Coronavirus (COVID-19)

57 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This is true, but any measure which involves a division by a small denominator (in this case population) is susceptible to large fluctuations being driven by very small changes in the underlying numbers (or even random noise). The population of East Renfrewshire is under 100,000, so every single individual case leads to the rate increasing by more than 1.

This means that a very small number of cases, localised to a single area (eg an outbreak of 20 cases in a school) can lead to a massive increase in the case rate. That isn't true of the larger areas.

East Renfrewshire is far from the smallest LA area though, so this smacks of special pleading to save Prosecco night for the Mearns' full-time mummy crowd. 

1 minute ago, H Wragg said:
6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:
What's so special about April 2002?

Thistle won the 1st Division for starters.

Was that the month of Paterson's free kick up here? Or was that March?

Daily Cases Update:  Another rising day of 6.54% and infectivity up again.  Glasgow back top.

Glasgow accounts alone for bang on 50% of the Scottish rise.  Aberdeen City with close to 230,000 population shows how infections can still be low, with only 24 total cases and 0.4% positivity. Couple of Glasgow tower blocks will have higher numbers.

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 12th May to 18th May  were 2003 now 2134 up 6.54%.  Positivity was 1.5% now 1.6%.   Cases per 100k were 36.7 now 39.1

Home Nations Daily update:  UK Average  22.0 to 22.0 down 0.00%, England 21.0 to 21.0 down 0.00%,  Wales 9.8 to 9.7 up 1.02%, Northern Ireland 34.6 to 33.2 down 4.05%

European (Above 2 Million Population) : Sweden 284 to 247, Netherlands  219 to 201, only major countries above 150. 

Sun worshiper areas currently are Malta 7 to 5 (How is this not on Green list ?), Portugal 26 to 27,  Bulgaria 59 to 52, Spain 80 to 72, Italy 80 to 73, Turkey 104 to 97, Greece 141 to 133  France 146, Cyprus 199 to 174   

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Naughty Level 3 Councils

Glasgow City   112.1 to 122.6    Positivity 4.2%  Pollokshields West 1074 & East 973 & Kingston West 853 as Glasgow hits the top again.

East Renfrewshire    118.3 to 116.2 

Clackmannanshire   56.3 to 85.4  200% rise in 3 days as the Whore's nickers council bounces back. 75% of cases in Tullibody Come on ye Gers

Midlothian   50.8 to 59.5  Penicuik the new Pentland 

East Dunbartonshire    56.1 to 53.4 

Under 50 Level 2 Criteria Club

South Lanarkshire  42.1 to 43.4

Renfrewshire  34.1 to 40.2

Fife  37.7 to 36.1

North Ayrshire    30.4 to 34.9

Moray   36.5 to 34.4

North Lanarkshire   35.4 to 33.7  

Stirling   38.2 to 32.9 

City Of Edinburgh   28.8 to 32.4 

Perth & Kinross   27.6 to 29.0

Falkirk  24.9 to 26.1 

West Lothian   24.0 to 25.7

East Ayrshire   19.7 to 21.3  

East Lothian   10.3 to 20.5  Double overnight c/o Ormiston

The Should be in Level 1  Club Sub 20.0image.jpeg.2ac60f85799d1453b2fa133e8de973d3.jpeg

Angus   13.8 to 18.1 

Aberdeenshire   14.9 to 16.1

Dundee City   14.7 to 16.1

Western Isles  11.2 to 11.2  

Aberdeen City   13.6 to 10.5  Astonishing numbers

Orkney Island  9.0 to 9.0

South Ayrshire   7.1 to 8.0  

West Dunbartonshire  9.0 to 7.9

Scottish  Borders    6.1 to 7.8

Argyll & Bute  3.5 to 7.0   

Shetland Islands  0.0 to 4.4 

Highlands   4.7 to 3.8

Inverclyde   5.1 to 2.6

Dumfries & Galloway  2.7 to 2.0  

Edited by superbigal

My local vaccination place are doing a drop in service today for everyone over 30 who hasn't had their first dose yet. I've just been turned away as the queue was massive and she doubted that they had enough to do everyone waiting, but I could chance going down later to see if they've any left. Bollocks.

5 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Aberdeen City   13.6 to 10.5  Astonishing numbers

GET FUCKING PITTODRIE OPEN.  

Ah right, season's finished.  Balls.  

Has anyone postulated where this outbreak in Glasgow has come from?  In other council areas over the months, people seem to know about local outbreaks at schools, prisons, factories etc.  Apologies if I have overlooked it, but I havent seen anyone suggest where this started.

I like April 02 variant. Has a hint of bloody and brutal South American revolution get em up against the fucking wall about it. 
There's definitely an April 02 stadium somewhere in North Korea. A bit of football during the week. Disrespectful members of the extended Kim family executed by anti-aircraft fire in the centre circle on Saturdays.

3 minutes ago, yoda said:

There's not really an issue in renaming it the "April-02" variant. 

Literally nobody should care unless you still get your kicks from calling it the "P*** shop".

well there might be in terms of continuity and avoiding confusion by unilaterally renaming something 

17 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Has anyone postulated where this outbreak in Glasgow has come from?  In other council areas over the months, people seem to know about local outbreaks at schools, prisons, factories etc.  Apologies if I have overlooked it, but I havent seen anyone suggest where this started.

Delhi (Not the local Delicatessen)

Edited by superbigal

14 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

well there might be in terms of continuity and avoiding confusion by unilaterally renaming something 

Whilst also failing to keep to the new name and referring it as the Indian variant over 5 times after clarifying it was now the April-02 variant. 

5th March in torrential rain.
Never been so soaked at a game.

Likewise I got absolutely fucking soaked to the skin.

There was word of a pitch inspection when we were in the Sneck Social Club. A less meaningful game with less of a travelling support would definitely have got the bump IMO.

18 hours ago, virginton said:

East Renfrewshire is far from the smallest LA area though, so this smacks of special pleading to save Prosecco night for the Mearns' full-time mummy crowd. 

I get that, I was just explaining why the metric of "cases per 100,000" is susceptible to fluctuations.

What I reckon has happened here is that Moray were going to be used as sacrificial lambs to be chucked in Level 3 for a week purely to make the point of "you can still go up the levels", then the rates in Glasgow surged and they were somewhat stuck between a rock and a hard place given that they couldn't possibly justify moving Moray to Level 3 while keeping Glasgow in Level 2. Now they're trying to backslide out of it by avoiding bumping anyone else up even if they should in theory be in Level 3 based on the daft criteria they have in place.

My prediction is that the only way another area moves up to Level 3 is if their numbers are absolutely through the roof for a long period.

Edited by craigkillie

6 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Do they have a tombola which just fires out the decisions?

That would be awesome. And might make more sense than what we have now.

"East Lothian.....You drew...[drum roll]...Number 6! Number 6! Congratulations, you're in level one for the next week."