Coronavirus (COVID-19)

46 minutes ago, virginton said:

In the event that we shitfest through on penalties to the final it would be absolutely ridiculous to have a 500 fan limit at Cappielow. You could fit in 1000 distanced in the Wee Dublin End alone in a completely open space. 

Whether there's any demand to watch our turgid drivel of a team slither along is another matter of course. 

I think the club via the council can request an increase on the 500 - that's the number allowed unconditionally.

7 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Yeah - as I understand it, the clubs will be able to apply to have the limit upped . Im sure its 500 without the need to even consult anyone, and can be increased upon request

Assuming there are decent numbers allowed I wonder how many neutrals would head along to 1 of the games just to go to a game again.  I'd be trying to get to one if I was allowed.  Not hopeful it won't be small numbers and home fans/season ticket holders only.

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Assuming there are decent numbers allowed I wonder how many neutrals would head along to 1 of the games just to go to a game again.  I'd be trying to get to one if I was allowed.  Not hopeful it won't be small numbers and home fans/season ticket holders only.

I'd go to one in a heartbeat, but confident tickets will be limited to home season ticket holders regardless

2 minutes ago, Steven W said:

I'd go to one in a heartbeat, but confident tickets will be limited to home season ticket holders regardless

I'm thinking Brechin.  They won't have 500 season ticket holders and have a capacity of around 4000.  Not sure how they'll handle attendance there.

Just now, Left Back said:

I'm thinking Brechin.  They won't have 500 season ticket holders and have a capacity of around 4000.  Not sure how they'll handle attendance there.

They'll maybe be told to limit the game to season ticket holders only? (I know thats less than 500)

19 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Lots of positive rumours from travel journalists today on twitter re travel! 

Anything specific caught your eye?

9 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

USA may announce green list status. 
Travel companies driving down test costs and lft’s for many destinations.

Good stuff. I just hope that they bin the requirement for any testing for fully vaxxed people once the rollout has been made available to all. Surely they have to. For starters, most if not all of Europe is going to do this so it would put the UK at a disadvantage.

One concern I do have is how they are going to handle the situation over the coming autumn and winter. Will they shit the bed if/when cases rise, even if the link is clearly broken between hospitalisations and deaths?

5 minutes ago, Elixir said:

One concern I do have is how they are going to handle the situation over the coming autumn and winter. Will they shit the bed if/when cases rise, even if the link is clearly broken between hospitalisations and deaths?

Part of our business is a winter ski hotel in France and we are at the level of bookings for winter 2021/22 that we would expect to be at in September or October so in the main customer confidence is high. 

236 new cases of COVID-19 reported

21,273 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

1.2% of these were positive

1 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive

8 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (down from 11)

68 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (up from 58)

2,876,633 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 1,424,208 have received their second dose

There's something a bit odd about the hospital numbers over the last few days. The last 4 days figures have been 58, 69, 58. 68.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

26 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Is that the USA opening up to the UK as the list will be meaningless  if you cannot enter a county under their own rules.

48 minutes ago, Left Back said:

That thought went through my head and i've been lucky enough to be at the majority of our games this season and have a third trip to Hampden this season to look forward to this weekend.

I won't go in the hope that as many of the two competing teams fans can go and watch their own team.

Is it 4 Nations approach or is Shapps announcement for England only ?

Only England. Scotland and Wales currently do not have a government, so it’ll be upto the First Ministers to make the call on Monday.

14 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

There's something a bit odd about the hospital numbers over the last few days. The last 4 days figures have been 58, 69, 58. 68.

Yeah what the f**k is going on with the hospital numbers here? I hope someone explains this as it can’t be right.

There's no way there's not an error with those numbers.  Or they're counting it wrong.

Up 11, down 10, up 10 in the last 3 days?  No chance.

Edited by TheScarf

There's no way there's not an error with those numbers.  Or they're counting it wrong.
Up 11, down 10, up 10 in the last 3 days?  No chance.
Its really not doing my humidor any good, door open... door shut... door open

15 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
50 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Is it 4 Nations approach or is Shapps announcement for England only ?

England, but anyone with sense is moving flights to England for this summer. Hope we do get a decent Scottish response but not hopeful.