Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Weekly Cases Update:   Thought I would do a weekly cases update on a Monday from now on.  Based on changes in last 7 days available.  Uk also done.

So Scotland overall up 26% against the UK down 5.46%.    A real mixed bag of authority movement below.  Aberdeen stands out an absolute mile due to it's size.

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 15th May to 21st May  were 1903 now 2398 up 26.01%.  Positivity was 1.5% now 1.8%.   Cases per 100k were 34.8 now 43.9

Home Nations Daily update:  UK Average  23.8 to 22.5 down 5.46%, England 23.6 to 21.3 down 9.75%,  Wales  10.0 to 9.4 down 6.00%, Northern Ireland 34.7 to 32.4 down  6.63%

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Naughty Level 3 Councils

Clackmannanshire   31.0 to 139.7   Up 350.65%

Glasgow City   100.3 to 136.8   Up 36.39%    

East Renfrewshire   86.9 to 113.1 Up 30.15%

Midlothian  55.2 to 81.1 Up 46.92%

Renfrewshire 26.2 to 64.8  Up 147.33%

East Dunbartonshire   46.0 to 63.5  Up 38.04%

Under 50 Level 2 Criteria Club

South Lanarkshire  47.1 to 47.7 

North Ayrshire  28.2 to 43.8  Up 55.32%

Stirling  27.6 to 39.3  Up 42.39%

City Of Edinburgh  26.9 to 37.1  Up 37.92%

North Lanarkshire  34.0 to 36.9

Fife  35.9 to 32.9

Dundee City   15.4 to 31.5  Up 104.55%

East Ayrshire   21.3 to 29.5

Falkirk  24.2 to 28.0 

East Lothian   7.5 to 25.2

Perth & Kinross   31.6 to 23.0 

The Should be in Level 1  Club Sub 20.0image.jpeg.2ac60f85799d1453b2fa133e8de973d3.jpeg

West Lothian  25.7 to 19.7

Angus  9.5 to 18.1

West Dunbartonshire   10.1 to 15.7

Aberdeenshire  14.9 to 14.9

Moray 59.5 to 14.6  Down 75.46%

South Ayrshire   20.4 to 13.3

Argyll & Bute   1.2 to 11.6     

Aberdeen City  17.1 to 9.2  Down 46.20%

Scottish  Borders   4.3 to 6.9

Shetland Islands  0.0 to 4.4  

Inverclyde 15.4 to 3.9 

Western Isles  7.5 to 3.7

Highlands  7.2 to 3.4

Dumfries & Galloway  4.0 to 2.0  

Orkney Island  9.0 to 0.0 

29 minutes ago, Snafu said:

A few papers are saying that half the people booked for vaccinations at the Hydro during the weekend failed to turn up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-57228041

Majority of these people are simply ignorant.  You don't want jagged at least cancel your appt. 

28 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

It's started

I'm the opposite of the NIMBY's, I'm very much an IMBY (oi oi!) when it comes to the fan zone, bring it on!

Edited by Big Fifer

Anyone else struggling to reschedule an appointment? I can't make mine but nowhere in Tayside has appointments despite me checking all of May, June and July.

Wife is in same boat and has been checking every day for 2 weeks for slots to open up.

Thinking about just heading down at 5pm one day and begging for leftovers 

Hospitalisations still nowhere near crisis point but still a fair rise recently. Test positivity up a good chunk as well. 

Are we doing more testing per head than the rest of the UK or what? England have less restrictions on the go, especially at big events and still have half the case numbers per 100k and falling. Very strange. 

Hopefully this is just the inevitable result of more people mixing.

If hopsitalisation/ICU is manageable then just fire on.

Am I correct in thinking that if there is a huge uptick in cases requiring serious intervention it should be evident in Glasgow about now?

Bothered reading back a page now 🙁

Edited by invergowrie arab

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

Hospitalisations still nowhere near crisis point but still a fair rise recently. Test positivity up a good chunk as well. 

Are we doing more testing per head than the rest of the UK or what? England have less restrictions on the go, especially at big events and still have half the case numbers per 100k and falling. Very strange. 

Much fewer tests per head in Scotland based on this - https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/testing

A lot of the English tests are this lateral flow ones, though. I don't think Scotland reports these, so might be hard to say. 

3 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Positivity is always a bit higher on the Monday, and there seems to be a bit of a data issue today too.

Be good to get more specific data on the hospitalisations though. 

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

Much fewer tests per head in Scotland based on this - https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/testing

A lot of the English tests are this lateral flow ones, though. I don't think Scotland reports these, so might be hard to say. 

Again, seems a bit weird. Wonder if there is any reason for the numbers looking worse relative to the rest of the UK then.

Anyone else struggling to reschedule an appointment? I can't make mine but nowhere in Tayside has appointments despite me checking all of May, June and July.
Wife is in same boat and has been checking every day for 2 weeks for slots to open up.
I had to reschedule my 1st jag due to work.

I couldn't find any appointments online but I then phoned the number on the letter and got my appointment changed there and then.

4 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Again, seems a bit weird. Wonder if there is any reason for the numbers looking worse relative to the rest of the UK then.

To be fair, an outbreak such as that of the Glasgow nature in Scotland will always look worse than an outbreak of similar scale in England. Bolton is in a worse place in terms of case numbers but is buried in the stats of a country of 55m versus 5.5m.

14 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I checked 2-3 times a day for 5 days before a single slot opened up.

We’re in Fife and likewise my wife struggled to find an alternative appointment. Sorted by a 2 minute phone call to health board contact number.