Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
Of course. Its what everyone is/has been calling for to drive restrictions. Is it a move though? Is that the policy now? 

No idea, no parameters given at all, a rise of how many would be a trigger will be key.

At that point, we as the public are totally blind to anything except numbers. Id like to hope that severe scrutiny would be placed on why people were into ICU. Certainly much more scrutiny than "positive covid test within 28 days" type nonsense. This might represent the tide turning towards more common sense, less risk aversion and ultimately, an approaching overdue return to proper  (not "some kind of" or "something a bit closer to") normality. We can but hope. 

The indian variant was met with huge hysteria here, but ultimately whats been left in its wake is, the vaccines work on all known variants with little reason to suspect anything different is coming down the pipe, and a bit of a face saving "make sure you get your second dose" message. A lot of the Lovejoy types have been pretty effectively disarmed this week and we can maybe be cautiously optimistic that this includes the ones in Scotgov who were undoubtedly choking for Boris Johnson to have to roll back on his dates.

At that point, we as the public are totally blind to anything except numbers. Id like to hope that severe scrutiny would be placed on why people were into ICU. Certainly much more scrutiny than "positive covid test within 28 days" type nonsense. This might represent the tide turning towards more common sense, less risk aversion and ultimately, an approaching overdue return to proper  (not "some kind of" or "something a bit closer to") normality. We can but hope. 

The indian variant was met with huge hysteria here, but ultimately whats been left in its wake is, the vaccines work on all known variants with little reason to suspect anything different is coming down the pipe, and a bit of a face saving "make sure you get your second dose" message. A lot of the Lovejoy types have been pretty effectively disarmed this week and we can maybe be cautiously optimistic that this includes the ones in Scotgov who were undoubtedly choking for Boris Johnson to have to roll back on his dates.
Absolutely at possibly the fact a govt minister has acknowledged a different measurement is a positive.

From a purely personal perspective get Glasgow down this Friday as we have a day / night out in Glasgow next Monday for the bank holiday with an overnight stay booked. If still L3 we are transferring to Perth.

About time tbh. Friday's figures had 4 people in Scotland in ICU and 81 in hospital* after "recently testing positive for Covid-19". We've long since passed the primary reason for lockdown being to prevent the NHS being overwhelmed.

*It's also time that there is more honesty about whether Covid-19 is the thing that has put them in hospital or ICU, or they are there because of other conditions and the positive test came later.

7 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

That's pretty good news. 

It is for sure, just surprising and pretty out of left field popping into the news on a Sunday. Hopefully the people and business owners of Glasgow get some good news soon. 

Just hope it represents a shift in policy, rather than just being applied to Glasgow as part of a backtrack then the next kick up in cases sees another area get the level 3 treatment. Fingers crossed

31 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Likewise the example of the family gathering. Simply by attending those there felt it safe enough to do so therefore it stands to reason they will all be in favour of getting on with life so it's totally skewed. Taking that as a cross section of public opinion is a classic confirmation bias scenario.

I think the media and opinion pollers are having to work harder to get the answer that suits their stance if it's "public still support ongoing measures" but just like the examples in here, find it they will.

Agree with the sentiment about confirmation bias, but in my example it’s 30 people of very mixed age groups and vulnerability levels and literally all invited showed up and were of the opinion that we should be back to normal. That may not be representative of the rest of the population, but it simply cannot be as skewed as the polls make it out to be with significant majority terrified and wanting restrictions kept/increased.

25 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Agree with the sentiment about confirmation bias, but in my example it’s 30 people of very mixed age groups and vulnerability levels and literally all invited showed up and were of the opinion that we should be back to normal. That may not be representative of the rest of the population, but it simply cannot be as skewed as the polls make it out to be with significant majority terrified and wanting restrictions kept/increased.

Polling questions being sent exclusively to people who have slid into Devi's DM's IMO.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Was at my Niece’s birthday party yesterday, about 25 adults, ages ranging from 20s to 70s, and from speaking to most of them throughout the day I just do not understand where the media/public opinion poll creators are finding these people that are still terrified and want restrictions to stay. Almost universally everyone was of the mindset that we should be back to complete normality now, evidenced I suppose by attending a big gathering of 30 people without a care.

I dont even know what the rules are these days . I'm guessing that's parties allowed now ?  

Watched the young lad play football today before work and it's only meant to be 1 person per household allowed near the pitch. Of course everyone brings there whole family and does the opposite. 

People have not gave a f**k for a long time. 

6 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

I dont even know what the rules are these days . I'm guessing that's parties allowed now ?  

Watched the young lad play football today before work and it's only meant to be 1 person per household allowed near the pitch. Of course everyone brings there whole family and does the opposite. 

People have not gave a f**k for a long time. 

