Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Yes I do, tbh.
Johnson will push ahead with the vaccine passport nonsense in the short term, as a token gesture to those who think it's "too soon" and, as was noted above, a last chance to give a friend a dodgy contract.
Before quickly ditching them once it's shown the vaccines really do fill the room with cigar smoke despite the rolling back of masks and distancing.
Sake! We're going to have to keep on wearing masks for all the cigar smoke about

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

You think it’ll actually happen though?

Despite the incredible progress and the undeniable facts and figures, I still have absolutely zero faith in our dickhead politicians giving it the ok.

The SG have to or they will be mass mayhem across Scotland if England is back to normal while we’re still in the ridiculous tier system. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

40 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

You could reverse the roles and say the same. People in higher risk categories quick to criticise those in lower risk groups who are out having fun in the sun. Maybe those we've gave up a year of our life for should step out of their own narrative of wanting everyone locked inside "just incase" or because of the big bad undiscovered "variants!!!"

Correct. So try and manoeuvre yourself somewhere closer to the middle. We could all aim towards that.

Why would it come here? Apart from the fact we are vaccinated up to our eyeballs in comparison, anyone arriving from France needs to stay at home for 10 days.

The vaccine is currently in the football equivalent stage of climbing the steps at Wembley, and is just waiting to see just how easily it stops any such wave here before lifting the FA Cup whilst helicoptering its cock in the direction of the EU.

4 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

The SG have to or they will be mass mayhem across Scotland if England is back to normal while we’re still in the ridiculous tier system. 

Precisely why I wouldn’t be surprised if they try stop it.

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

What's your timescale for back to normal?

When the worst affected get their 2nd dose of the vaccines then life should be back to normal. They would be no reason after that to keep restrictions in place. 

4 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

They do that they could lose a lot of support. 

Absolutely. Uncomfortably for the SG, UEFA want a commitment next week. No putting it off until after the election like a nice dangly carrot.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

Absolutely. Uncomfortably for the SG, UEFA want a commitment next week. No putting it off until after the election like a nice dangly carrot.

Is it still the 7th for the final confirmation?

56 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

You could reverse the roles and say the same. People in higher risk categories quick to criticise those in lower risk groups who are out having fun in the sun. Maybe those we've gave up a year of our life for should step out of their own narrative of wanting everyone locked inside "just incase" or because of the big bad undiscovered "variants!!!"

We've all given up a year of our life. And at my age that's a bigger % of what I've got left than it is of yours.

Yup, what a mug's game searching for what the National Clinical Director is saying about the pandemic, while political leaders are obliged to keep their mouths shut and people are banned by law from travelling ten miles from their house for utterly pointless weeks because of *checks notes* the National Clinical Director and his fellow clownshoe contingent. 
B4B69545-A189-453C-97FC-1DCCF933CE23.png.7604d4bf06687ba0612974bc06b69402.png
He was appearing on...checks notes...Clyde 1 Superscoreboard or whatever it's called these days not making any sort of official public health statement. Anyone that's gagging to know what Leitch said on an irrelevant football show when they know every word he utters enrages them is bizarre behaviour whatever ott hyperbole you dress it up in.

28 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Correct. So try and manoeuvre yourself somewhere closer to the middle. We could all aim towards that.

Totally this. We seem to be in this weird polarised state at the moment where you've got one side who are almost Stockholm syndromed and seem terrified of things gradually opening up again hopefully for good, and the other side who seemingly would have accepted any amount of collateral damage if it had only allowed them to continue doing X thing they like doing all the way through.

Hopefully the truth is somewhere in the middle...either extreme looks like a bleak future going forward.

No he's not, he is on the show as national clinical director not wee Jase fae Airdrie.
To suggest otherwise is delusional myopic nonsense.
His views are seen as a message from SG where he is a key advisor so anything he says must be taken as coming from an important government advisor. It goes with his post.
Aye if you say so. It's got to the stage that people are actively seeking his every word just to post how enraged they are.

If someone annoys me I most certainly don't go searching out their every word.

I don't particularly listen to what he has to say when he happens to appear on something I'm watching but if I heard he was specifically appearing on a programme it would make me inclined to give it a miss but hey ho each to their own I suppose.

19 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:
I think people forget that he's not just some nobody opening his mouth and letting his belly rumble tbh.

He's exactly that when appearing on shitey football phone in shows. Seeking out what he has said in a situation like that is plain daft.

Unless he actively changes his messaging depending what platform he is on, then this is head in the sand denialist stuff.

His mewling on STV News earlier sums the man up.

21 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, virginton said:

He was appearing on...checks notes...Clyde 1 Superscoreboard or whatever it's called these days not making any sort of official public health statement. Anyone that's gagging to know what Leitch said on an irrelevant football show when they know every word he utters enrages them is bizarre behaviour whatever ott hyperbole you dress it up in.

Erm no he wasn't champ:

6 hours ago, Scosha said:

“No we can’t because despite all data telling us otherwise, we just don’t know. A variant is out there, that will kill you all. Thank you.” 

DDF2D872-EE1B-40BD-993B-F12CE12B1A01.png

Desperately trying to white knight for that fucking gimp and making a complete and utter arse of yourself in the process. You hate to see it happen.

image.png.e5aee5948e1498b557dc56bf769f7761.png