Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Hope the c***s that were responsible for that atrocity catch Covid and suffer a slow painful summer.

If the social media rumours are anything to go by, the owners of the dug know a lot more than they’re letting on. The boy apparently thousands of pounds in debt over drugs, and the just giving page being used to reward the people who “found” the pooch.

It would appear it’s Shannon Mathews all over again, only with a dug.

13 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

If the social media rumours are anything to go by, the owners of the dug know a lot more than they’re letting on. The boy apparently thousands of pounds in debt over drugs, and the just giving page being used to reward the people who “found” the pooch.

She's now deleted her Twitter account.

17 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

496475764_images(11).jpeg.20ca6ca4a0c453df1da0ffcd4ac6746c.jpeg

3 hours ago, virginton said:

You'd think that somebody wetting their knickers about infection risk wouldn't be showing off their glorified tea cosy 'mask' which acheives essentially f**k all.

Full respirator masks, visors and disinfection suits should be compulsory upon leaving the house for these finger-wagging, hypocritical lunatics. We'll see how committed they are to their stupid hill to die on then.

You just reminded me of an obscure sci-fi novel I have where the Kirk have taken over a post nuclear war Scotland and everyone has to wear radiation proof suits.

It seemed faintly ridiculous 35 years ago too...

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

So 4000 allowed at Wembley and no tickets to fans of either clubs with only Selected NHS workers or residents of the local borough Wembley is in allowed to attend. Pointless nonsense.

In better news thoguh, theres a 5k capacity, no SD no masks gig lined up. 

It's outside in a Park, masks would not have been required anyway so the headlines should be focused on the no SD part. Still got to provide a negative test result to get in too. Looks like jumping through hoops is going to be the new norm.

40 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

It's outside in a Park, masks would not have been required anyway so the headlines should be focused on the no SD part. Still got to provide a negative test result to get in too. Looks like jumping through hoops is going to be the new norm.

I see it as good news. These types of events cant get sanctioned until they have test data. Even if its 90% obvious that its going to be ok, test events will need to happen to satisfy the governments. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I see it as good news. These types of events cant get sanctioned until they have test data. Even if its 90% obvious that its going to be ok, test events will need to happen to satisfy the governments. 

What are they testing, though? That you can't catch covid whilst standing outside with a large group of people who have taken a test to show they don't have covid? I don't know what can be learned from that.

What really needs to happen is for them to be 'brave' and just let people in.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

What are they testing, though? That you can't catch covid whilst standing outside with a large group of people who have taken a test to show they don't have covid? I don't know what can be learned from that.

What really needs to happen is for them to be 'brave' and just let people in.

That wont happen though. They wikll want their own data, commisioned and gathered by them to sanction that these events are safe going forward. I don't think that's necessarily needed but thats what they will want. 

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

That wont happen though. They wikll want their own data, commisioned and gathered by them to sanction that these events are safe going forward. I don't think that's necessarily needed but thats what they will want. 

I understand that, and you are likely correct. I just don't understand what data they will get from them that's in any way useful. I can't imagine LFT is going to be in place indefinitely, as it could be easily manipulated, rendering it absolutely pointless.

It's the type of idea that should have been implemented last year, rather than testing something that will ultimately be redundant in a couple of months because of the vaccines.

Edited by Todd_is_God

12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I understand that, and you are likely correct. I just don't understand what data they will get from them that's in any way useful. I can't imagine LFT is going to be in place indefinitely, as it could be easily manipulated, rendering it absolutely pointless.

It's the type of idea that should have been implemented last year, rather than testing something that will ultimately be redundant in a couple of months because of the vaccines.

We are in agreement thats its pointless, a waste of time and money. But we are also in agreement that it needs to happen to satisfy the decision makers that they are acting on data that they went and got. And so the sooner it happens the better. 

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

Just reading more about Wembley and as well as a negative LFT test everyone needs to consent to a PCR test 5 days later with full track and trace of any that test positive. Sport can't operate with those sort of conditions, it's bonkers stuff.

The LFT will hang about like a bad smell for longer than intended, but the PCR is surely the crux of the "test data" to be studied and conclude what, if any, transmission occurred which will inform the future easings?

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The LFT will hang about like a bad smell for longer than intended, but the PCR is surely the crux of the "test data" to be studied and conclude what, if any, transmission occurred which will inform the future easings?

Unless you live in a vacuum for two weeks before the event, travel alone to and from Wembley in a vacuum, and then also live in a vacuum until taking said PCR test, then it isn't that useful for testing how 'dangerous' the events are.

I don't want to go round in circles, but simply filling the stadium without any entry conditions, and taking a PCR test 5 and 10 days after would allow any positive cases to be mapped to their seat to see if there was any correlation.

That still doesn't take into consideration any public transport / bars etc visited before the game, but it's got to be more useful than what is proposed.

Unless the plan is to satisfy the Lovejoys rather than the Government that they can allow events again, in which case it makes more sense.

Come July there will also be plenty real world data from the likes of Israel and Texas which will highlight how safe outdoor gatherings in particular are.

Edited by Todd_is_God

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Unless you live in a vacuum for two weeks before the event, travel alone to and from Wembley in a vacuum, and then also live in a vacuum until taking said PCR test, then it isn't that useful for testing how 'dangerous' the events are.

I don't want to go round in circles, but simply filling the stadium without any entry conditions, and taking a PCR test 5 and 10 days after would allow any positive cases to be mapped to their seat to see if there was any correlation.

That still doesn't take into consideration any public transport / bars etc visited before the game, but it's got to be more useful than what is proposed.

Unless the plan is to satisfy the Lovejoys rather than the Government that they can allow events again, in which case it makes more sense.

One and the same at this point

I know it refers to Helen Lovejoy of the Simpsons but I'm of the age that when Lovejoy is mentioned I automatically picture Ian McShane in my mind.

Of course as that particular Lovejoy was slightly dodgy he'd no doubt have been awarded a lucrative UK Government contract to supply PPE.

Gave up my TV licence so just stream from Roku stick now. I'm sure I saw a Government advert the other night saying you could meet up with friends outdoors now as it was the safest place. The wind would blow Covid particles away. Had a catchy new slogan too. Flies in the face of stay indoors for the last year.