Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

people, particularly those who have already been jagged, are going to put themselves first and say yes.

Maybe in the short term but even if you have the vaccine there are still potential downsides. If you are a family where one member chooses not to be vaccinated then you won't be able to eat in a restaurant as a family again. If you are organising a wedding or funeral people may not be able to attend if they don't have an up to date certificate.

It's also clear that this will have the greatest impact on BAME people and those on low incomes. Despite that not a single high profile 'left' commentator like Owen Jones or Ash Sarkar have made any mention of vaccine passports. They are obviously terrified to take a position.

23 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Maybe in the short term but even if you have the vaccine there are still potential downsides. If you are a family where one member chooses not to be vaccinated then you won't be able to eat in a restaurant as a family again. If you are organising a wedding or funeral people may not be able to attend if they don't have an up to date certificate.

It's also clear that this will have the greatest impact on BAME people and those on low incomes. Despite that not a single high profile 'left' commentator like Owen Jones or Ash Sarkar have made any mention of vaccine passports. They are obviously terrified to take a position.

Vaccine passports would clearly be a short term measure. To open fully things that would otherwise be severely restricted until it was decided to bin restrictions later in the year / start of next year.

A token measure to slowly move away from the corner they have backed into with their "EVERYONE IS AT RISK!!!!" stance.

Not a chance they are hanging around.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Has the Scottish Government binned the daily televised updates, due to election coming up? Long overdue if so, but I wasn’t sure if they are still going ahead but hosted by Methadone Mick, Leitch & co.

2 minutes ago, btb said:

How would you get a vaccine passport?

I had my first jab earlier in the month but binned (re-cycled) the paperwork the following morning.

You have a unique user name which has your details of vaccination on the NHS site so once double dosed it would be simple to put it on a card.

26 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

You have a unique user name which has your details of vaccination on the NHS site so once double dosed it would be simple to put it on a card.

Fairy Nuff - that'll be via my CHI number I presume.

Edited by btb

Got my first jag this morning at the local community hospital - it was actually the AZ one. As expected the process was very quick and efficient, about 5 mins in and out (Kenneth Williams meme) and had to sit in the car for 15 mins just in case i had a reaction. Great stuff. 

3 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Got my first jag this morning at the local community hospital - it was actually the AZ one. As expected the process was very quick and efficient, about 5 mins in and out (Kenneth Williams meme) and had to sit in the car for 15 mins just in case i had a reaction. Great stuff. 

Did you pick up some paracetamol on the way back...?

31 minutes ago, btb said:

How would you get a vaccine passport?

I had my first jab earlier in the month but binned (re-cycled) the paperwork the following morning.

There is already an NHS app. You would download that, do some sort of verification and then it would produce a QR code for you to enter restricted areas. 

Vaccine uptake in the groups done so far - at least in Scotland anyway - is upwards of 95%. There's some nonsense now on BBC about it not being worth doing vaccine passports until everybody's been offered a vaccine. As such, you'd be setting up invasive and expensive infrastructure to allow places to discriminate against an absolutely tiny minority of the population - some of whom won't have had a jag for medical reasons - when, by that stage, the actual danger to anyone of unvaccinated people being allowed in a premises has basically gone.

Sounds like a way of funneling more money into some private company's pocket.

Edited by Jamie_Beatson

50 minutes ago, deegee said:

Has the Scottish Government binned the daily televised updates, due to election coming up? Long overdue if so, but I wasn’t sure if they are still going ahead but hosted by Methadone Mick, Leitch & co.

Only updates on TV  will now be with the health advisors and only if and when needed 

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

What sort of "certificate" are you talking about?

In Israel its a scanner on their phone, nobody is going to be carrying around paper certificates with expiry dates on them. 

How long will it be until you can buy the government propaganda emblazoned on tea towels and mugs? Similar to the "Keep Calm and Cary On" shite you can buy.

Will anyone buy a "Hands Face Space" coaster?

29 minutes ago, Snafu said:

In England the over 50s are being urged to book their appointments before next Monday as the country heads into another supply dip, due to the delay from India. No word yet on how it affects Scotland.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56521415

It looks like a potential first come first served to me if they are saying 4 out of 5 in the over 50's and at risk groups are to book themselves instead of waiting for the NHS to get in touch. It should induce panic among those not vaccinated into scenes in supermarkets similar to the start of the first lockdown with toilet paper and liquid soap.

Can't see why they need to do this and just not continue through the list it make no difference to the numbers of vaccinated as one jag to one person. Same goes for those due their second jag.

The NHS said anyone who currently qualifies but has not had a first dose of a vaccine should arrange an appointment by 29 March.

Officials expect a slowdown in vaccine supplies in April and medics will be focusing on providing second doses.

Ministers say the plan to offer a first dose to all adults by July is on track.

But NHS England said no first appointments should be booked next month for people under the age of 50 unless they fall into a higher priority group, such as those who are clinically vulnerable.

Four in five people in the first nine priority groups have now received at least one dose of a vaccine.

Anybody aged 50 or over and people aged 18 and over who are clinically vulnerable can book themselves in for a first dose using the online national booking system for England before 29 March.

GPs will also continue contacting eligible patients on their lists and offer vaccines to anyone who has not had one so far in that period.

The reduction in the UK's Covid vaccine supply in April is partly due to a delay in a delivery from India of five million Oxford-AstraZeneca doses.

Indian foreign ministry sources have told the BBC the country has placed a temporary hold on all exports of the vaccine amid a rising number of domestic cases.

Just booked my first jag for Saturday & the follow up on the 19th June,  I'm 46 with no physical issues except HBP so not sure if I have just sneaked in.

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

What sort of "certificate" are you talking about?

In Israel its a scanner on their phone, nobody is going to be carrying around paper certificates with expiry dates on them. 

The UK government is calling it a Covid certificate. The EU are calling it a Digital Green Certificate.  

A certificate is a document that certifies something it doesn't need to be made of paper. QR codes make this no more palatable than demands to see papers.