No it’s a laughable one other household with no more than 4 people allowed inside currently. Luckily almost nobody gives a shit anymore.

4 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

@8MileBU thinks this is bad news if would appear. Can only assume he is enjoying ongoing restrictions which is an opinion he's entitled to I suppose.

The cowardly @Marshmallo talking pish and hiding behind “the list” again?  Fucking oddball man.

08DB9C7F-3103-49BF-AD4A-42ACBDD8BC9C.jpeg

C4C9FBB1-A93C-4035-9169-E83999BB1B65.gif

Edited by 8MileBU

42 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

No it’s a laughable one other household with no more than 4 people allowed inside currently. Luckily almost nobody gives a shit anymore.

More or less nobody has gave a shit for a long time. I get my vaccine next Saturday. Yay. Is about as much as I feel about it. Still zero cases in my work since December. Which is impressive 

Hee haw to do with Covid but f**k this weather man ! End of May on the Ayrshire coast 8c, pishing down and blowing a hoolie. Pathetic.

ETA 6c now, more like February !!!
I can't think of a decent day since the beer gardens opened. I've been freezing after an hour every single time.

I can't think of a decent day since the beer gardens opened. I've been freezing after an hour every single time.
Freezing? Was out walking yesterday and today at 8am with nothing over my t-shirt. I'm a fat alky though, but it's not that cold surely.

2 minutes ago, Markka said:
4 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Freezing? Was out walking yesterday and today at 8am with nothing over my t-shirt. I'm a fat alky though, but it's not that cold surely.

I'm not going out for pints at 8am brother. 

Daily Cases Update:  Sorry missed yesterday as in the Pub all day.  48 hours another 8.72% rise.   Positivity up again.

I realise most people hate case numbers on here, but it is pretty shite to have Scotland at double the rate of England and nearly 5 times the levels of the Welsh.

Seems to be pretty much spreading through Glasgow now so very much doubt any reduction soon. All surrounding councils on the rise.  

As Glasgow actually approaches level 4 numbers it was pretty clear different "targets" needed to be mentioned. Imagine the outcry if you were locked down again with no one in ICU.

How anyone in Tullibody has not had it now is a mystery.

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 14th May to 20th May  were 2134 now 2320 up 8.72%.  Positivity was 1.6% now 1.7%.   Cases per 100k were 39.1 now 42.5

Home Nations Daily update:  UK Average  22.0 to 22.5 up 2.27%, England 21.0 to 21.3 up 1.43%,  Wales 9.7 to 9.4 down 3.09%, Northern Ireland 33.2 to 32.4 down 2.41%

European (Above 2 Million Population) : Sweden 247 to 264, Netherlands  201 to 182, only major countries above 150. 

Sun worshiper areas currently are Malta 5 to 4 (How is this not on Green list ?), Portugal 27 to 28,  Bulgaria 52 to 41, Spain 72 to 71, Italy 73 to 65, Turkey 92 to 92, Greece 133 to 128  France 146 to 114, Cyprus 174 to 135   

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Naughty Level 3 Councils

Glasgow City   122.6 to 133.3    Positivity 4.2%  Now pretty much city wide.

Clackmannanshire   85.4 to 126.1 

East Renfrewshire    116.2 to 116.2 

Midlothian   59.5 to 68.1  

Renfrewshire  40.2 to 57.0  Up 40% in 2 days

East Dunbartonshire  53.4  to 54.3 

Under 50 Level 2 Criteria Club

South Lanarkshire   43.4 to 46.8

Stirling   32.9 to 44.6  Up 35% in 2 days

North Ayrshire   34.9 to 43.8 Up 44% in 3 days

North Lanarkshire    33.7 to 36.3 

City Of Edinburgh   32.4 to 34.7  

Fife  36.1 to 32.4

Falkirk  26.1 to 32.3 

Perth & Kinross   29.0 to 26.3

Dundee City    16.1 to 25.4 Up 57% in 2 days.

East Ayrshire   21.3 to 23.8  

East Lothian    20.5 to 22.4  

Moray  34.4 to 20.9  Almost down to Cigars

The Should be in Level 1  Club Sub 20.0image.jpeg.2ac60f85799d1453b2fa133e8de973d3.jpeg

West Lothian 25.7 to 19.1

Angus  18.1 to 18.9 

Aberdeenshire   16.1 to 16.1

West Dunbartonshire 7.9 to 13.5

Argyll & Bute   7.0 to 12.8   

South Ayrshire   8.0 to 11.5 

Aberdeen City    10.5 to 10.9 

Scottish  Borders   7.8 to 6.1

Shetland Islands  4.4 to 4.4 

Inverclyde   2.6 to 3.9

Western Isles  11.2 to 3.7 

Dumfries & Galloway  2.0 to 3.4