Coronavirus (COVID-19)

23 hours ago, superbigal said:

Daily Cases Update:  Excellent day as we have total cases down 2.77% to 1579 & infections down to 28.9 per 100K . This now over 90% down from the peak.

We  have 18 local authorities under 20 cases per 100K.  There is a grand total of 43 infected people across Angus, Shetlands, South Ayrshire, Midlothian, East Lothian, Argyll & Bute, Dumfries & Galloway, Borders, Orkney & Western Isles.

Only 2 councils left above 50 cases per 100K, which should mean the whole of Scotland should go straight to level 2 not withstanding a change in the tide over the next 7 days. Ho Hum let's be grateful for small mercies.

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 10th April to 16th April  were 1624 now 1579 down 2.77%. Positivity was 1.5% now 1.5%.   Cases per 100k were 29.7 now 28.9

Home Nations Daily update:  UK Average  29.3 to 28.1 down 4.10%, England 29.0 to 27.9 down 3.79%,  Wales  18.5 to 17.2 down 7.03%, Northern Ireland 40.7 to 41.2 up 1.23% 

European (Above 2 Million Population) : Sweden 428 to 415, Hungary 350 to 394, Poland 355 to 372,  Croatia 372,  France 352 to 371, Serbia 352 to 314,

Special mention for Turkey as a popular destination at 478, Cyprus at 444 !!

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Under 75 Club could do better club

Clackmannanshire  50.4 to 60.1  Just as the tide is turned the residents decide they need top spot again.  

Glasgow City  57.3 to 57.7

North Lanarkshire  49.5 to 48.3

South Lanarkshire 43.7 to 46.2 3rd daily rise in a row mainly Carluke 

East Renfrewshire 41.9 to 46.1 Another poor day up 10%

Renfrewshire 51.9 to 45.2 Really great 12.91% drop

West Lothian  41.0 to 39.9 

Fife   37.2 to 33.7  Very good 20% drop in 2 days.

Dundee City  34.2 to 33.5  

Falkirk  35.4 to 29.8  Great 2 days down 30%

Under Scottish Average club 28.9

East Ayrshire   29.5 to 27.9

Moray  33.4 to 26.1 Dropping very quickly again.

North Ayrshire   23.0 to 26.0   

Aberdeen City  25.8 to 25.4  

The  🚬 Club Sub 20.0 

Inverclyde 21.9 to 19.3

Perth & Kinross    17.8 to 19.1

Highlands  19.9 to 17.4

Stirling   21.2 to 17.0  Wow top recently. Down 46% in 2 days and into the land of the Cigar.

West Dunbartonshire 19.1 to 15.7  Sensational 30% drop in 48 hours.

East Dunbartonshire  14.7 to 15.6

City Of Edinburgh  14.3 to 14.7 

Aberdeenshire  14.9 to 13.8

Shetland Islands  13.1 to 13.1

Angus  7.7 to 11.2

South Ayrshire 7.1 to 6.2   Still dropping  

Midlothian  8.7 to 5.4  On way to covid free 

East Lothian   6.5 to 4.7  Another possible covid free

Argyll & Bute  3.5 to 4.7

Dumfries & Galloway  2.7 to 2.7 

Scottish  Borders  1.7 to 1.7

Western Isles   0.0 to 0.0

Orkney Island  0.0 to 0.0  

44 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

This was the updated guidelines (this month) on gov.uk

Calculating the maximum number of customers that can reasonably follow social distancing guidelines (2m, or 1m+ with risk mitigation where 2m is not viable) at the venue. Taking into account total outdoor space, specific venue characteristics such as furniture as well as likely pinch points and busy areas.

Reconfiguring outdoor seating and tables to maintain social distancing guidelines (2m, or 1m+ with risk mitigation where 2m is not viable) between groups of customers. For example, increasing the distance between tables.

Managing the entry of customers, and the number of customers at a venue, so that all customers are seated with appropriate distancing. This is to ensure that the venue, including areas of congestion does not become overcrowded. Managing entry numbers can be done, for example, through reservation systems, social distancing markings, having customers queue at a safe distance for toilets or bringing payment machines to customers, where possible.

You’ve posted a few times now on this, and going by the above I still can’t see where you are getting that a single table with more than one household has to be distanced to 1m+?

When you say you’re baffled that any business owner wouldn’t realise they would have to open with social distancing even within a single table, I’m not sure why considering that wasn’t a requirement at any point they were open previously, including last summer when we had no vaccines?

You’ve posted a few times now on this, and going by the above I still can’t see where you are getting that a single table with more than one household has to be distanced to 1m+?
When you say you’re baffled that any business owner wouldn’t realise they would have to open with social distancing even within a single table, I’m not sure why considering that wasn’t a requirement at any point they were open previously, including last summer when we had no vaccines?
No idea about last summer now although Leitch referring to restaurants asking how many households made up a booking request sticks in my mind.

