ICTChris

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Obs I don't know what rules might be set in the event of a UK lockdown but here in France (as I've already said, sorry) we must stay at home except for certain reasons. 
Feeding someone's pet is included.  As are other things, it's a commonsense thing. (mostly) You have to tick the relevant box in the official form which you take with you and carry out your duties without hesitation, repitition or fannying about doing something else. The fine, if you're caught, is 135 euro. 
I spent most of Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, stuck inside watching the pissing, really pissing rain and I am now trying to regain a wee bit of fitness by going for a walk every day.
I was wheezing so much at first I thought I might have caught the f'n virus. I'm walking in the countryside, hardly see anyone, I'm allowed to do it and will continue.
I won't be going to any social gatherings, they are forbidden anyway.   
The idiots in the UK are not going to stop, you will get lockdown. (unless, by some miracle, the cases suddenly dwindle. Aye, right.)
Good luck all.

Dumb question but where do you get the forms from?

2 hours ago, JTS98 said:

How good are you at judging 2 metres? How much do you trust yourself to not drop your guard for a moment and do something stupid like shake someone's hand then touch your face? How much do you trust yourself to not touch a door handle somewhere when you're out, right after someone else has touched it? How do you know the other person has washed their hands? How do you know your pal you're out walking with isn't an asymptomatic carrier? How do you know you're not?

Pretty good and 2 metres would be a minimum.

Totally. Shake hands now? Who would even offer? I may touch my face though.

I am certain I can avoid door handles while out walking. Obviously I’ll have to touch my own door handle if I want back in the house.

I usually walk with friends, and I wouldn’t rule that out, but I am planning to just walk alone for now, or possibly with the kids. I’ll also try and find places with nobody there.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not really surprising is it?

Even before we get to total lockdown there is going to be massive reduction in activity as the weeks go on.

No not at all,we have been told as of tomorrow we will be delivering testing kits so will be classed as key workers.

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

I usually walk with friends, and I wouldn’t rule that out

Well you should. It's no longer a request. It's an order.

My son was paid off on thursday but got a email today telling him he was rehired but not to come in.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

Dumb question but where do you get the forms from?

Not so dumb. I downloaded mine and print one off each time (yes, it's the rule) OR you can write it out longhand (yes again, really).  If you have no computer type thing, you can go to the town hall and get a form. I don't know if they would give you a whole bunch.  Means you need to have at least a stock of paper.  it's bureaucratic pish, typically French, it's what they do.

So after being told that S4-6 pupils should come in to complete coursework and repeating that message on Microsoft Teams, the school website and via texts to Parents, we've now been told that kids shouldn't be coming into school to do this and to minimise the number of pupils in schools. Not great timing and also makes no sense in Fife as - despite the council telling us we've to go into school this week to be there for the children of key workers (and to prepare online lessons), Fife council have told key workers that they'll have to make their own childcare arrangements this week until the new "hubs" are open! So there will be schools open, teachers and catering staff in and we'll be expecting children to arrive if their parents are key workers but they might not now due to the council message. At the same time we might have to turn away pupils who are in to finish coursework despite being told on Friday that they were to do so. I know it's a difficult situation and that it's an ever changing picture but the amount of mixed messages, poor timings of press releases and the like is causing even more stress at the moment.

Spent today Group Calling kids to make sure they knew as well as replying to email to try and reassure them.

SQA have been bloody awful IMHO - the lack of concrete advice and clarity is just shocking

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

I wonder if there is an introvert/extrovert element to how people react to this?

Is split personality a symptom of infection?

I'm not sure.

.. or am I?

Over what? A virus that has thus far killed just over 5,000 worldwide and less than 100 in the United States? By contrast, tuberculosis, an old disease not much discussed these days, killed nearly 1.6 million people in 2017. Where’s the panic over this?

If anything, what people like Fauci and the other fearmongers are demanding will likely make the disease worse. The martial law they dream about will leave people hunkered down inside their homes instead of going outdoors or to the beach where the sunshine and fresh air would help boost immunity. The panic produced by these fearmongers is likely helping spread the disease, as massive crowds rush into Walmart and Costco for that last roll of toilet paper.

The madness over the coronavirus is not limited to politicians and the medical community. The head of the neoconservative Atlantic Council wrote an editorial this week urging NATO to pass an Article 5 declaration of war against the COVID-19 virus! Are they going to send in tanks and drones to wipe out these microscopic enemies?

People should ask themselves whether this coronavirus “pandemic” could be a big hoax, with the actual danger of the disease massively exaggerated by those who seek to profit – financially or politically – from the ensuing panic.

http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2020/march/16/the-coronavirus-hoax/?fbclid=IwAR3AwyFTvuHvz21yhxw7FB8vm2qPvcuwiM5d_n95-BtuvpEYIaRMDlHtcRY

Ron Paul 16th of March.

22 of March his son Rand Paul announces he has the disease. 

Life comes at you pretty fast these days. 

11 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Useless c***s, should have finished off with a chamois. 

That stop sign is clearly going to scratch a wing mirror.  They've a lot to learn about detailing.

28 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I have seen my drops go from 135 last week to 82 on friday,the traffic into Glasgow has been great though.

Are you my dealer?

5 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Well you should. It's no longer a request. It's an order.

Okay, I will rule out walking with friends. I will only walk alone or with the kids if they are going crazy in the house. In which case, I’ll take them in the woods, or across the fields and avoid all other human contact.

My fucking in laws will not listen to sense, he's 70 with bad asthma mostly because he doesnt take his inhaler properly and wont be told. She had a massive issue with her lung last summer.

Yet they are still fucking about going to shops, moaning everything's off, even a bit of a domestic because its mothers day and they can't come round. 

Honestly I do wonder should we just let those that are going out just go and let nature take its course and the rest who are being sensible just stay out the way.

On 22/01/2020 at 09:07, Hawk89 said:

It has been known about for a wee while, this is the first outbreak as such. Wouldn't be overly worried at this stage, just something for the media to harp on about to distract from whatever Boris and co are up to. 

Bump.

Simpler times.

30 minutes ago, mwellhighland said:

I've seen a very similar Weegie version that uses an ice lolly instead of a doughnut.  Which is the rip off, I'm not sure. 

34 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

In Iran the cars have coronavirus-

It’s not all bad news then. Business clearly booming for Tehran Wash Yer Van Man.