Jump to content
ICTChris

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Recommended Posts

A lot of people have been doing this a lot longer. Ain't that right. 

That can’t be true there would be a 6th wave and double variant if it was. Wait 2 weeks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Elixir said:

PowttJS.gif PowttJS.gif PowttJS.gif

Can’t wait until they announce the soho variant due to those shocking scenes. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Can’t wait until they announce the soho variant due to those shocking scenes. 

Alongside the Primark triple mutant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Can’t wait until they announce the soho variant due to those shocking scenes. 

Personally think the scenes show that a huge amount of people want their lives back, and the time for sacrifice is coming to an end. It also shows how disconnected all the social media clowns are that band about keeping the pubs shut and keeping SD as some sort of barely consequential, just incase measure. Bin it, set the bin on fire. Bury the ashes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The scenes we are starting to see now are fucking glorious. 

I’m going home to stay at my parents’ in a couple of weeks where I’ll be visiting a few different households over the course of the weekend, and couldn’t possibly feel any less guilty or anxious about it. People are free to sit terrified in their houses alone for as long as they want, and it’s a shame that government messaging has led to this sort of irrational level of fear, but not for me anymore. Data not dates.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Can’t wait until they announce the soho variant due to those shocking scenes. 


They’re surge testing for the SA variant in two London boroughs after a big cluster. Close the WHSmiths

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NotThePars said:

My wee cousin went to stay at her pal's in Bishopbriggs with another one of their mates and someone snapped them going in and phoned the polis. You absolutely love to see it. If I had to name 5 areas in Glasgow that would snitch on their neighbours I reckon Bishopbriggs would've had a proud place as well.


A friend of a friend just had a baby and her mum was up to give a bit of support (which is very much allowed) and one of the neighbours phoned the police. Police basically turned up said "aye that's fine, sorry for bothering you".

I reckon the places this will be most rife will be the sort of middle-class new build areas where folk move to have big shiny houses to show off to their pals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean for all the jokes about variants in here, the real issue is the vast swathes of the world that don't have access to the hundreds of millions of doses certain western countries are hoarding. There is every chance some places will have wave after wave until non-vaccine produced HI kicks in. It doesn't need to be like that. And yes, of course the longer the virus runs rampant, the more chance of more variants of concern arising. As I say, in our jagged up utopia that shouldn't prove an issue for us, but that doesn't really help the millions of other poor c***s in the world denied access, partly through our greed. 

I would have hoped it would be a priority for us to tool up the poorer nations ASAP and squash the virus totally - foolishly it never crossed my mind that vaccine nationalism and greedy hoarding would be even remotely the issue it's turned out to be. I suppose if I'd thought about it for even half a second it would have been fucking obvious though. 

I was reading the other day that part of the contractual obligations signed up to by the trump admin is that no doses from the states are allowed to be given to any other countries at all. Fucking sound 👍 

Edited by madwullie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, craigkillie said:


A friend of a friend just had a baby and her mum was up to give a bit of support (which is very much allowed) and one of the neighbours phoned the police. Police basically turned up said "aye that's fine, sorry for bothering you".

I reckon the places this will be most rife will be the sort of middle-class new build areas where folk move to have big shiny houses to show off to their pals.

Got to think a lot of these c***s won't even actually give a shit about the virus, and will just be looking for an excuse to phone the polis on their neighbour because they hate them due to one noisy party a few years ago, or their weans constantly in their garden for their footballs or whatever. Arseholes. 

I know round here it's been pretty loose. People have had the odd gathering (mainly kids playing and the parents hanging about too) but the odd drinking session anawl. As long as they aren't belting out tye sash or rebel tunes at midnight outside my weans' windows I couldn't really give a f**k tbh. I only know of the one time the polis were called that I wrote about a few weeks ago - and that was definitely a case of a neighbour just wanting to out the boot in because of a perceived slight. 

Edited by madwullie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where I am is fine as well. My parents and my wife's parents have been up semi-frequently since Sturgeon confirmed that providing support to parents with children under 1 was a reasonable excuse for travel (they were both worried about getting stopped by the police before that because apparently the borders out of Ayrshire are being fairly regularly patrolled). Our neighbours a couple of doors down had a baby recently too, and her mum has been in their bubble the whole time. None of the neighbours have had any issues with this, and I haven't seen the police on the street once.

One of the neighbours have started having groups of folk over for BBQs and so on again recently, but again nobody gives a f**k, and nor should they.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/03/2021 at 19:36, AllSaint said:

Looking more and more likely that Scotland will be ‘opening up’ before England. Incredible scenes and makes the tin foil hat brigade look incredibly foolish with their tantrums at literally anything negative they read on whatever flat earth forums they spend their time on. 

 

On 03/03/2021 at 19:47, HibsFan said:

Page 4550 is a memorable enough number.

CDC4C698-C678-4F96-A7EC-C8A7DA34B474.thumb.jpeg.dcb783dd1c788943c3c25abdc14cf03c.jpeg

Well would you look at that? :lol:

lljsjW_q.jpg.c9352a340f4f9197eae1bd9ad227b2b1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

The scenes we are starting to see now are fucking glorious. 

I’m going home to stay at my parents’ in a couple of weeks where I’ll be visiting a few different households over the course of the weekend, and couldn’t possibly feel any less guilty or anxious about it. People are free to sit terrified in their houses alone for as long as they want, and it’s a shame that government messaging has led to this sort of irrational level of fear, but not for me anymore. Data not dates.

Just don't broadcast it as there are bawbags that can't help but report others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SA variant doing  it's thing in London. Check out the different headlines between UK and US.

ABC - In rare instances, South Africa variant may evade Pfizer vaccine, researchers say.

Telegraph - South Africa variant can 'break through' Pfizer's vaccine.

I don't know if this is down to the UK press always looking for sensationalism or whether there is a concerted effort to scare the public.

 

Edited by dirty dingus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

SA variant doing  it's thing in London. Check out the different headlines between UK and US.

ABC - In rare instances, South Africa variant may evade Pfizer vaccine, researchers say.

Telegraph - South Africa variant can 'break through' Pfizer's vaccine.

I don't know if this is down to the UK press always looking for sensationalism or whether there is a concerted effort to scare the public.

 

Nah, it's just the American way to use 10 words when 1 would suffice.  And, their version is toooooo long for a headline.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mizfit said:

Only reason I can’t see them bringing it forward this side of the election is possible accusations of using it to gain favour from the electorate.

There's an easy fix to this, issue a statement that the rules are being relaxed quicker than anticipated due to the figures and that all the political parties are in full agreement with this decision, everyone gets to claim a wee bit of the glory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Elixir said:

PowttJS.gif PowttJS.gif PowttJS.gif

I clicked that link for the comments section.

Boy, was I not disappointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I clicked that link for the comments section.

Boy, was I not disappointed.

Yes, absolutely full of Helen Lovejoys , hundreds of “here comes the next wave “ comments 😡

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, budmiester1 said:

 all the political parties are in full agreement with this decision, everyone gets to claim a wee bit of the glory.

I've never witnessed much desire for this simplistic approach in our Parliament over the last decade or so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...