Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, Left Back said:

depends who's getting hospitalised.  if it's like Bolton and it's vulnerable people that should have been jagged but for whatever reason aren't then it's less to concerned about.  Is there any way to find out the details?

Hospital admissions by age groups is reported on the Travelling Tabby site.

The table will be due an update later today I think. 

I don't know a source for vaccination status of admissions.

Travelling Tabby 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

First dose done. The set-up at the college was very slick. Arrived and got asked 2 questions - is this my first dose, and what was my age. 

Everyone under 40 was put in the Pfizer line, everyone over 40 in the AZ line. In and out in a few minutes, no worries.

Not scientific at all but the under-40s line was the same length as the over-40s one.

A bit disheartening that the hospital numbers arent dropping further.  Four and a half months after a lockdown was imposed, the numbers appear to be around 2 or 3 times what they were at the start of July last year.

Hopefully just a case of there being more open during this lockdown which meant the virus levels never got as low.  It appears from travelling tabby that the 25-44 group are contributing the most to hospitalisations and cases so they wont be as covered by the vaccine.

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

Absolutely nothing here conforming to your conspiracy worldview, champ. Simply an article stating that anti-vaxxers are selfish cretins.

I see you ignored what I tagged you in on the previous page. Did Denmark not get the WEF 'Great Reset' memo?

The Minister in charge of Vaccine Passport's wife using her billionaire owned newspaper column to promote the idea that restrictions are to be blamed on members of the public rather than the politicians who impose them is worthy of note. There has been a marked increase in hostile media towards people who choose not to be vaccinated in the past week. 

I'll be delighted if Denmark do stop using the Digital Passport but announcements have been continually made harsher throughout the crisis eg Two Week Circuit Breaker, vaccines originally only necessary for the vulnerable. 

The increase in hospitalisations is exactly what will keep these restrictions going. 
Just need to hope this week is an anomaly and they start dropping again pronto. 

I’m semi surprised at the increase cause when there was that plateau/small increase in Feb/March time, yet hospitalisations didn’t increase even though it was bigger numbers case wise and less people vaccinated.

Wild hospital increases over the last week or so, you'd like to think this is non vaccinated folk.
It's not ideal but given the increase seems to be in Glasgow, where we know cases are higher and vaccination numbers are lower, I'd say it's not a huge surprise.

Just need to keep making sure we get jags into arms.

1 minute ago, Aladdin said:

A bit disheartening that the hospital numbers arent dropping further.  Four and a half months after a lockdown was imposed, the numbers appear to be around 2 or 3 times what they were at the start of July last year.

Hopefully just a case of there being more open during this lockdown which meant the virus levels never got as low.  It appears from travelling tabby that the 25-44 group are contributing the most to hospitalisations and cases so they wont be as covered by the vaccine.

We need to know how many of them are being treated for Covid symptoms and how many don't have symptoms but pinged a PCR test on admission to place it in any context. 

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

Absolutely nothing here conforming to your conspiracy worldview, champ. Simply an article stating that anti-vaxxers are selfish cretins.

I see you ignored what I tagged you in on the previous page. Did Denmark not get the WEF 'Great Reset' memo?

BBC headline this morning was,

"3 Scots Die after taking Vaccine"

Now, that could quite rightly worry a few people, however when you actually read the story it goes on to state that "3 scots had developed serious side effects and died from just over 2.8 million vaccinations"

Now, I don't know about anyone else, but I'd say that's pretty good odds and most certainly a "nothing to see here" story.

In fact, Id be interested to know how many perished in road traffic accidents last year just so we could have a bit of perspective, however I'm not holding my breath......

30 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Not sure if we can really compare hospital numbers to last year as the methodology for counting changed in Scotland in September. Though if we look at England's numbers on travelling tabby, they are just under 800, which they achieved at the start of August and then dropped further to less than 500 by the end of the month. Wales are now at their lowest ever number (35) which they achieved for a few days in September. 

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

In fact, Id be interested to know how many perished in road traffic accidents last year just so we could have a bit of perspective, however I'm not holding my breath......

On average 5 people a day die on the UK's roads each year...

Edited by Ginaro

56 minutes ago, KingswellsRed said:

The number of first doses has been low the last couple of days. Is there a data problem?

Still not had my blue letter and according to the Ayrshire & Arran NHS website, there's not anywhere within 12 miles of me doing the vaccines for the rest of May.

4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I got a blue envelope for my 1st jag (2nd March) but when i hadn't heard anything else 10 weeks later I went to https://vacs.nhs.scot/csp to find out my 2nd appointment was 14th May.

That site also has a tab showing your vaccination status and you can download it as a pdf.

Screenshot_20210519-105254_Chrome.jpg

I got my jag via the local authority as a carer, so didnt get a letter with a username on it, can you confirm if the username is some kind of combination of your name or an nhs chi number or whatever? Just tried to log in and nothing was working.

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I got my jag via the local authority as a carer, so didnt get a letter with a username on it, can you confirm if the username is some kind of combination of your name or an nhs chi number or whatever? Just tried to log in and nothing was working.

Try the missing appointment site - https://invitations.vacs.nhs.scot/

The responses I got back had my username in them.

3 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

..and I don't live in either. In fact, there's a line of bumps between them and me. Outside of Metropolitan areas, the general populace in England are far less inclusive then those resident in Scotland. I'm in the sticks, and our local population hubs are in the 5-10k population size. They don't like or trust folk from the next farm, let alone those from another continent. I hear the same story from colleagues in the Midlands, East Anglia and Geordieland. Whether it's because we've got a media which fails to condemn such values, or at the very least slavishly promotes some ridiculous Government-driven Empire exceptionalism wrapped up in a Butcher's Apron, I'll leave to you to decide. It's noticeable that the likes of Farage and Yaxley-Lennon got a massively different reception any time they decided to venture North of the border. 

Pollokshields is part of an area with a big ethnic minority population and loads of left leaning first time property buyers in their late 20s and early 30s. I don't think there are many other areas of the city where this could have happened.

The places you are describing exist here as well. There are plenty of curtain twitchers, NIMBYS and xenophobes all over Scotland. 

5 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Try the missing appointment site - https://invitations.vacs.nhs.scot/

The responses I got back had my username in them.

Used that site yesterday to get my appointment for the end of the month. Had to re-arrange as it was for a drive through and luckily managed to get a cancellation appointment only a couple of days later.

Not had my letter yet obviously, how far in advance are they normally sent out? Is it about a week or so?