Coronavirus (COVID-19)

This chat on social media of Glasgow going back to level 4 gives me the fear. Surely not? 
The cases per 100k is near the limit so getting the click bait headlines going from Glasgow Live but all the mood music has been going the other way if anything because, shock, case rates alone mean f**k all.

15 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

That would be a fucking disgrace. Would like to see them try and stop the thousands of Scotland fans from Glasgow travelling down to London for the Euro's. 

I'm expecting MIdlothian going into Tier 3 this Friday with the number of cases rising. . 

Do not get why theres any desire to go to london without match tickets to sit in a socialy distant pub paying £5 + for a pint . or congregate outside and not see the game. 

I had my jab last week, was the oldest in the very large room by about 20 years. Waited less than 5 minutes in about each of three queues and was injected with microchips by a very friendly young lady who seemed to know exactly what she was doing. 

The venue was a bit shabby, but of historical interest (hosted a Calzaghe fight in 1996).

Would recommend to friends. 

7/10

3 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Do not get why theres any desire to go to london without match tickets to sit in a socialy distant pub paying £5 + for a pint . or congregate outside and not see the game. 

I booked immediately after full time when we got past Serbia and assumed we’d have been out of this situation by now. If I hadn’t booked I’d probably have no interested in going down but might as well make a trip of it. Good chance to catch up with some mates down that way too. 

42 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I'm here now. If you can, change it to as early as possible in the morning.

You might make it out for lunch.

It's reasonably early (850ish) so I'm hoping that will be okay.

Ravenscraig has been similar recently by all accounts. Only likely to stay that way given the amount of folk who’ve had their appointment letter over the last week or so.
It was mental last week when I was up, if you were waiting on AZ that is.

Us Pfizer champs were ushered straight to the express lane and in and out in 20 mins including 15 waiting after it.

313* new cases of COVID-19 reported

12,177* new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

2.8% of these were positive

0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)

5 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19  (was 4 on Friday)

94 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (was 81 on Friday)

3,121,945 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 1,852,179 have received their second dose

Hospital numbers up and positivity rate higher than for some time.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

• 313* new cases of COVID-19 reported
  • 12,177* new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    • 2.8% of these were positive
  • 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)
  • 5 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 94 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 3,121,945 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 1,852,179 have received their second dose

Image result for cigar stubbed out

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

This was a predicable problem in cities with students and a younger population who are often in rented places, not to mention those who haven't changed details or don't want authorities recording them. There has to be a better system than just the blue letter. 

2 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

This was a predicable problem in cities with students and a younger population who are often in rented places, not to mention those who haven't changed details or don't want authorities recording them. There has to be a better system than just the blue letter. 

My GP said they're texting folk as well as sending out letters.  You'd think everywhere would do that. Mobile number permitting of course.