Coronavirus (COVID-19)

20 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

This new looking down your nose at those unvaccinated needs binned asap 

I dunno, if someone isn't vaccinated because they think Bill Gates is trying to control them I'm quite happy to continue to look down my nose at them. 

22 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Doesn't the global vaccination programme do the same, along with a few other things?  You suggesting we bin that too? 

No. The global vaccination programme does not restrict people's rights to go about their daily lives.

34 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It's a policy which indirectly discriminates against people based on their age and race, and therefore deserves to take pride of place in the nearest bin.

People actually think this way.  Dearie me.

I'm absolutely confused about the desire to keep vaccinated and unvaccinated people apart tbh.

Vaccines protect those who are vaccinated - If the concern is that the vaccines isn't 100% effective (a ridiculous concern in itself), then what is the danger of them being next to someone unvaccinated that doesn't exist if they are next to someone vaccinated?

Edited by Todd_is_God

18 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Good grief.........

1 minute ago, Mr Waldo said:

People actually think this way.  Dearie me.

Rather than just posting this sort of meaningless guff, can you please explain which part of my post you disagree with?

Which of these facts is it that you have a specific problem with?

1) Younger people are much less likely to have had a vaccine than older people
2) Vaccine uptake is lower for people with a BAME background for a number of historic reasons often rooted in institutional racism.
3) Discriminating against people based on their age and/or race is wrong.
4) A domestic vaccine passport system for sporting events, music events, restaurants, shops or anything else creates a clear two-tier system.

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm absolutely confused about the desire to keep vaccinated and unvaccinated people apart tbh.

Vaccines protect those who are vaccinated - If the concern is that the vaccines isn't 100% effective (a ridiculous concern in itself), then what is the danger of them being next to someone unvaccinated that doesn't exist if they are next to someone vaccinated?

I don't think that's the intention.  The intention is to enable social distancing for the unvaccinated.  

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's the fact that you are equating all of this with "discrimination" which is earning you some red dots. You've made this worse by saying it to back up a poster who claimed it was racial segregation. Intellectually, that is a completely ridiculous take.

Not a single person is disagreeing with point 3.

I'm not even sure anyone is disagreeing with point 4 either.

I didn't say it to back up anyone, I gave my opinon on the topic as I have done already previously.

It literally is discrimination, you are denying people from one group the rights which you are providing to people in another group.

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

What would you recommend they do as an alternative - no social distancing?  No spectators?  Only vaccinated be allowed in? Only unvaccinated be allowed in? 

Or maybe you believe social distancing shouldn't exist at all?  

Err... I would recommend we return to meaningful normal life as the vaccination program will and is completely changing the balance of risk and removing the need for such measures. The virus is going to be de-fanged and join many others we tolerate and which won't lead to healthcare services being 'overwhelmed'.

Or... we could choose constant reminders of this period and not move past it.

30 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Doesn't the global vaccination programme do the same, along with a few other things?  You suggesting we bin that too? 

So we've gone from trying to score quick points to suggesting we bin the vaccines because it has been pointed out that measures like segregation, i.e. vaccine passports, are a terrible idea. Fantastic stuff.

I thought these places had 'eliminated' the virus? Seems it's still popping up all the time leading to totally unsustainable policies. Another win for #ZeroCovid!

Precisely where the vaccine passport falls down as I have asked before....

If the vaccine doesnt stop transmission, then it doesnt really matter about mixing vaccinated and unvaccinated people.

If the vaccine does stop transmission, then it doesnt really matter about mixing vaccinated and unvaccinated people.

Folk need to take their nose out of other peoples indivudual medical history and focus on whether the vaccinations distributed provide enough roadblocks to the virus so as to prevent problems for the health service, and also to get the vaccine if they consider it inportant for them, or to help provide said roadblocks.

The rights of rhe individual, vaxxed or not, really shouldnt be coming into this whatsoever

45 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Rather than just posting this sort of meaningless guff, can you please explain which part of my post you disagree with?

Which of these facts is it that you have a specific problem with?

1) Younger people are much less likely to have had a vaccine than older people
2) Vaccine uptake is lower for people with a BAME background for a number of historic reasons often rooted in institutional racism.
3) Discriminating against people based on their age and/or race is wrong.
4) A domestic vaccine passport system for sporting events, music events, restaurants, shops or anything else creates a clear two-tier system.

You're one step away from saying the virus itself is ageist and racist

This article published from the BBC only today: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56813982

Barely a month into England's coronavirus vaccine programme, a stark inequality began to reveal itself. Black people were less likely than any other group, and half as likely as white people, to have had the jab.

By April, 64% of black over-50s had been vaccinated compared with 93% of white people of the same age.

The reasons for this are complex. Unethical medical treatment in the past, ongoing discrimination and personal experiences of insensitive treatment by the NHS are all believed to play a part.

But doctors, researchers and campaigners who spoke to the BBC said they feared black communities were being blamed.

What an absolute minter for the whoppers thinking there's nothing wrong with it, but hey, it's easy to try and score a few quick points over previous segregation comparisons. You know who you are.

35 minutes ago, Steven W said:

You're one step away from saying the virus itself is ageist and racist

I'll take this vacuous and completely illogical response as a "no, I can't tell you which specific part of your post I disagree with".

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

I just got a blue letter in for someone who lived in my home prior to me buying it. I imagine there will be a lot of that going on contributing to a lot of missed appointments especially in cities where rentals are a bigger proportion of households. 

Idiot not redirecting their mail

Idiot not informing their Doctor of a change of address.

Can't be that many idiots surely ?

21 hours ago, Left Back said:

Think it depends where you live.  I’m in the NHS tayside area and got my letter a few days ago.  None of my mates back in Edinburgh who are all roughly the same age as me have had theirs yet.

Said friend who's in his late 40s got his today so good to see they seem to be going out more widely here now. Doesn't help that I only registered with my GP recently and have the fear that they've mucked up my details somehow.

Sure it'll be fine and just a case of waiting a few more days.

7 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Idiot not redirecting their mail

Idiot not informing their Doctor of a change of address.

Can't be that many idiots surely ?

It costs money to redirect mail, and people are changing so many addresses with places that it would be easy for one to fall through the cracks, especially if you are otherwise healthy and therefore don't go to the doctor's much.

283* new cases of COVID-19 reported

35,576* new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

0.9%* of these were positive

0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive

11 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (down from 13)

58 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (down from 69).

2,860,635 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 1,400,296 have received their second dose

Please note that today's total cases and tests includes those affected by the data flow issues reported yesterday. On 5 May, Public Health Scotland were aware of a data flow issue from UK Government Testing sites. This issue has now been resolved.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer