Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, virginton said:

No, because you don't need to have either tested positive or even have had Covid symptoms to still self-declare yourself as having 'long Covid' in the ONS survey. It's an utter crock of shite then. 

An article/study ICTChris posted last week specifically stated that two-thirds of 'Long Covid' sufferers tested negative for Covid-19 antibodies. afCM0oK.gif

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

sacha baron cohen GIF

Scotland fans waving to #ZeroCovid nutjobs as they cross the border on June 18th

You think it’ll actually happen though?

Despite the incredible progress and the undeniable facts and figures, I still have absolutely zero faith in our dickhead politicians giving it the ok.

59 minutes ago, Michael W said:

https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/government-set-to-plough-ahead-with-vaccine-passports-despite-resistance-from-mps-and-hospitality

In the sea with this shite . 

Let us never again hear of Johnson's "libertarian instincts". 

It will be Test and Trace part 2. Funnel as much money into as many of their pals as possible but deliver absolutely f**k all.

2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Despite the incredible progress and the undeniable facts and figures, I still have absolutely zero faith in our dickhead politicians giving it the ok.

Cross border travel will be allowed by then, so don’t really see what they won’t be able to okay?! Guess they could advise against large gatherings etc.

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Yes I do, tbh.

Johnson will push ahead with the vaccine passport nonsense in the short term, as a token gesture to those who think it's "too soon" and, as was noted above, a last chance to give a friend a dodgy contract.

Before quickly ditching them once it's shown the vaccines really do fill the room with cigar smoke despite the rolling back of masks and distancing.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Anyone catch what that fuckwit Leitch said on Clyde 1? I had a look on Twitter but all I can see is that he said something along the lines of “look what happened in France when they opened up too soon”. Now if he’s actually comparing us with France then he’s stooped even lower than I thought was possible. A nation that has written off a vaccine that works and is dealing with the consequences of that is not in anyway shape or form similar to us. 
Why even go searching for what he said. Really not getting why people are actively seeking for every word he utters when they know it's going to annoy them. Seems counter productive that you would actually go looking for something you know is going to enrage you. Don't get that at all.

Got to laugh at “long covid” getting people’s knickers wet. Years ago when I had post viral fatigue for a year after chickenpox I was called a drama queen by some people. Same with those who’ve had ME/CFS it was deemed to be all in the head by the media for years. Yet long covid is given a free pass to keep up the charade of restrictions being in place 
I've no doubt that long Covid is real but there will undoubtedly be a few drama queens overplaying it.

In any case it should have absolutely zero influence on restrictions if it's only a tiny minority of the population who get it.

19 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Cross border travel will be allowed by then, so don’t really see what they won’t be able to okay?! Guess they could advise against large gatherings etc.

19 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Yes I do, tbh.

Johnson will push ahead with the vaccine passport nonsense in the short term, as a token gesture to those who think it's "too soon" and, as was noted above, a last chance to give a friend a dodgy contract.

Before quickly ditching them once it's shown the vaccines really do fill the room with cigar smoke despite the rolling back of masks and distancing.

I was more referring to fans being in attendance at the Euros. 

5 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

There will be crowds, just nothing compared to how many should be there. 

I’ll be going to London regardless tbh, mass gatherings everywhere. 

7 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Definitely. There are already fans at some games across Europe. Be unthinkable for there to be no fans at Hampden or Wembley in June based on the current state of play, which is only going one way.

Like @No_Problemo above, i'll be going to London regardless, no matter how much it might make NS cry.

32 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Scosha said:

Why even go searching for what he said. Really not getting why people are actively seeking for every word he utters when they know it's going to annoy them. Seems counter productive that you would actually go looking for something you know is going to enrage you. Don't get that at all.

Yup, what a mug's game searching for what the National Clinical Director is saying about the pandemic, while political leaders are obliged to keep their mouths shut and people are banned by law from travelling ten miles from their house for utterly pointless weeks because of *checks notes* the National Clinical Director and his fellow clownshoe contingent. 

B4B69545-A189-453C-97FC-1DCCF933CE23.png.7604d4bf06687ba0612974bc06b69402.png

Edited by vikingTON

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Definitely. There are already fans at some games across Europe. Be unthinkable for there to be no fans at Hampden or Wembley in June based on the current state of play, which is only going one way.

Like @No_Problemo above, i'll be going to London regardless, no matter how much it might make NS cry.

Aye, it is unthinkable for us punters but I get the feeling the government will be doing their utmost to prevent attendance. Expecting a fair bit of the Celtic in Seville and the 2016 SCF on here as well 😄

Just now, virginton said:

Yup, what a mug's game searching for what the National Clinical Director is saying about the pandemic, while political leaders are obliged to keep their mouths shut and people are banned by law from travelling ten miles from their house for utterly pointless weeks because of *checks notes* the National Clinical Director and his fellow clownshoe contingent. 

I think people forget that he's not just some nobody opening his mouth and letting his belly rumble tbh.

4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Aye, it is unthinkable for us punters but I get the feeling the government will be doing their utmost to prevent attendance. Expecting a fair bit of the Celtic in Seville and the 2016 SCF on here as well 😄

Doubt it. The FA have already said the plan is to have at least 10,000 at the FA Cup semi finals. There will be a significant number of supporters at Wembley.

The SG can either choose to allow fans at Hampden, or lose the games planned for there and look absolutely ridiculous come June.

Edited by Todd_is_God

4 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

There appears to be a lot of people in low risk groups quick to criticise those in higher risk age categories for not sharing their viewpoint.  Try and step out of your own narrative for a minute or two.

You could reverse the roles and say the same. People in higher risk categories quick to criticise those in lower risk groups who are out having fun in the sun. Maybe those we've gave up a year of our life for should step out of their own narrative of wanting everyone locked inside "just incase" or because of the big bad undiscovered "variants!!!"