Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I watched the Morton v Airdrie game. Shows how fcking mad the whole situation is, there was a group of about 80 youngsters huddled (not the celtic type) together on the banking outside the stadium. Below them was a near empty terracing that could easily fit them all plus a hundred more all socially distanced. Cant the government and fitba authorities see the likes of that and Ibrox last week and probably Hibs tomorrow and realise that not opening grounds is actually more "dangerous" (in their eyes) than opening them. Absolute muppets 

11 minutes ago, deegee said:

I’m at Headingley late August for England v India which might be renamed England v April 02!

I can’t wait as I have been to a few test matches in Leeds and I booked this (with a few English colleagues) as far back as late December in the presumption this shit show would be well done by then. No doubt in Scotland we’ll still be looking at our leaders having heads in hands crying when 300 folk want to watch East Fife versus Forfar in an outdoors stadium. 

Headingley is my favourite test ground.  Had many great days on the Western Terrace. Don’t think I’ll ever witness anything in any sport better than Ben Stokes in the last Ashes test there.  The most unreal atmosphere I’ve ever experienced.

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I watched the Morton v Airdrie game. Shows how fcking mad the whole situation is, there was a group of about 80 youngsters huddled (not the celtic type) together on the banking outside the stadium. Below them was a near empty terracing that could easily fit them all plus a hundred more all socially distanced. Cant the government and fitba authorities see the likes of that and Ibrox last week and probably Hibs tomorrow and realise that not opening grounds is actually more "dangerous" (in their eyes) than opening them. Absolute muppets 

But yet indoor supermarkets open, braehead and silverburn open, more chances of cross contamination there. The SG just genuinely hates football. 
Also was fucking delightful to see the Ton spank Airdrie United. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
18 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
Can't believe folk are so desperate to get back to normal that they would actually attend fucking cricket.

Bring on lockdown 3.

T20 is tremendous evening out and a day at a test is a great day. Boxing day at MCG is on my retiral bucket list.

First t20 will be 23rd June.  Have been to the MCG on boxing day during the last ashes tour.  Nothing like going to the cricket over here.  People fighting in the stands and getting thrown out left, right and centre 😂

But yet indoor supermarkets open, braehead and silverburn open, more chances of cross contamination there. The SG just genuinely hates football. 
Complete with (but not limited to) no one way systems, no way to ensure distancing, many, many common touch points such as doors, escaltors, lifts, shared facilities like toilets, food courts, stalls etc. Not to mention often indoor/covered car parks...

All things that have bizarrely been cited as needing a solution specifically when it comes to football

A shopping centre is, demonstrably worse.

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Also was fucking delightful to see the Ton spank Airdrie United. 

Exactly. Folk in shopping centres and supermarkets which are indoors, plus the fact everybody is touching items then putting them back on shelves. Doesnt make any sense. 16 months (by the time pre season comes) without fans at the likes of Ayr, Stranraer, Albion Rovers etc is a disgrace but nothing will ever be done about it 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Complete with (but not limited to) no one way systems, no way to ensure distancing, many, many common touch points such as doors, escaltors, lifts, shared facilities like toilets, food courts, stalls etc. Not to mention often indoor/covered car parks...

All things that have bizarrely been cited as needing a solution specifically when it comes to football

A shopping centre is, demonstrably worse.

Fucking madness man. 

I am giving very serious thought to moving to England for a few months and renting a house over the summer if we are stuck with masks and they are not. Cue a magnificent meltdown from me on 22nd June.
What do you do in an average day that requires you to be masked given you told us you retired and are penning a book ?

2 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

AA affiliate of the Cleveland Indians. Name is a nod to the city's history of rubber & tire production through companies like Goodyear, Firestone & General Tire.

Akron-RubberDucks-Logo.png

I suppose if St Johnstone ever took them over they could become the Akron Rubber Johnnies

55 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Headingley is my favourite test ground.  Had many great days on the Western Terrace. Don’t think I’ll ever witness anything in any sport better than Ben Stokes in the last Ashes test there.  The most unreal atmosphere I’ve ever experienced.

My first time there was Kevin Peterson’s 149v South Africa in 2012. Amazing day out and was same  day as the “ Super Saturday” at London 2012 Olympics...to this day I’ve never seen a second of the Gold medal wins from Jessica Ennis etc that day as I was frankly as pissed as a fart after a brilliant day in Headingly with an amazing atmosphere, on and around the stadium, 

I’m looking forward to a day out with big crowd, great banter and a few beers; might break a few hearts in the SG but I’ll be taking my chances. 

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Clownshoes Leitch's beloved Airdrie getting pumped by The Famous.

460211076_tenor(43).gif.abe5013c6bcb8468c4b860d52127b7c8.gif

The Norseman ditching the ridiculous 'table service only!!11!!!' proviso after 55 folk walked in for a drink at the exact same time after the game with two bar staff on. Back to bar service after about 0.3 seconds of hesitation.

460211076_tenor(43).gif.abe5013c6bcb8468c4b860d52127b7c8.gif

Normality is reasserting itself over these freaks and losers. 

Always thought the Norseman was a shitehole.

Willl never have a bad word to say about it again.

8 hours ago, Aladdin said:

Has anyone postulated where this outbreak in Glasgow has come from?  In other council areas over the months, people seem to know about local outbreaks at schools, prisons, factories etc.  Apologies if I have overlooked it, but I havent seen anyone suggest where this started.

Is it caused by the Covid-1690 July 12th variant?

We currently have our honeymoon in Mexico scheduled for 5th of July. Do you guys reckon it’ll go ahead? We’ll have no problem self-isolating on return due to working from home/holidays.

Just haven’t been following the latest info that closely due to some pretty serious personal matters, so wondering what the tuned in think.

51 minutes ago, ulysses said:

We currently have our honeymoon in Mexico scheduled for 5th of July. Do you guys reckon it’ll go ahead? We’ll have no problem self-isolating on return due to working from home/holidays.

Just haven’t been following the latest info that closely due to some pretty serious personal matters, so wondering what the tuned in think.

Suspect you might be humped unfortunately - we've rolled Mexico over from last year and have just done so again to next year.

Cases in Cancun/Riviera Maya are supposedly high at the moment too. The resorts are still fairly full of Americans by the looks of things though.