The guidelines I posted seem to be in two parts, 1st part I interpret as applying SD ie ....Calculating the maximum number of customers that can reasonably follow social distancing guidelines (2m, or 1m+ with risk mitigation where 2m is not viable) at the venue. That suggests very much to me that min 1m SD is a thing still. The next part talks about tables. All open to interpretation as Jeremy Vine was highlighting today. Some business owners were phoning in saying rigorous SD etc others saying they weren't following guidelines at all.

Anyway I see Bauld is backtracking on the SG guidance saying it's still open to consultation and is basically "provisional" and can be amended so might well end up not happening come next week.

33 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I am pretty sure I heard Leitch (yes I know) saying  at some point last September those were the rules, I remember being surprised as they were just totally ignored anywhere I went. 

Unless you are going to get folk out and about with metre sticks checking I'd and addresses I doubt it will be any different this time. 

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Hospital number  104  (was 109 on Friday).

ICU number 14  (was 18 on Friday).

232 new cases of COVID-19 reported

10,649 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

2.5% of these were positive

0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)

It is incredible that going for a pint outside (amongst other things) still isn't allowed. 

These are very low numbers, particularly the ones indicating an ever decreasing number of people are getting seriously ill. 

6 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

I am pretty sure I heard Leitch (yes I know) saying  at some point last September those were the rules, I remember being surprised as they were just totally ignored anywhere I went. 

Unless you are going to get folk out and about with metre sticks checking I'd and addresses I doubt it will be any different this time. 

I think he did say that, he also said that you had to be distant in each others homes when that was allowed too, but it was mostly met with a collective Aye nae bother Jason ….

Whats all this Nottingham talk? I can't get twitter at work

Why would you be expected to socially distance from other households outside a restaurant but not inside a restaurant?

I’m just commenting on how it is down here. When I go for an outdoor pint with my (up to) 5 pints you don’t have the staff asking who lives together and splitting us up into households on the actual table, but you do have the tables spaced out so that you’re not sitting right next to someone in a different group. It’d be completely unenforceable to have household distancing within the tables themselves.

I think he did say that, he also said that you had to be distant in each others homes when that was allowed too, but it was mostly met with a collective Aye nae bother Jason ….

Whats all this Nottingham talk? I can't get twitter at work
Nottingham city council were basically just highlighting the England wide policy of mass LFT testing.

It is incredible that going for a pint outside (amongst other things) still isn't allowed. 
These are very low numbers, particularly the ones indicating an ever decreasing number of people are getting seriously ill. 
BUT WE JUST DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!1111

I don't want much.  I want to take the wife and kids out for a meal at a pub, and have a pint with my meal. We did this last summer and the pubs we went to were really safe and secure. 

Can anyone tell me why this isn't allowed yet? It can't be the numbers.

Presumably as there's only a week to go until pubs here are scheduled to open, the SG have just thought 'fuck it they can wait another week.'

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

No idea about last summer now although Leitch referring to restaurants asking how many households made up a booking request sticks in my mind.

The guidelines I posted seem to be in two parts, 1st part I interpret as applying SD ie ....Calculating the maximum number of customers that can reasonably follow social distancing guidelines (2m, or 1m+ with risk mitigation where 2m is not viable) at the venue. That suggests very much to me that min 1m SD is a thing still. The next part talks about tables. All open to interpretation as Jeremy Vine was highlighting today. Some business owners were phoning in saying rigorous SD etc others saying they weren't following guidelines at all.

Anyway I see Bauld is backtracking on the SG guidance saying it's still open to consultation and is basically "provisional" and can be amended so might well end up not happening come next week.

Backtracking and amending etc is absolute nonsense, how can a business owner know if their business is viable, say a small cafe with 8 tables that just about gets by, but almost overnight they loose half their tables etc? They really are just making this stuff up as they go and testing opinion in the media, its amateurish nonsense. They dont seem to get just how many people will be left in ruin or jobless because of their desperate attempts to pander to the lovejoys. 

Backtracking and amending etc is absolute nonsense, how can a business owner know if their business is viable, say a small cafe with 8 tables that just about gets by, but almost overnight they loose half their tables etc? They really are just making this stuff up as they go and testing opinion in the media, its amateurish nonsense. They dont seem to get just how many people will be left in ruin or jobless because of their desperate attempts to pander to the lovejoys. 
It's just another example of the tunnel vision that governments everywhere are operating with. Its only when some of these policies get called out publically do they change. It's all so inconsistent.

They'll all sit there in few months and blame the pandemic for the mass employment (particularly among the younger age groups) instead of thinking about the bigger picture now.

Employment, the economy, education, mental health...these are all going to end up being collateral in trying to eliminate a virus that can't, in all probability, be eliminated.