Coronavirus (COVID-19)

28 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Decent article instead of their usual pish tbh, touches on a point I've made already and one that has been largely ignored in most media, it's not normal behaviour to treat everyone you come across like they're a disease riddled leper. And doing so will have negative effects onus 

16 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Yes, back to normal, Nicola. More of that rhetoric and we'll be going places, all while papping talk of 'greater normality' and 'new normal' into the gutter.

I know its a tweet but its reassuring to see ‘normal’ used and not any variant (see what i did there) of the word, perhaps NS is starting to see the light (from all the cigars). 

I got the astra zeneca this morning. I'm 29 going on 30 in a month and quite physically fit I'd say,  no underlying health issues but work in Health Care although not directly front line sometimes go into hospital wards and care homes. Do some sort of exercise most nights. When I arrived they gave me the choice of waiting for an alternative vaccine given the side effects of the astra zeneca and my age/physical health. I decided just to take the plunge and get it. Since about 2pm I've felt like I'm riddled with the flu, shakes, shivers, bit of a headache, worst I've felt in years although I don't generally get too unwell, though I'm not letting it bother me too much. Paracetamol has been managing the worst of it just about. We'll see what the next few days brings. I still plan to go to work in the morning unless I'm dying more or less. Rest, lucozade and paracetamol will do the job I reckon. Cool story bro.

Yes, back to normal, Nicola. More of that rhetoric and we'll be going places, all while papping talk of 'greater normality' and 'new normal' into the gutter.

I’ve not been paying much attention at her tweets on this, but slowly we’ve seen her move from new normal, to more normal to just normality.

Whilst I can’t see any large crowds allowed until August. We’re heading in the right direction. I cannot wait.

55 minutes ago, Benidorm said:

I got the astra zeneca this morning. I'm 29 going on 30 in a month and quite physically fit I'd say,  no underlying health issues but work in Health Care although not directly front line sometimes go into hospital wards and care homes. Do some sort of exercise most nights. When I arrived they gave me the choice of waiting for an alternative vaccine given the side effects of the astra zeneca and my age/physical health. I decided just to take the plunge and get it. Since about 2pm I've felt like I'm riddled with the flu, shakes, shivers, bit of a headache, worst I've felt in years although I don't generally get too unwell, though I'm not letting it bother me too much. Paracetamol has been managing the worst of it just about. We'll see what the next few days brings. I still plan to go to work in the morning unless I'm dying more or less. Rest, lucozade and paracetamol will do the job I reckon. Cool story bro.

I had similar symptoms after the AZ jag for around half a day,  was completely fine the next day.

5 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I've long thought that advisers making public their advice is a mistake - if we were planning a war, for example, there's not a chance you'd have advisers discussing the pros and cons of different strategies in public.

To be fair, I don't think even the most mutant variants of covid have developed the ability to read or hear yet.

I’ve not been paying much attention at her tweets on this, but slowly we’ve seen her move from new normal, to more normal to just normality.

Whilst I can’t see any large crowds allowed until August. We’re heading in the right direction. I cannot wait.
Absolutely this. I'm trying my best to be a bit more positive as the old mental health has been taking a bit of a kicking of late, and the fact that Sturgeon is generally regarded as an excellent and considered communicator is giving me cautious optimism.

I'll probably still be heads gone at some point tomorrow though.

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

Balloux laying the smackdown in this thread. 4U0m6pP.png

As much as goverments need to be aware of how the variants develop, there's absolutely no need for the widespread adult nappy behaviour until it's proven that any variant bypasses the vaccine on a large population level.

The opposite is true as things stand.

38 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I’m sure this has been shared already but another great article from The Atlantic

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/04/end-hygiene-theater/618576/

Great article.

I think I said the other day, that (in the UK anyway) the governments and advisers must know this, but steadfastly refuse to remove any advice because they want to keep up the impression that everything they have put in place has been effective.

If they turned round now and said "we got that wrong; it made little difference" then it opens the door for other things like facemasks, curfews and closure of outdoor hospitality, closure of sports stadia etc to be thoroughly examimed.

I expect they will update this advice eventually, but not until after they bin the likes of social distancing and "rule of six" (hopefully) in June.

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Great article.

I think I said the other day, that (in the UK anyway) the governments and advisers must know this, but steadfastly refuse to remove any advice because they want to keep up the impression that everything they have put in place has been effective.

If they turned round now and said "we got that wrong; it made little difference" then it opens the door for other things like facemasks, curfews and closure of outdoor hospitality, closure of sports stadia etc to be thoroughly examimed.

I expect they will update this advice eventually, but not until after they bin the likes of social distancing and "rule of six" (hopefully) in June.

This sort of information will hopefully be getting hoovered up by legal teams of various industries in preparation of legal challenges aplenty.