Coronavirus (COVID-19)

33 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

The article is behind a paywall but going through the tweets on their page it looks as if those pesky Johnny Foreigners on the European continent will be threatening to leave us with a cigar shortage. Holidays to the Med looking good.

https://twitter.com/i/events/1383699981903622148

I can’t read the article either but the tweets seem to be indicating we’re bothered that the EU might catch us up.  Fucking hope they do.  We’ve got our vulnerable vaccinated and our programmes is still going along well so domestic normality should be on the cards.  Next step holidays abroad.  Go Europe.

ETA Tenerife already booked for September.  Took a punt a few weeks back.

Edited by Left Back

15 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I can’t read the article either but the tweets seem to be indicating we’re bothered that the EU might catch us up.  Fucking hope they do.  We’ve got our vulnerable vaccinated and our programmes is still going along well so domestic normality should be on the cards.  Next step holidays abroad.  Go Europe.

Aye thought I'd get in early too. I've book Greece in 8 weeks time, should be fully dosed in 6 and flights were cheap as chips so worth the gamble.

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

Would Edinburgh not already be in 'level zero' on those case rates before they shifted the goalposts again?

Remember though, data not dates. xGByL1B.png

There is absolutely no chance of Edinburgh being in a different level from the Glasgow Proletariat. We’ll just need wait until these germ infested rodents manage to get to the right numbers. 

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I ahve sought the answer before IIRC, but I am sure I have no fucking idea what meta means

Remember the Always Sunny episode "The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award"? That's an example of meta comedy. The plot of the episode is about winning an award for a bar but it's clearly about the show trying to win an entertainment award.

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

The article is behind a paywall but going through the tweets on their page it looks as if those pesky Johnny Foreigners on the European continent will be threatening to leave us with a cigar shortage. Holidays to the Med looking good.

https://twitter.com/i/events/1383699981903622148

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

Yup, Europe blasting through it and catching up would be tremendous, frankly. I can't wait* to see how the Scottish Government try and pivot their border nonsense when it becomes clear the risk from vaccinated Europe and North America is minuscule and they open up. Probably some more utter shite mewling from Devi and Linda.

*not really

Edited by Elixir

This is probably what will happen in terms of the course of the epidemic here, but will we continue to piss into the wind for another year to appease the worst-case scenario moon howlers? Probably.

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

This is probably what will happen in terms of the course of the epidemic here, but will we continue to piss into the wind for another year to appease the worst-case scenario moon howlers? Probably.

Im still somewhat in favour of testing for entry into the country, but also think that it has to be drastically reduced in price. Im happy wearing a mask or whatever in a shop, even if others arent required to, I prefer it now as I dont like long chats at checkouts etc and find a mask just helps you get in the shop and away quick, I guess ive become somewhat a fan of armed robbery but i’ll pay for the goods. I usually get a few wee bugs and colds over the winter and found not unsurprisingly that I wasnt anywhere near as badly impacted by them this winter. That said I absolutely do not agree that it should be compulsory.

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Lyle, i get your point, but, you have to agree, we just dont know... we really dont.