Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Our place floated an idea that, if someone tested positive through not following rules on SD and sanitising, then they would not only be unpaid for their absence, but would be liable for the time lost by any T&T contacts forced to isolate. Unions obviously kicked that one straight out, but I would suggest it's an appropriate sanction for this fella. By all means refuse the vaccine - just keep yourself away from any possible collateral victims of your moral/scientific/tinfoil reasoning. 

Surely though once everyone in the workplace has been vaccinated there’s no need to worry about one or two who’ve refused the vaccine? The vaccinated would be safe  and the unvaccinated would need to live with the chance of getting it

19 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Surely though once everyone in the workplace has been vaccinated there’s no need to worry about one or two who’ve refused the vaccine? The vaccinated would be safe  and the unvaccinated would need to live with the chance of getting it

Aye but we’re still at the ridiculous stage where public health scotland force people to isolate without telling you who you’ve been in contact with so that you can tell them how much contact youve had or for how long etc. Also fully vaccinated people being required to isolate for 10 days is outrageous. 

What council area/health board?

Edinburgh. Seems to be a pretty big mobilisation here at the moment, I know plenty in their late 20s/early 30s with appointments over the next few weeks.

32 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Aye but we’re still at the ridiculous stage where public health scotland force people to isolate without telling you who you’ve been in contact with so that you can tell them how much contact youve had or for how long etc. Also fully vaccinated people being required to isolate for 10 days is outrageous. 

They need to bin those timelines now vaccines are on the go. Kinda glad I’ve never got the app or been anywhere where contact details are needed 

Heard from my Mum that she got her letter the other day and her second dose is Sat at the exact same time as her 1st one was. She also got a sheet of travel passes, kinda stupid when she’s 64 and has a bus pass anyway 

Edited by Thereisalight..

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Heard from my Mum that she got her letter the other day and her second dose is Sat at the exact same time as her 1st one was. She also got a sheet of travel passes, kinda stupid when she’s 64 and has a bus anyway 

yup, I agree why would she have travel passes when she owns a bus....mental

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

That's terrible, and I guarantee that story and thousands like it will be being replicated all over the UK. There are an estimated 50.000 undiagnosed cancer cases out there, and the repercussions from that alone will go on for years. 

I have discovered in the last couple of weeks that 2 of my close friends have family members who have had significantly delayed cancer diagnosis recently after being repeatedly fobbed off. One of them is terminal. 

The collataral damage from all this is going to be catastrophic. 

10 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Heard from my Mum that she got her letter the other day and her second dose is Sat at the exact same time as her 1st one was. She also got a sheet of travel passes, kinda stupid when she’s 64 and has a bus anyway 

How would they know this?  

5 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

Plus you can't book them by phone so loads of folk crowded into a corner of sinclair street at 9am trying to get one.

Wasn't any issues this time: they started selling early and there were about a dozen folk queuing at five to 9. Three tickets for a God-level view secured no bother; shame about the standard of players and teams competing on the pitch. 

WHO confirming today that vaccines are cigaring all known variants, so any independent SAGE clown claiming that 'we just don't know!!!!111!!!' should be subject to disciplinary action in their jobs and shut out by the media for peddling fake news.

There is no valid reason to delay lifting restrictions because of shan variants then: the vulnerable are as protected now as they will ever be. 

My partner is going back to Australia this week. Obviously has to quarantine. As part of that they attach a ‘health band’ to her, essentially an ankle tag and tract all of her health stats. It’s very Big Brother.

8 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

My partner is going back to Australia this week. Obviously has to quarantine. As part of that they attach a ‘health band’ to her, essentially an ankle tag and tract all of her health stats. It’s very Big Brother.

How is that working now ? I was reading few months back maybe more about how many Aussies had been stuck abroad and couldnt get back. Some of them had been due to leave the country they were in to move back and ended up 6 months later maybe more  still not able to get back

Edited by BigDoddyKane

10 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

It is thoroughly depressing to see liberal democracies plumb these depths, and even more depressing to see the level of support such measures seem to attract.