Coronavirus (COVID-19)

44 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Logged on to the new vaccine status NHS website and can see my 2nd dose scheduled for 13 June so exactly 10 weeks after my first. Better system than a blue envelope especially for the younger supposedly more tech savvy age groups.

Full force field ahead of my mid July annual leave. The (green list) world will hopefully be my oyster.

Hopefully no reaction before a day of beer and Hampden for the Czech game on the day after mind.

Have you got a link for the vaccine status site? 

22 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

From Van Tam today 

would be happier with “years” was replaced with “months”

He went on: "The government has given people freedoms to start to make these judgments for themselves.

"And I understand that we can't live for years and years on end with rules, people will have to learn to manage these risks from COVID for themselves 

I know what you mean, but like Whitty has said several times, he is trying to reinforce that some people will likely continue to die from Covid as per influenza, but that this will be within healthcare capacity and a tolerable level for society to go about operating as normal.

10 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Question Time have certainly picked the right time to play a broken record on how bad travel is. 

Definitely not a coincidence. 

Unfortunately for her and the rest of the clueless anti-travel ghouls, the wheels are already well in motion for its resumption. greggy.png

1 hour ago, anotherchance said:

Devi spouting her nonsense on Question Time tonight. Hopefully an audience member or two go through her like a ton of bricks.

What tirne is this on tonight? 

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Reports emerging that indian variant may look about 20% more transmissible and if the case then not expecting lockdown easing to be delayed 

I dont have a phd in statistics (but im sure theres a few here) but reading tweets linked into/out of this thread including Chris Smyth from the times suggesting that the 50% was their worst case scenario type thing and the media was running with it, typical?

If Warwick are showing 20-30 per cent then the real figure is probably 2-3. Those were the muppets predicting a debilitating third wave!!!!1111!!! back in February when the roadmap was set out based on nonsense, knicker-wetting assumptions. 

Just now, virginton said:

If Warwick are showing 20-30 per cent then the real figure is probably 2-3. Those were the muppets predicting a debilitating third wave!!!!1111!!! back in February when the roadmap was set out based on nonsense, knicker-wetting assumptions. 

Im utterly shite with statistics 11 times out of 9 I get mixed up. I do remember them predicting said third wave etc, this 20-30% from some reporting also seems to be the sort of median level too, so hopefully it’s cigar time soon and youre right with the 2-3%! 

10 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

My uncle text me from Selhurst Park earlier. Very galling that we're pissing about up here with 500 fans at Killie and Dundee and English teams have a decent number of fans. Just wish we had a competent football governing body who'd pull the SG to task over this 

We just don’t know yet if it’s safe. 

14 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

My uncle text me from Selhurst Park earlier. Very galling that we're pissing about up here with 500 fans at Killie and Dundee and English teams have a decent number of fans. Just wish we had a competent football governing body who'd pull the SG to task over this 

Wimbledon had their first game back in Plough Lane last night, test event, thousands of fans. The scottish government dont care about football. 

3 hours ago, Scorge said:

First shot of Pfizer in the arm yesterday through work, hence didn't have to get the AZ. Sore arm aside, feel f**k all.

Even though the end of the road isn't quite here, the sheer number of khunts now paying no attention to social distancing anywhere at all is deeply annoying. I fucking hate people. 

53C5288D-03E3-4CFF-8E49-F54BA6D5170A.png

My brother does work with the English FA.  They have been pushing hard to reopen football at the earliest opportunity, both now and last year. Last year he thought they were going too far too fast coming out of lock down 1. This time around he says they have it right. 

He has been to his 10 matches in the last fortnight at various levels. 

14 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Wimbledon had their first game back in Plough Lane last night, test event, thousands of fans. The scottish government dont care about football. 

I saw that. Christ even Sunderland under 23's had a crowd away at Stoke. Scunnering, especially when the "Scottish showcase final" is happening without fans 

I've genuinely just given up even attempting to stick to their pish rules. Was in my local for the first time in over a year tonight and I was actually glad to just see every c**t mingling, hugging, playing pool the full lot.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

This.

Nobodies been in any serious danger for about a month, nobody is giving a f**k about restrictions any more, yet no fans are allowed at a cup final and its been a complete pig to even get a spot at a pub to watch it.

This past 2 months have honestly just been the biggest waste of life any of us will ever live through. An absolute farce by clueless morons terrified to make a decision because they have zero idea what's happening and why so instead just guess at whatever sounds best.

Edited by RandomGuy.