Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Complete with (but not limited to) no one way systems, no way to ensure distancing, many, many common touch points such as doors, escaltors, lifts, shared facilities like toilets, food courts, stalls etc. Not to mention often indoor/covered car parks...

All things that have bizarrely been cited as needing a solution specifically when it comes to football

A shopping centre is, demonstrably worse.

This really needs to be fired at them by MSM and insist on an answer and no waffle.

Sturgeon has hinted that Glasgow may remain in L3 for another 1 or 2 weeks but insists the Euros are safe - Is she now Clairvoyant as well?  How can she be sure?

Because they're at it.
Speaking of lunacy my son is playing at Broadwood today, parents banned from inside a big stadium, security guards moving folk on if you have the temerity to try and look in the ground.
Madness it really is.

Yet down the road from me at letham seven acres I drove past a youth game being played with dozens of parents watching the match with no one giving a shit.

9 hours ago, ulysses said:

We currently have our honeymoon in Mexico scheduled for 5th of July. Do you guys reckon it’ll go ahead? We’ll have no problem self-isolating on return due to working from home/holidays.

Just haven’t been following the latest info that closely due to some pretty serious personal matters, so wondering what the tuned in think.

So you’ll have 1 maybe 2 more Green list reviews. I am only guessing but based on the predicitions of some travel writers on twitter I think it’s highly unlikely Mexico will be Green for that date. I think you’ll get travel to America round about then maybe a week after, but I can’t see Mexico (hope im wrong). 
Your travel agent may offer an alternative? Good chance the likes of St Lucia etc goes green.  

This really needs to be fired at them by MSM and insist on an answer and no waffle.
Sturgeon has hinted that Glasgow may remain in L3 for another 1 or 2 weeks but insists the Euros are safe - Is she now Clairvoyant as well?  How can she be sure?
Because they know exactly when it will be lifted 4th but more likely 11th June, just in time. A blind man can see where this is heading.

That's Germany banned UK citizens from entering the country according to a BBC headline although I'm not sure we were allowed to enter before Sunday when what looks like an extension has been applied.

Citing the UKs circulating variants as the reason.

41 minutes ago, Elric said:

That’s the thing that also riles me; the slavering journalists on those daily briefings are equally as guilty for loving the sound of their own voices and droning on to the point you forget they actually are asking a question. A blind man can see that supermarkets are rammed to the point they’ve basically enjoyed “Christmas week” trade for the past 15 months, yet across the road sports venues lie closed and are deemed as being a danger to life. Where is the clear science that a football ground is more lethal than Sainsburys?

As was mentioned by someone here last month, if Serbia hadn’t missed their penalties, it’s fair to assume we would not be hosting football matches at Hampden next month, based on lunatics whispering into the ears of Nicola and co. 

36 minutes ago, deegee said:

That’s the thing that also riles me; the slavering journalists on those daily briefings are equally as guilty for loving the sound of their own voices and droning on to the point you forget they actually are asking a question. A blind man can see that supermarkets are rammed to the point they’ve basically enjoyed “Christmas week” trade for the past 15 months, yet across the road sports venues lie closed and are deemed as being a danger to life. Where is the clear science that a football ground is more lethal than Sainsburys?

As was mentioned by someone here last month, if Serbia hadn’t missed their penalties, it’s fair to assume we would not be hosting football matches at Hampden next month, based on lunatics whispering into the ears of Nicola and co. 

It’s fair to assume something that didn’t happen would have lead to something that hasn’t?

I’m going to a wedding in a few weeks, and last night was told that one of my in-laws had a meltdown during the week claiming that he’s not going due to the risk of Covid and actually going as far as angrily ranting that we shouldn’t be allowed to have weddings at the moment due to the risk. He’s healthy, mid 20s and has had first dose of the vaccine.

Not my family so held back from utterly losing the plot and having a seething heads gone at someone being such a moronic wet wipe, but genuinely furious at it. I have slight sympathy for these people who’ve been brainwashed by governments and media over the last 15 months that regardless of how healthy and young you are you’ll die if you leave the house, but any idiot should know by now that the risk is absolutely minute.

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’m going to a wedding in a few weeks, and last night was told that one of my in-laws had a meltdown during the week claiming that he’s not going due to the risk of Covid and actually going as far as angrily ranting that we shouldn’t be allowed to have weddings at the moment due to the risk. He’s healthy, mid 20s and has had first dose of the vaccine.

Not my family so held back from utterly losing the plot and having a seething heads gone at someone being such a moronic wet wipe, but genuinely furious at it. I have slight sympathy for these people who’ve been brainwashed by governments and media over the last 15 months that regardless of how healthy and young you are you’ll die if you leave the house, but any idiot should know by now that the risk is absolutely minute.

It's getting on towards time to simply ask folk like this to explain, in some detail, why they won't be as safe at a wedding now as they were 2 years ago. 

Well... That or if you don't have the time, completely shun them until they get the message.

23 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

i also reconed this would come, but even more so i think it could be the first step to greater outsourcing, there are plenty of countries in the developing world where English is spoken as the FIRST language , yes the indian call centres get slagged off alot but even then, there are times when you get guys on the phone who are shit hot and others who are , well , shit. it's just your luck and it can be the same when talking to uk centres .  If you don't even need to be on the phone then it can be done even easier for certain jobs,  educated professionals in these countries can be trained up to do what people here are doing . 

Some people thought that remote working was going to mean they could work from pleasant holiday destination locations long term, but i just can't see how any big bad company is going to let their expensive first world staff swan about like gap year students when they could get someone to do the job for pennies

As soon as lockdown started I said WFH would not be the utopia everyone expected and there would be a slew of redundancies on the foot of the pandemic.

8 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

As soon as lockdown started I said WFH would not be the utopia everyone expected and there would be a slew of redundancies on the foot of the pandemic.

Unfortunately, a huge number of the people involved will be of professions not traditionally involved with trade unions, and who might have previously turned their nose up at such organisations. I'm the same as you. WFH has massive "careful what you wish for" flags all over it for me. Not in all cases clearly, and some people are going to really get a lifestyle boost out of this, but there will be a lot of cases where people will get a real shock at how their employer is  willing to game this pandemic in the long run.

Home improvement firms must be absolutely coining it in. Been looking at a new kitchen and lead in times for design and fitting are months. Asked the guy at each firm if it was due to not being able to get supply but no it's purely down to massive demand as folk have hee haw else to spend their cash on.

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

Home improvement firms must be absolutely coining it in. Been looking at a new kitchen and lead in times for design and fitting are months. Asked the guy at each firm if it was due to not being able to get supply but no it's purely down to massive demand as folk have hee haw else to spend their cash on.

Friends a gas engineer and plumber. He's pretty much booked up until the summer. People putting in new boilers mainly. He's turning down bathrooms to quote on as he just doesn't have time. 

I had a couple polish guys fit the kitchen in flat k was in last. Started Friday morning and done Sunday lunchtime. Including flooring and filing, £1500.

19 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Same wi gardens. Noone going on holiday so money to burn

48 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's getting on towards time to simply ask folk like this to explain, in some detail, why they won't be as safe at a wedding now as they were 2 years ago. 

Well... That or if you don't have the time, completely shun them until they get the message.

With people I know and don’t mind upsetting I go option A, but in this instance I sat quietly seething with option B. If he doesn’t want to show up, no skin off my nose.