Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Of course, the interview was nothing about “facing lockdown forever”.  If you can find that bit, I’ll hold my hands up.

What I’m “pushing myself laughing at” is the usual suspects having their usual, tiresome Devi-rant, and through it, elevating her to a position she doesn’t have.  She is one of a number of advisors, all of whom have slightly different takes on the situation which is healthy.

You know fine well what my point is here and you want to make the subject of the interview the important part? My comment on the interview was clearly flippant, but if that is important to you I'll tell you this, the subject of the interview wasn't fucking Pokemon, so why the f**k is she "accepting challenges" to talk about them?

I agree it's healthy to have a number of different views advising the government. It's not healthy to have those advisors on TV every day playing games with their twitter followers. When you reach that point I think it's fair to question the relevancy of said advisor, and I think it's fair to question whether she should continue giving interviews if it's a game to her now. You keep lapping it up and slapping your thigh every time she winds someone up though, if that's what gets you through. 

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Something tells me Sturgeon is still shiteing it, retweeting a story from a Daily Record editorial which looked like it was written at crayon aimed towards the sort of people who are gullible enough to donate to the Cairo go fund me. Basically dont expect restrictions on travel to end anytime soon. Hopefully the UK gv’t forces her hand. 

'Are two weeks in the Costas worth six months of lockdown?'

This deliberate manipulation into thinking enjoying our pre-pandemic freedoms means eternal lockdown when we will have vaccinated our entire population, with boosters if necessary, is honestly sick in the head.

2 hours ago, anotherchance said:

image.thumb.png.a5766775c3295eee2ad46f5c97a79e64.png

Clearly hating every minute of her increased media profile.

It's at the point where I'd probably get the jail if I aired what I truly feel about this evil witch.

And err, I thought 2021 was 'the year of the vaccine'?

What could they realistically bring forward? Let some of the stuff like gyms reopen immediately? Someone already said it but at this point bringing something forward from the 26th wouldn't exactly make much difference, given changes to staff rotas and stock may not be possible at short notice.

I was thinking more some of the later stuff to next week.

I see pubs in England complaining of up to 40% of their bookings being no shows, presumably they can't accept walk-ins if they are complaining about that. Hopefully folk don't do the same here, that's pretty poor not at least letting a place know you ain't making it.

6 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Can we not just class Devi as a jonny foreigner and double check if she has enough points to stay.
Get her punted back to the you ess of A

I'd strongly suggest that you stick to the data updates, because every time you step outside of that you end up verging on UKIP territory.

I was thinking more some of the later stuff to next week.

I see pubs in England complaining of up to 40% of their bookings being no shows, presumably they can't accept walk-ins if they are complaining about that. Hopefully folk don't do the same here, that's pretty poor not at least letting a place know you ain't making it.
My barber was saying they've had an unreal amount of no shows. Selfish people everywhere, it seems.

16 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Can we not just class Devi as a jonny foreigner and double check if she has enough points to stay.
Get her punted back to the you ess of A

Dont think anyone wants her punted, I dont care about her disagreeing with peers or whatever I just expect a government advisor and a professor of science to have a degree of professionalism and understand that doing pokemon challenges, undermining vaccination efforts and belittling mental health concerns with a ‘pull yourself together’ type approach that is universally accepted to be damaging. When you hit out with the ‘send them back’ patter you undermine people expressing legitimate concerns because Devi and her followers will only focus on that type of criticism. Not only that its just generally a bit shite. 

The barber I go to are doing purely walk ins. There’s no waiting in the barbers itself. You go to the door, they hand you a pager, and you wait outside/in your car until the pager goes off and in you go.

2 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

She’s living completely rent free in some of your heads.

I’m loving the rage she engenders. I can almost see the wee vein at the side of your foreheads throbbing whenever she is on TV.  Absolutely glorious.

This is just a really weird position to take. 

2 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

She’s living completely rent free in some of your heads.

I’m loving the rage she engenders. I can almost see the wee vein at the side of your foreheads throbbing whenever she is on TV.  Absolutely glorious.

I can't even be bothered properly debating why that's a nonsensical take. 

Just take yourself squarely away to f**k you daft wee boy. 

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Dont think anyone wants her punted, I dont care about her disagreeing with peers or whatever I just expect a government advisor and a professor of science to have a degree of professionalism and understand that doing pokemon challenges, undermining vaccination efforts and belittling mental health concerns with a ‘pull yourself together’ type approach that is universally accepted to be damaging. When you hit out with the ‘send them back’ patter you undermine people expressing legitimate concerns because Devi and her followers will only focus on that type of criticism. Not only that its just generally a bit shite. 

Not just Devi but I find it astonishing the number of epidemiologists or whoever that are wheeled out on the news who speak so casually about long term restrictions as if it’s just a minor inconvenience. 

If the threat of variants is so substantial to stop people going about their lives then you better produce a pretty fucking good evidence based argument and treat it with the seriousness and magnitude it deserves.

My barber was saying they've had an unreal amount of no shows. Selfish people everywhere, it seems.
Its not great. On the other hand, people are not used to, and do not want to, live their lives by appointment. I hope that all of the industries affected arent content to run with this detrimental model long term because it it good for neither business nor customer. They like everyone else need to keep the pressure on for full, not "something closer to" normality

The whole covid management is essentially a balancing act between health and the economy. On the news we get plenty of government health advisors, but no public economy advisors. They just wheel out Jim, pub owner from Bishopbriggs to make the economic case.

I'm not anti-lockdown but here been very little balance. Imagine if the daily stats briefing was "253 new cases, 3 deaths and another 47 businesses closing for good."

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
20 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Its not great. On the other hand, people are not used to, and do not want to, live their lives by appointment. I hope that all of the industries affected arent content to run with this detrimental model long term because it it good for neither business nor customer. They like everyone else need to keep the pressure on for full, not "something closer to" normality

That's my take on it too.  It's like adults who choose, for whatever reason, to not learn how to drive.  f**k relying on public transport your whole life.  Zero freedom there.

Just saw this on Sky...
Meanwhile, Israel has dropped its requirement for people to wear masks outdoors following its vaccine success - with people in the UK and other countries no doubt looking on with interest to see if it's a sign of things to come where they live.

Why TF would people in the UK be looking at this with interest given there has never been a mandated requirement to wear a mask outside here. This sort of garbage reporting from MSM really needs to be stopped.

Also see Hancock is to make a Covid statement at 3.30 today in the HoC, wonder what that's about ?

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

That's my take on it too.  It's like adults who choose, for whatever reason, to not learn how to drive.  f**k relying on public transport your whole life.  Zero freedom there.

^^^ lives in a benighted hovel with one train station