Coronavirus (COVID-19)

20 minutes ago, 101 said:

Genuinely why have they done it then? 

I think they have done it to get the sector moving again especially considering Scottish weather isn't always conducive to planning ahead meals outdoors.

They haven't really done it, though, have they?

A pub which is allowed to open, but cannot serve alcohol, isn't a viable business, but is entitled to less support.

They are well aware that literally no-one is going to nip out to their local for a packet of crisps and a few orange juices.

It's a relaxation in name only.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
This isn't aimed at you, but the whole "both sides" scenario riles me. This isn't a Scotland v England thing. This is about a Government who have implemented extraordinary measures to combat a problem, which is now all but gone, and are terrified to lift them in case a small number of people get ill / die, and it impacts at the polls.
England / The Tories / WM isn't the opponent here; SARS-CoV-2 is.
Unfortunately we have a large section of the Scottish electorate who, when they aren't demonstrating an incredible lack of self-awareness by calling Unionists "flag shaggers" whilst busy shagging a different flag themselves, have lost sight of what the goal is here.
Who cares if the Scottish Economy, Hospitality, Events, Travel and Tourism industries are absolutely bodied for longer than necessary and take years to recover? As long as we have slightly less Covid deaths per 1m than England then the SG will have done amazing to these people.

This problem will be further exacerbated now with more and more people reaching their own "normality" threshold and immediately stopping giving a f**k about those reliant on the lower tier restrictions to come along.

That's already happened IMO. I've seen more parties on social media and in my street lately than at any point since last March.

Large swathes of people have essentially binned the restrictions on gathering sizes outdoors and indoors.

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

That's already happened IMO. I've seen more parties on social media and in my street lately than at any point since last March.

Large swathes of people have essentially binned the restrictions on gathering sizes outdoors and indoors.

Seeing this a lot too, and no spike in numbers. Vaccine FTW

If Covid restrictions still in place mean all Season Ticket Holders can’t be accommodated at the stadium for every game, how will the Club ensure that all Season Ticket holders get a fair chance to be at as many games as possible?

In those circumstance the Club would carry out a ballot of ST holders for each game, “weighted” to ensure every fan gets the best and fairest chance to attend home matches. This is how it would work:

When the ballot opens, all eligible and willing season ticket holders will be asked to log into their online ticketing account and complete the ballot application. 

A separate ballot will be held for each match to which crowds have been permitted by the Scottish Government, according to their physical-distancing guidelines. Please note however, that if a season ticket holder is successful in the first ballot, they may be placed into a secondary pot for the next ballot to ensure each season ticket holder has the chance to attend a match before we return to full capacity, and so on.

Supporters can apply for as many ballots as they wish. This – allied with the weighed use of “pots” outlined above – will ensure we accommodate as many ST holders who wish to attend each match as possible.

Going by this. I don’t expect majority of crowds back in Stadium by the start of next season at least. 

Confirmed the physical distancing in public places hasn't changed from previous rules, so the stuff in the media yesterday is nonsense. 

Stats from today:

178 new cases 1.4% positivity
106 hospital (up 2) 13 ICU (down 1)
2 deaths

Vaccinations
2,358 1st doses
40,152 2nd doses

1 minute ago, Scosha said:

NS hinting at July to get past 'Level 0' which you would assume is an end to social distancing etc. 

That's good to hear.

Really wish they would just clarify, however, that at the every end of the (domestic at least) roadmap is the removal of mandatory masking and distancing.

No-one would realistically push them for a date right now, but would be great to get absolute clarity that that is the goal. Would settle a lot of people down I think.

Yep, it's odd what boils people's piss but there you go.
Some people hate being told what to do and others, like Billie Jean King, are happy to bend over and take it up the arse without question or complaint. A nice wee compliant little sheep in a country full of compliant wee sheep.
Genuine lol moment. Point out where I said I agree with masks. What I said was that in the grand scheme of things it's not the biggest piss boiler. I'm far more annoyed at not getting to football, theatres or going abroad than I am about masks but you interpret that how you want. Masks annoy you more, fair enough but an odd stance from someone who barely has to use one.

2 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Back to local areas being in different tiers if cases get worse. Thought we were all moving down to each level together?

That is not what she said. She said there may be occasions where travel restrictions in certain areas may need to be revisited if there are outbreaks, nothing about tiers or anything else closing/changing.

Just now, Scosha said:

NS also hinting that travel restrictions could be brought back in between nations/certain areas - what are the odds one will appear between Scotland and England in the middle of June :) 

No chance that will happen as if the majority would ignore that. 

2 minutes ago, s_dog said:

Confirmed the physical distancing in public places hasn't changed from previous rules, so the stuff in the media yesterday is nonsense. 

Stats from today:

2 deaths

Vaccinations
2,358 1st doses
40,152 2nd doses

Like some others I was hoping the hospital numbers might be below 100 today. No big deal that it's not but it just seems like a welcome milestone. That said considering it's only 3 months ago that they were over 2000 (2053 on 22nd January) there really has been superb progress in that regard.

Low number of new cases and low positivity rate good to see too.

6 minutes ago, s_dog said:

Stats from today:

2 deaths

Vaccinations
2,358 1st doses
40,152 2nd doses

So basically 0.5 deaths a day over the last 4 days given weekend registration closed? 13 people in icu and 4 wards worth of in patients? 
Why no bringing forward of the easing? 

Stats from today:
2 deaths
Vaccinations
2,358 1st doses
40,152 2nd doses
BBC Scotland talking pish about something the SNP government are doing in the run up to an election, surely not?

13 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

They haven't really done it, though, have they?

A pub which is allowed to open, but cannot serve alcohol, isn't a viable business, but is entitled to less support.

They are well aware that literally no-one is going to nip out to their local for a packet of crisps and a few orange juices.

It's a relaxation in name only.

A pub that can't serve food and that has no outside area should surely be able to have public funds beyond furlough. 

I would hope that is the case, but could be a limitation of the funding I would expect us to at the very least match funding offered in other parts of the UK, otherwise traders who have venues across the UK may look to close Scottish outlets which isn't what we want.

I know in Fife at least licencing laws have taken a far more pragmatic approach and beer gardens that were previously refused have been given the green light to maximize feasibility, I would hope but it's unlikely that all local authorities have been as proactive.

Just now, Scosha said:

Clown shoes just admitted physical distancing will “have to end”. First I’ve ever heard him acknowledge that. 

He's getting fed up of having to have the parents chuck that baby at him to get baptised :lol: