Coronavirus (COVID-19)

26 minutes ago, Empty It said:
32 minutes ago, Stormzy said:
I'm not a staunch right winger you fucking moron emoji23.png
Are you one of these brain donors that thinks every Unionist is a Rangers fan or every Rangers fan is a Unionist? 
Such a simplistic primary 1 level take, I'm unsurprised coming from a flag shagger but still..

Raging for being called on what you are, you just keep trundling along denying the historical bigotry from your beloved Rangers and keep crying into your union jack every time someone mentions the SNP.

Raging? It's trophy day, I'm buzzing. 

It would be pretty strange to get wound up from someone devoid of the required intelligence to understand what a centrist is... 

People can mention the SNP all they want I find it hilarious that some of the more servile mouth breathes are surprised Wee Nicola has delayed lockdown easing, yet again. Poor guys. Staying inside watching the big boys out having fun. 

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

Source please??

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scots-hospital-indian-variant-despite-24113860

Scots in hospital with Indian variant despite being vaccinated against Covid

There are believed to be six patients – who have had the vaccine – currently being treated for complications suspected to be related to the variant.

Wife reckons she's contracted the Indian variant, so has rang work to let them know she'll be off Sikh for a couple of weeks. 

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Got my letter for a second vaccine today. By this time next week I will invincible.

vaccines don’t work m8, haven’t u seen the news?

That’s good news for you! Fingers crossed for no side-effects.

The only thing I would say about the people on tv, is that you are far more likely to tow the party line if appearing on tv. My views would be the exact opposite of those interviewed, but would have no desire to air them on television.
Your other point is exactly right and is a massive worry for all of us. SA has been over eighty twice (I think) in the last month or two and then down again as low as the 10’s. It doesn’t take much at all to get to that rate.  
Ours have all been school related so the high numbers have literally been for days but your right in a small LA like SA it only takes a school cluster to skew the figs. I'd hope that would be taken into account.

It would be nice if a journalist could read Sturgeon's words about the circuit breaker and the need to protect the NHS back to her and ask her how she justifies this extension.

I think if/when the June 21st easing that has been everyone's target for months gets rebranded to maintain SD there will be a big shift in public opinion. 

12 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I mean - the vaccines clearly aren't good enough.

image.png.607c51fbd82660be36796875c845f7fb.png

Wonder what could be causing the big difference in hospital admissions between young and old over the course of the pandemic versus recently... 🤔

hosp.png

Edited by Ginaro

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

What's that tosser on about? There are low figures for Aberdeen and Edinburgh and have been for weeks now. 

I got my jag in Gorebridge rather than Edinburgh- it was a bit inconvenient but seemed a good use of resources in that if there was spare capacity in Midlothian why not use it if people can get there? Meanwhile Ma Bam being auld got her two jags at her GPs.

Have any of our Glasgow posters been offered appointments in Paisley, Hamilton or Airdrie for example or have you all been vaccinated in Glasgow?

1 hour ago, G51 said:

thank you brother. should st johnstone win the cup next weekend, i hope st johnstone fans take over perth (which is scotlands actual capital btw, f**k off edinburgh) and have an absolutely brilliant time.

Perth will be a riot next weekend should we win the cup and I’d expect Leith to be the same.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Don't kid yourself on that your precious fucking tories would be doing anything other than the same thing. Don't get it twisted here, my post criticising the SNP is NOT an endorsement of the tories. Had the tories been doing this though (which they undoubtedly would) there would be outrage from the same people who are currently endorsing the SG. 

My overriding concern is that there is no pushback anywhere on the political spectrum, which is a dreadful thing. 

Also, don't bother using my post as an opportunity to thank anyone for anything, I don't want anything to do with your rambling 'life would have been better under the conservatives' garbage. 

They quite literally are, though

Well this makes it clear...

As scientists issue warnings, Edward Argar says the variant could be more – or less – transmissible

...it's almost as if they're guessing!

Edited by btb

It would be nice if a journalist could read Sturgeon's words about the circuit breaker and the need to protect the NHS back to her and ask her how she justifies this extension.
I think if/when the June 21st easing that has been everyone's target for months gets rebranded to maintain SD there will be a big shift in public opinion. 
Portuguese bar owner interviewed on tv this morning telling us Brits how will will be enjoying a lovely normal holiday on the Algarve this summer. The interviewer interrupted at that point to ask if he meant they expected to drop the SD and masks in all outdoor situations to which the guy replied no these are the normal for everyone now. Seems it's not just here and f**k going abroad in those conditions.

The Daily Record backing up their earlier story with something one of them heard on BBC Radio 4 then found more in the Daily Star. Tinpot journalism at its finest.
I would have thought that vaccines are less effective if someone has a very weak or no immune system and depending on how much exposure to the virus that person has had. For a completely healthy vaccinated person with a fully functional immune system, even this Indian variant shouldn't be much of a problem.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/covid-jabs-almost-certainly-less-24114680

Covid jabs 'almost certainly less effective' against Indian variant expert warns as six vaccinated Scots in hospital

By Joshua Smith Digital News Reporter Jon Hebditch Reporter   Professor Anthony Harnden, the deputy chair of the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI), told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "The vaccines may be less effective against mild disease but we don't think they're less effective against severe disease.
"But in combination with being less effective against mild disease, they're almost certainly less effective against transmission."
The Daily Star reports that he also defended the approach of bringing forward second jabs rather than speeding up the rollout to younger people.
Professor Anthony Harnden told BBC Radio 4's Today programme that targeting more vulnerable people with full immunity is a "better strategy".
He said: "The reason we think this is if we immunise 18-29 year olds, for instance, in these areas we'll be taking vaccines from somebody else in the country.
"The vaccines may be less effective against transmission and immunity takes a number of weeks to develop, so it's not a very good strategy for preventing transmission, what we want is to prevent disease.
"From a vaccination strategy it just won't help mass-vaccinating a number of young people at the expense of older people who haven't been vaccinated."

It's noted that he seems unaware that 18-29 year olds are already been vaccinated in hot spot areas of the country and that the majority of older people as he calls them have already been vaccinated at least once if not twice.

f**k me better lock the entire country again because another "expert" that almost certainly wont be making a bomb from the whole pandemic has said we're all doomed due to this new variant.

Going to get myself a dose of the Pfizer goodness today.

I'm at the lower end of the 30-39 age group, but our GP practice has been on the ball with reserve lists in order to minimise vaccine wastage. If appointment slots aren't booked, they'll open them up to younger age groups. You don't need to be a patient at the surgery either for the reserve list. 

I wasn't expecting to  get vaccinated until June, but absolutely delighted. 

13 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Covid jabs 'almost certainly less effective' against Indian variant expert warns as six vaccinated Scots in hospital

Professor Anthony Harnden, the deputy chair of the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI), told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "The vaccines may be less effective against mild disease but we don't think they're less effective against severe disease.

"But in combination with being less effective against mild disease, they're almost certainly less effective against transmission."

I mean, no-one sees any issue between that headline and the comment that almost completely contradicts it?

If six vaccinated people are in hospital with the Indian variant, but the vaccines work equally as well against severe disease (which would lead to hospital treatment) then surely there is no drama whatsoever and DEFINITELY no need for such a fear-mongering headline?