Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

Do all these people *really* need to go into work? Granted you don't know what job they do, but that really isn't helpful at all at the moment. 

I don't think they do, given I'm probably one of them, however it's my company and their company the anger and disapproving head shakes need aimed at, as opposed to us lowly drones.

Ultimately most of us don't have a choice, we either say "fcuk work" and lose our jobs or we go in despite the Government warnings, face tripping us and put ourselves, our families and our own communities at risk.

As I say, if there's "blame" to be handed out it's the Government and the Business leaders that should be in the line of fire and not the ordinary punters who are merely pawns in this Chess game of life or death.

20 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Aye, but I'm different, you see. I'm sensible.

Have a read at my post where I outlined my Braehead walk activity yesterday. In the event of a full Monty lockdown, I will be able to go out for essential supplies and medicines only. I also said a few pages ago that I walked the approximately one-and-a-quarter mile route from my home to my local Tesco and back a few days ago. Under full Monty lockdown, I can still do that walk to Tesco, and the wee Boots beside it, for supplies. Can you tell me what the difference is between me being able to do that under full lockdown rules, and what I actually did at Braehead? The only thing is I won’t be able to briefly buy a takeaway coffee en route.

You want everyone to be shut indoors. Seem to take a ‘FFS’ attitude to anyone who still thinks it is OK to go out at all. We’ll still be able to go out under full lockdown. I also need medicine and creams for a permanent foot condition, one which resulted in me having to wear special NHS insoles and shoes. Walking aids the pain relief as it keeps me moving. What I did yesterday is, as I say, almost exactly what I will be doing under full lockdown anyway. I will continue to observe all advice, as much as possible.

You seem to have the largest brush available with which to tar every individual.

2 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Bad for the immune system. The wise man is aff the bevvy at the moment.

That too, but it's really sad that so many folk think getting pished is some sort of vitaal thing they won't miss out on no matter what. 

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

You seem to have the largest brush available with which to tar every individual.

I just listened to the First Minister answer a question about golf on the radio. Her response was that you should ask yourself before you do something whether it is absolutely necessary to do so.

Do with that what you want.

33 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Just listening to Radio Ulster - health care workers begging - begging - us to stay at home.

The appeal has just been repeated on national TV.

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

I just listened to the First Minister answer a question about golf on the radio. Her response was that you should ask yourself before you do something whether it is absolutely necessary to do so.

It is necessary to stay fit (ish) and healthy.

After spending 3 months completely  indoors, you'd be rather fucked.

I'll be taking excercise outdoors when possible, like pozbaird and others.

Guest JTS98
4 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

It is necessary to stay fit (ish) and healthy.

After spending 3 months completely  indoors, you'd be rather fucked.

I'll be taking excercise outdoors when possible, like pozbaird and others.

Her word was 'essential', my apologies.

It is not essential to go for a walk. I could get the jail for going for a walk at the moment.

I'm exercising in my flat, like everyone else in Malaysia has to.

Going for a walk is not essential.

Being inside is shite, but going out is not essential. Open a window, go to your garden. Whatever.

Again, I'll repeat what I said earlier. Once it was made clear to Malaysians that exercising was not ok, compliance in general with the movement restrictions went from 60% to 92%. Think about that.

Edited by JTS98

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Seeing lots of folks online proudly showing their stockpile of booze, as of it's unique and hard.

It's pathetic.

I won't post my stockpile but I bought my neighbour's store's stock of beer on Saturday - 5 cases.  We are on lockdown now and all alcohol sales are banned. I'm pretty much the only one who buys that particular brand so I have no guilt (well, not much).  

I'm not proud that I was able to walk across the road, ask for the 5 cases and hand over the money  but I was pretty chuffed I was able to carry them over the road 2 at a time - 24 bottles per case!   

2 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I’m actually heading out for a game of golf in two hours. The club e-mailed us to say the locker rooms were being closed by Sunday, so we all had to empty our lockers. They shut the clubhouse. They shut the pro shop. They’ve shut every part of the club where we might be close to another member or staff member. They have said if we have our own gear at home, we can come down and play while it’s still allowed, and we must observe social distancing. I cannot think of many better places where I can get my exercise, and stay away from people.

