Coronavirus (COVID-19)

15 hours ago, The Naitch said:

BuT wE JuSt DoN't KnOw.

It does make a mockery of things when other home nations are allowing crowds when the case rates per 100k are broadly similar.

Obviously the other administrations/governments don't really care enough...

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aye but it’s unhelpful to frame the debate as Asda being judged to be safe and football isn’t. 

It’s just that supermarkets are a risk that need to be taken, while football isn’t. If anything SG could argue that the fact we have no choice but for people to be able to mix in supermarkets means it’s more important to be cautious elsewhere. 

That being said, an empty hampden yesterday was still pathetic. 

There were restrictions placed on supermarkets during the first lockdown that bizarrely weren't applied in December and January when the pandemic peaked here and supermarkets were mobbed.

When you look at the free reign that supermarkets had in the run up to Christmas and compare it to the conditions now being placed on football it's absurd. The Scottish government love to punch down but are terrified of trampling on the toes of any major corporations.

The total number of people allowed in places also just seems to involve taking the total square metres of the business and halving it. 

Obviously the other administrations/governments don't really care enough...

Not this again
It’s nothing to do with caring, the daily express are now running daily sturgeon/SNPBAD stories others jump on the bandwagon scraping the bottom of the barrel for contet
They want to protect their covid figures so that they can’t be used against them by hostile media . If the mainstream media was hammering them for being to slow and draconian ( likw we have on here) then they would be behaving more like johnson and co have in England or some states in the usa.
Nothing to do with caring, they haven’t handled the pandemic well (very few have) their number one strength has been appearing to do a better more competent job than England, which saw their approval ratings sky rocket in the early part of the pandemic . They’re terrified to lose that. End of

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

The alternative view is that they care more and realise what restrictions are doing to people,

No, they're unfeeling capitalist b*****ds, putting profits and backhanders before their elecorate's safety, imho

1 minute ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Not this again
It’s nothing to do with caring, the daily express are now running daily sturgeon/SNPBAD stories others jump on the bandwagon scraping the bottom of the barrel for contet
They want to protect their covid figures so that they can’t be used against them by hostile media . If the mainstream media was hammering them for being to slow and draconian ( likw we have on here) then they would be behaving more like johnson and co have in England or some states in the usa.
Nothing to do with caring, they haven’t handled the pandemic well (very few have) their number one strength has been appearing to do a better more competent job than England, which saw their approval ratings sky rocket in the early part of the pandemic . They’re terrified to lose that. End of

See the source image

38 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

No, they're unfeeling capitalist b*****ds, putting profits and backhanders before their elecorate's safety, imho

I thought you were being sarcastic with the first comment, but if not and the above is serious then fucking hell.

Was at my Niece’s birthday party yesterday, about 25 adults, ages ranging from 20s to 70s, and from speaking to most of them throughout the day I just do not understand where the media/public opinion poll creators are finding these people that are still terrified and want restrictions to stay. Almost universally everyone was of the mindset that we should be back to complete normality now, evidenced I suppose by attending a big gathering of 30 people without a care.

Was at my Niece’s birthday party yesterday, about 25 adults, ages ranging from 20s to 70s, and from speaking to most of them throughout the day I just do not understand where the media/public opinion poll creators are finding these people that are still terrified and want restrictions to stay. Almost universally everyone was of the mindset that we should be back to complete normality now, evidenced I suppose by attending a big gathering of 30 people without a care.
Similarly I was best man at my pals wedding yesterday. 30 folk without a f**k given to these restrictions, only difference was the venue kicked us out at 10.30. All back the apartments and suites to carry on, felt brilliant to be with people again.

12 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

A few pubs in my local town last night were ignoring all restrictions. 

24 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

There was a guy who didn’t come out with our group last night as he didn’t feel comfortable.  He was seen as a high risk and spent the 1st lockdown shielding where he always made sure he was in a room alone,  the rest of his family worked around that.  He’s had his 2 vaccines now so should be fine and that’s the messaging he needs to be recieving to allow him to enjoy his life.  

But I guess when your in that position and your left with the highest rank health officials and every scaremongering w****r who claims to be a journalist telling people to fear variants instead of how fucking fantastic the vaccines are at smashing covid then you can see how in his position he’s taking that choice.

I think it’s also worth baring in mind those that are locking themselves inside have far more time to answer these studies than those of us that are out and getting on with it.

5 hours ago, Elixir said:

Deek this thread and some of the replies. eMlO2Ay.png

Some people are going to be broken for years, possibly permanently.

We went to a restaurant that we heard had good social distancing when I got a promotion. We get inside and I'm horrified because I'm looking around and these people don't have on masks and I'm thinking, "What's wrong with these people?" The servers had masks on, so we didn't take ours off. We will keep going out to eat but eat outdoors or order takeout only.

they're going to be waiting a while if they want people to take in food via osmosis

4 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I was shielding and high risk but this last week I've been all over Scotland with my kids visiting family and friends we haven't seen for months. It's my wee girls birthday next weekend and I'm having family round and her wee pals to celebrate. If any of my neighbours philpy me, they can f**k off.

Delighted for you obviously, but given I was meant to get my jag today and I'm having to self isolate, as well as being in Scotland's COVID capital, I'm fucking seething tbqhwy

There was a guy who didn’t come out with our group last night as he didn’t feel comfortable.  He was seen as a high risk and spent the 1st lockdown shielding where he always made sure he was in a room alone,  the rest of his family worked around that.  He’s had his 2 vaccines now so should be fine and that’s the messaging he needs to be recieving to allow him to enjoy his life.  

But I guess when your in that position and your left with the highest rank health officials and every scaremongering w****r who claims to be a journalist telling people to fear variants instead of how fucking fantastic the vaccines are at smashing covid then you can see how in his position he’s taking that choice.

I think it’s also worth baring in mind those that are locking themselves inside have far more time to answer these studies than those of us that are out and getting on with it.

Fair points. Also we need to be aware of confirmation bias in garnering opinion. We as football fans (I assume that's the one thing that unites everyone on here) want to get back to supporting our teams and hence to do that we want restrictions removed to allow that so that's the general consensus amongst the majority in here. Likewise the example of the family gathering. Simply by attending those there felt it safe enough to do so therefore it stands to reason they will all be in favour of getting on with life so it's totally skewed. Taking that as a cross section of public opinion is a classic confirmation bias scenario.

I think the media and opinion pollers are having to work harder to get the answer that suits their stance if it's "public still support ongoing measures" but just like the examples in here, find it they will.

Personally I have been inviting folk over for a good while now. Before they said household gatherings were ok some came but some didn't feel it right or comfortable enough to do so. That's life, up to them basically.

Support for restrictions must be waining but there will still be plenty still behind them. Whether that is still a majority is up for major debate.

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Isn't that a move in a good direction ?

Of course. Its what everyone is/has been calling for to drive restrictions. Is it a move though? Is that the policy now?