Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Bunch of adults, at least one fully vaccinated, making their own risk assessment about masks on a near empty train carriage. 

Lock them up. 

The CDC put out a memo last week about masks being pointless for anyone vaccinated and their advice had changed to masks no longer being necessary.

I'm sure someone would have posted it here but there was a piece in the FT about it.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, WATTOO said:
Still not had my blue letter and according to the Ayrshire & Arran NHS website, there's not anywhere within 12 miles of me doing the vaccines for the rest of May.

Did you not phone the helpline. There is 100% an issue with blue envelopes in Ayrshire for 45-49. Been in the local media quite a bit but phone and they will give you an appointment straight away. As for location my wife is to go to a NA site rather than SA but probably equidistant to Ayr ones.

Thanks again for the tip off, that's me sorted for the 27th May, I have to venture down to ARDRUSSAN but apart from that obvious downside I can't complain.

I got through after about a 10 min wait and the guy on the helpline was really helpful.

28 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Never mind the methodology. In march last year you had to be at deaths door with CoVID to get a COVID test. June onwards, you needed a cough. And now they are basically asking everyone to get a test twice a week. 

Without bearing this mind it's difficult to understand the chart of cases .

Not sure what that's got to do with my post or the post I was reply to which was about comparing current hospital numbers to July...?

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

The Minister in charge of Vaccine Passport's wife using her billionaire owned newspaper column to promote the idea that restrictions are to be blamed on members of the public rather than the politicians who impose them is worthy of note. There has been a marked increase in hostile media towards people who choose not to be vaccinated in the past week. 

I'll be delighted if Denmark do stop using the Digital Passport but announcements have been continually made harsher throughout the crisis eg Two Week Circuit Breaker, vaccines originally only necessary for the vulnerable. 

giphy.gif

First time on a train in months, maybe for the whole of the pandemic. Wearing a mask on a train is vile. Its so hot.

Also, just hear a lassie use the word literally about 7 times. Literally. No need for a single one of them.

You get used to it when you travel regularly but yes can be unpleasant in non AC carriages.

Thanks again for the tip off, that's me sorted for the 27th May, I have to venture down to ARDRUSSAN but apart from that obvious downside I can't complain.
I got through after about a 10 min wait and the guy on the helpline was really helpful.
Good stuff, wife has to go to Dreghorn. Have lived in both and trust me Ardrossan way more preferable albeit both were in the 80s

First shot of Pfizer in the arm yesterday through work, hence didn't have to get the AZ. Sore arm aside, feel f**k all.

Even though the end of the road isn't quite here, the sheer number of khunts now paying no attention to social distancing anywhere at all is deeply annoying. I fucking hate people. 

1 minute ago, Scorge said:

First shot of Pfizer in the arm yesterday through work, hence didn't have to get the AZ. Sore arm aside, feel f**k all.

Even though the end of the road isn't quite here, the sheer number of khunts now paying no attention to social distancing anywhere at all is deeply annoying. I fucking hate people. 

wiggo.png

Reports emerging that indian variant may look about 20% more transmissible and if the case then not expecting lockdown easing to be delayed 

I dont have a phd in statistics (but im sure theres a few here) but reading tweets linked into/out of this thread including Chris Smyth from the times suggesting that the 50% was their worst case scenario type thing and the media was running with it, typical?

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, WATTOO said:
Increased hospital numbers aren't necessarily a bad thing (so long as the people recover of course) if it transpires that the majority are unvaccinated and of the younger population then that would confirm that the vaccinations worked and that the risk to the general population and indeed the NHS is manageable.
At that point we would have the required evidence that Covid could be managed and that we could learn to live with it, with little to no restrictions remaining so long as booster jags kept it at bay.
The alternative is that we can NEVER return to normal, foreign travel will be forever shelved and the associated Economic fallout is unfathomable as is the adverse effect on the mental health of the nation.
We were told in 2020 that "2021 would be different" but so far the rhetoric hasn't improved and going by the powers that be, 2022 and onward isn't suddenly going to be any better so unless we adjust our outlook to what is "acceptable" then the future looks pretty dire to be honest, so as I say, let's hope that the vaccines provide indisputable evidence that they stop Death and serious illness and our Governments all wake up to the fact that it's potentially the best that they can realistically hope for.....

It's a dunt to the "all younger cohorts will only get a sniffle" train of thought though. Clearly not the case if such a relatively small outbreak in a localised area has lead to 8 in one day being serious enough to need hospital admission especially given this is about as soon after this outbreak began that you would expect to see hospital admissions. That said we need to know if they were admitted with Covid or because of Covid.

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Not if they are fatties

2 hours ago, PWL said:

As long as Glasgow, in particular, is in level 3 for no more than a week or two I'd go as far as say it's a positive. 

Sounds harsh but it might focus the minds of those who'd avoided a jag (for whatever reason) or younger folk who might have thought the crisis was over and needn't bother with one.

Jags are the only way out of this. 

Not sure if Glasgow is the same as Bolton but the vast majority of hospitalisations from the Bolton outbreak were among older folk who’d refused the vaccine. 

