Coronavirus (COVID-19)

15 minutes ago, The Master said:

She was asked why we should still look a cases when hospitalisations are so low. 

The answer was “community transmission” and “not everyone has been vaccinated “…

Good grief. 

And yet the unvaccinated are hardly piling up in hospitals. 

So cases per 100,000 is important except when it’s not?
I think it's actually good that they're not just flatly firing people in based on this, will stop places like Clacks and Argyll etc being fired into level 3 due to a handful of cases.

Glasgow must remain in Level 3 but East Ren remains in level 2. Bit stupid. Cases are the important measure unless they’re not. 
It's an acknowledgement finally that smaller authorities are far more easily skewed against by relatively small numbers cases wise using the per 100k measure.

Just now, MP_MFC said:
2 minutes ago, The Master said:
So cases per 100,000 is important except when it’s not?

I think it's actually good that they're not just flatly firing people in based on this, will stop places like Clacks and Argyll etc being fired into level 3 due to a handful of cases.

Yes, definitely. But it undermines the whole attitude up until now. 

Why didn’t this apply earlier to stop places from unnecessarily being in too high a level? Or if it did, why wasn’t it explained?

This nonsense is starting to get really, really demoralising. There's only so many times I can e-mail my MSP complaining about this before I concede to the futility of it all. Pretty much ignoring a lot of the restrictions at this point anyway but christ I am done with this.

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
4 minutes ago, Netan Sansara said:
Glasgow must remain in Level 3 but East Ren remains in level 2. Bit stupid. Cases are the important measure unless they’re not. 

It's an acknowledgement finally that smaller authorities are far more easily skewed against by relatively small numbers cases wise using the per 100k measure.

The entire point of a per 100k measure is to normalise case loads against population.