through this that the approach is wrong, yet accused of being ‘tory yoons’ etc for having the audacity to criticise the Scottish Government. Think of all the vaccines wasted. We are now at such a critical phase yet the number isnt ramping up, disgraceful. 

Have there been figures published on the percentage of vaccines wasted?  I think there was a planning figure of around 5% when the original plan was published.

54 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The difference is you've added context. Context which removes the "the vaccines aren't enough" fear.

The lack of context in many, if not all, of the released figures since last March has been absolutely staggering.

How has he added context when he has no data?

There were double vaccinated, single vaccinated and unvaccinated in hospital in England when extra context was provided. 

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Have there been figures published on the percentage of vaccines wasted?  I think there was a planning figure of around 5% when the original plan was published.

Nah theres no chance theyre going to publically admit the level of waste. Vaccination centre in Castlemilk the other week was running on a 30% no show rate too. But they were told to bin the vaccines. Fucking ridiculous. See if they could get word out on social media etc they’d get those in arms. 

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Nah theres no chance theyre going to publically admit the level of waste. Vaccination centre in Castlemilk the other week was running on a 30% no show rate too. But they were told to bin the vaccines. Fucking ridiculous. See if they could get word out on social media etc they’d get those in arms. 

About time a journalist requested these figures via FoI.  I won’t hold my breath though.

I think we can safely say if the wastage was less than or equal to the target would know about it. Probably trying to find a way to blame it on those toarrrrrriiiiiaaaassss.

17 minutes ago, Detournement said:

How has he added context when he has no data?

There were double vaccinated, single vaccinated and unvaccinated in hospital in England when extra context was provided. 

You read his post, therefore you read the context

Theres just so much more we could do to stop wasteage. End of the day, 70 doses left? Have a section on the app whereby an alert gets sent out notifying people of extra doses and allowing booking for the first 70 people who can attend in the next hour, that even avoids queuing outside venues. All doable. But no, get them in the bin. Want to get young people done, do vaccinations in the college and university assembly halls. Take a fucking bus to large scale employers, set up in the yarrows canteen, get a bit of fucking initiative about it. 

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

You read his post, therefore you read the context

Context has to have some sort of factual basis. Not just Cope from a desperado on a football forum. 

It would be good to have data on vaccination status but more importantly are they being treated for symptoms or did they trigger a PCR test without symptoms. It would also be good to know how many people caught it in an NHS facility. 

Edited by Detournement

The vast bulk of hospitalisations are occurring in groups where full vaccinations has not yet been completed.
The vulnerable groups are relatively unaffected.
There's less than 100 people in hospital, just 5 people in ICU and almost no daily deaths being reported and this has been the case for quite some time now.
Am I missing something here? Where's the concern?

The concern is the Scottish government shite the bed and roll back on everything to appease the lovejoys

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Context has to have some sort of factual basis. Not just Cope from a desperado on a football forum. 

It would be good to have data on vaccination status but more importantly are they being treated for symptoms or did they trigger a PCR test without symptoms. It would also be good to know how many people caught it in an NHS facility. 

I assume you have some sort of factual basis to show that

"The vast bulk of hospitalisations are occurring in groups where full vaccinations has not yet been completed"

isn't true?

The forum tinfoil hat model talking about anything requiring "factual basis" is fantastic all the same.

The distancing at Rugby Park is ridiculous.
I really do not understand the 500 limit in an 18,000 seater stadium. I understand even less why they cannot at least have 500 in each stand.
Its quite literally because of Jason Leitchs ego

10 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I assume you have some sort of factual basis to show that

"The vast bulk of hospitalisations are occurring in groups where full vaccinations has not yet been completed"

isn't true?

The forum tinfoil hat model talking about anything requiring "factual basis" is fantastic all the same.

Travelling Tabby shows that in the past 7 days, there have been the following hospital admissions: 

0-4.     2

5 -14    3

15 - 19.  0

20-24.   1

25-44.   28

45-64.   24

64-74.   7

75-84.   2

85+.    0

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
I really do not understand the 500 limit in an 18,000 seater stadium. I understand even less why they cannot at least have 500 in each stand.

Its quite literally because of Jason Leitchs ego

He’s too busy with his media appearances to pick up the phone.

6 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Travelling Tabby shows that in the past 7 days, there have been the following hospital admissions: 

0-4.     2

5 -14    3

15 - 19.  0

20-24.   1

25-44.   28

45-64.   24

64-74.   7

75-84.   2

85+.    0

So it's not only perfectly plausible that

is true, it's also highly likely.

Thanks.

16 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

They had wee painted circles on the terracing at Brechin yesterday. You were supposed to stand on one and not move. Everyone ignored them completely.  Despite the result it was brilliant to be at the match and it was almost normal.

1 hour ago, realmadrid said:

This is what a fan zone should look like , not 3000 people all spaced out in a massive park in Glasgow.

skwftbfdavp7umm6ymc9.jpg

To put it in context when this picture was taken there was a game in the stadium with another 80000 at it (Russia v Spain round of 16)

Where would you propose holding that in the vicinity of Hampden?