Vast majority of the population is at low risk now, either through being vaccinated or being in a healthy cohort. 

Not sure if Glasgow is the same as Bolton but the vast majority of hospitalisations from the Bolton outbreak were among older folk who’d refused the vaccine. 

Vast majority of the population is at low risk now, either through being vaccinated or being in a healthy cohort. 
Think someone posted they were in the 18-44 bracket in Glasgow today hence those posts.

Logged on to the new vaccine status NHS website and can see my 2nd dose scheduled for 13 June so exactly 10 weeks after my first. Better system than a blue envelope especially for the younger supposedly more tech savvy age groups.

Full force field ahead of my mid July annual leave. The (green list) world will hopefully be my oyster.

Hopefully no reaction before a day of beer and Hampden for the Czech game on the day after mind.

Daily Cases Update:  Another rising day but just 1.45%.  Cases dropping again in the UK.

Glasgow alone accounts for all and more of that rise.  Cases dropping in Pollokshields. Interesting climbing sharply in Ibrox & Govan

East Renfrew surpasses 100.  Moray is an absolute shoe in for level 2 now.  Very good that virtually every council in Cigar land sub 20 are either still dropping or very stable. East Ayrshire the latest to light up.

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 10th May to 16th May  were 1937 now 1965 up 1.45%.  Positivity was 1.6% now 1.6%.   Cases per 100k were 35.5 now 36.0

Home Nations Daily update:  UK Average  23.5 to 22.0 down 6.38%, England 23.0 to 21.0 down 8.70%,  Wales 10.5 to 9.8 down 6.67%, Northern Ireland 35.2 to 34.6 down 1.70%

European (Above 2 Million Population) : Sweden 250 to 284, Netherlands  259 to 219, France169 to 152, only destinations over 150 cases per 100K     

Sun worshiper areas currently are Malta 11 to 7 (How is this not on Green list ?), Portugal 24 to 26,  Bulgaria 72 to 59, Spain 84 to 80, Italy 95 to 80, Turkey 128 to 104, Greece 152 to 141  Cyprus 272 to 199   

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Naughty Level 3 Councils

Glasgow City  104.6 to 109.9    Positivity 4.2%  Pollokshields West 1395 & East 1002 per 100K both continue to drop. However Darnley North, Maxwell Park & Kingston West go above 400. Ibrox & Govan (Suprise suprise) hot on their heels.

East Renfrewshire   94.2 to 101.5 Hit the magic 100 marker.

Midlothian   57.3 to 56.2  As 45% of all cases are concentrated in Pentland (which is now dropping), I suspect this will start to fall sharply in next few days.

Under 50 Level 2 Criteria Club

East Dunbartonshire  46.0 to 47.9  

South Lanarkshire  48.4 to 45.5

Moray  48.0 to 40.7  Sure to move to level 2 next Monday.

Fife  39.1 to 39.1  

North Lanarkshire   35.7 to 36.0

Clackmannanshire   25.2 to 34.9 

Stirling   30.8 to 32.9 

North Ayrshire    26.7 to 30.4

Perth & Kinross    27.0 to 29.0

Renfrewshire   26.8 to 27.9

City Of Edinburgh  27.6 to 26.9  

West Lothian   23.5 to 25.7

Falkirk   25.5 to 24.2 

The Should be in Level 1  Club Sub 20.0image.jpeg.2ac60f85799d1453b2fa133e8de973d3.jpeg

East Ayrshire  21.3 to 18.9  Back in Cigar Land

South Ayrshire   16.9 to 15.1  

Aberdeen City   16.6 to 14.9

Aberdeenshire   16.1 to 14.9

Inverclyde 15.4 to 14.1

Dundee City   12.7 to 13.4  

East Lothian   10.3 to 10.3

Orkney Island  9.0 to 9.0

West Dunbartonshire  9.0 to 7.9

Angus   8.6 to 7.7

Western Isles  7.5 to 7.5

Highlands   6.4 to 5.1

Scottish  Borders   4.3 to 4.3

Argyll & Bute  1.2 to 3.5     

Dumfries & Galloway  3.4 to 3.4  

Shetland Islands  0.0 to 0.0  

Edited by superbigal

From Van Tam today 

would be happier with “years” was replaced with “months”

He went on: "The government has given people freedoms to start to make these judgments for themselves.

"And I understand that we can't live for years and years on end with rules, people will have to learn to manage these risks from COVID for themselves 

2nd dose of lovely AZ flowing through my veins this afternoon. As per 1st visit, very efficient at Forth Valley College in Stirling. A pint or two of vitamin T might be diluting these same veins later.

I was in Ireland with work yesterday and Glasgow Airport totally deserted upon my return this afternoon. Nowhere open on site for food or drink and only a handful of domestic flights going out in a day (with maybe one to Amsterdam I think too). Regardless of the rights and wrongs of restricting foreign travel, whether for business or pleasure, we risk running this industry and associated businesses out of the game forever if we don’t get moving soon. Aer Lingus have announced they’re closing their strategically important Shannon base with 130 job losses and how can other jobs survive if we have a repeat of the “holiday hokey-kokey” we seen last year with countries moving to red or green overnight then back again.