Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This sort of information will hopefully be getting hoovered up by legal teams of various industries in preparation of legal challenges aplenty. 

Maybe so, but I doubt the UK public will see the benefit of them.

By the time any verdicts are announced we'll be pretty much back to normal.

12 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The messages have been updated, they added fresh air to the hands, face, space slogan.

UK government "Hands, face, space and fresh air" by Freuds

No idea how the garbled nonsense of FACTS will be updated.

It's *not* been updated, as it still makes fomite transmission a focus.

Adding new things has always happened. But taking the outdated advice away never does.

Obviously "you don't need to wash your hands anymore" isn't what I mean, but the Government need to convey that it's not necessary to sanitise multitouch surfaces after each use, or your hands before you enter a building, because the impact is minimal.

There's simply no need for restaurants and bars to have to put santiser on each table, nor for people to greet and panic if the table they are at doesn't have any.

Edited by Todd_is_God

The messages have been updated, they added fresh air to the hands, face, space slogan.
EDspace-20210330020635696.jpg&key=b4a95e07b007fc669fc42e6c54b1dce6fed899fef1b88ee34e7447331574413a

No idea how the garbled nonsense of FACTS will be updated.

The advert always made me think they’re being held hostage by the giant letters.

Look how panicked the woman is who advises C is for cleaning Again and AGAIN is.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Some chat about a new Indian variant now in the UK.

Hide contents

Particularly deadly for your naan apparently.

I feel I should red dot this as it's such a terrible joke!

38 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

A lot can change in just over a year

1305158922_218695409(1).jpg.8ab5d6247e474bf0b456f8c7b0e16c69.jpg

That inquiry is warming up nicely, isn't it? Genuinely painful seeing this sort of thing from experts that are still in their positions having gotten it so badly wrong. 

Edited by Michael W

17 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Fans are back at games in Sweden as well, but with a limit of 8 per game - https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14645876/sweden-football-stadiums-eight-fans-coronavirus/

Great news for St Johnstone season ticket holders - they won't even need to hold a ballot.

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

That inquiry is warming up nicely, isn't it? Genuinely painful seeing thus sort of thing from experts that are still in their positions having gotten it so badly wrong. 

It's the tone as much as anything else for me Clive. Many people will be incorrect and I wouldn't expect him to deviate from the WHO in fairness, but the arrogance/aggression combo is something else. Just makes it even more annoying when he's wrong since he's such an egomaniac.

It's the tone as much as anything else for me Clive. Many people will be incorrect and I wouldn't expect him to deviate from the WHO in fairness, but the arrogance/aggression combo is something else. Just makes it even more annoying when he's wrong since he's such an egomaniac.

Do you ever wonder how much of it was just subtle ploys to get people to change their behaviour? Remember how blase many people in the uk were at the beginning, untill they went full on lord of the flys obviously

1 minute ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Do you ever wonder how much of it was just subtle ploys to get people to change their behaviour? Remember how blase many people in the uk were at the beginning, untill they went full on lord of the flys obviously

We were told by the likes of Jason Leitch that we didn't need to lockdown and mass events could keep going ahead. The UK approach was very much an outlier in European terms and it is safe to say that it went very badly.

Given that this was from our "experts", people were entitled to take it at face value and carry on as they were. 

42 minutes ago, Michael W said:

That inquiry is warming up nicely, isn't it? Genuinely painful seeing this sort of thing from experts that are still in their positions having gotten it so badly wrong. 

Leitch is another example of an "expert" acting like a voice of authority on things they do not fully understand.

As much as I loathe the likes of Sridhar and Leitch, the enquiry should focus on why "experts" were allowed to publicly air and present their opinions on topics far outwith their areas of expertise whilst passing them off as qualified facts.

This couldn't possibly be linked to 'long Covid', could it? 😲

Posted at 9:18

The fear of illness making people quit jobs and move home

People who obsessively worry about their health have often been dismissed at hypochondriacs. But for some, coronavirus has fuelled a rise in a debilitating mental health condition known as health anxiety.

In March 2020, Ben quit his job as a bus driver. Whenever he was off shift he couldn't stop thinking about how one of his passengers must have had Covid-19 and infected him.

Within a fortnight, Ben had moved out of his family home in Birmingham and into in an empty student house that his friends had left. "I kept thinking about being in a place where no-one was going in or out," he says.

Despite leaving home and quitting his job, his anxiety about getting infected still dominated his thoughts. Ben was experiencing health anxiety.

'Health anxiety took all logic away from me', says Cherelle FarrugiaImage.

"When people say it's just light anxiety - it almost took my life," says Cherelle Farrugia, from Cardiff, who runs a YouTube channel about living with health anxiety.

"When we first got told about this virus, it was just my worst nightmare," the 28-year-old says.

"I know everybody was inside but I couldn't even open my window. My partner would do the food shopping and I would sit there on the floor for an hour washing it. There was a real ritual over it."

Read more about Cherelle and Ben's stories here.