You do with that what you want. Sturgeon too, come to it.

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

It is not essential to go for a walk. I could get the jail for going for a walk at the moment.

Being inside is shite, but going out is not essential. Open a window, go to your garden. Whatever.

I'm obeying the rules in my country.  You are obeying the rules in yours. Sorry to hear you cannot go outside.

Someone going for a walk in Scotland isn't going to matter a jot when we have people crowded in trains still commuting to work.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I’m actually heading out for a game of golf in two hours. The club e-mailed us to say the locker rooms were being closed by Sunday, so we all had to empty our lockers. They shut the clubhouse. They shut the pro shop. They’ve shut every part of the club where we might be close to another member or staff member. They have said if we have our own gear at home, we can come down and play while it’s still allowed, and we must observe social distancing. I cannot think of many better places where I can get my exercise, and stay away from people.

You do with that what you want. Sturgeon too, come to it.

I'll repeat, for the third time, compliance with the movement restrictions in Malaysia went from 60% to 92% once exercise was banned.

Do you think that's good or bad?

It doesn't matter what anyone says, you seem to just want life to be normal. Like the First Minister said today, if your life feels normal in any way at the moment, then you're doing it wrong.

Stop being daft and stay at home.

Just now, JTS98 said:

Why didn’t you just come out and say that everyone doing what they’re doing in Scotland has got you angry because you aren’tvhere and cannot do it yourself. Everyone would be rooting for you to get through your more difficult set of circumstances. Unfortunately, you just gave everyone here a hard time, even if our actions are walking outdoors. Hope things improve for you ASAP.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, cyderspaceman said:

I'm obeying the rules in my country.  You are obeying the rules in yours. Sorry to hear you cannot go outside.

That's a cheap get out.

You're using poor leadership to absolve yourself of responsibility.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Why didn’t you just come out and say that everyone doing what they’re doing in Scotland has got you angry because you aren’tvhere and cannot do it yourself. Everyone would be rooting for you to get through your more difficult set of circumstances. Unfortunately, you just gave everyone here a hard time, even if our actions are walking outdoors. Hope things improve for you ASAP.

I'm not angry about my restrictions. I respect them. I understand them and I'm getting on with it.

However, I have family and friends in Scotland and I would like them to do well out of this. You seem to have little regard for other people. You won't even sacrifice your game of golf.

Step back and say that out loud.

29 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s a big part of it, but do we really need non essential businesses trading with all that entails, including people getting to and from their work?

Public safety services - NHS, Police, Prison, Fire etc. - have to run. As do the food supply chain and the supply of fuel for those of us in key occupations to get to work. Outside of that, let's get real here. Nobody needs a coffe on their way into the office, and as for lunch, you can make a pack-up.

A worrying thing I've noticed, and I'm not convinced it's a prison-specific issue, is that while our No.1 Governor has moved straight into crisis management mode and accepted that the usual KPIs and targets can get tae for the foreseeable, his Senior Management Team have a collective glint in their eyes that says, "imagine how good my CV will look if I can deliver x or y even in these circumstances". Utter cúnts. Most of us are just focussed on keeping the bad lads behind the wall and alive if possible. I reckon the Public would be happy with that.

Just now, JTS98 said:

I'll repeat, for the third time, compliance with the movement restrictions in Malaysia went from 60% to 92% once exercise was banned.

Do you think that's good or bad?

It doesn't matter what anyone says, you seem to just want life to be normal. Like the First Minister said today, if your life feels normal in any way at the moment, then you're doing it wrong.

Stop being daft and stay at home.

I’m not being daft though. Being daft would be piling into a Greenock pub, a crowded Scotrail train, not washing my hsnds and gobbing over passers-by. Put your big brush down.

Guest JTS98
3 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
6 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Someone going for a walk in Scotland isn't going to matter a jot when we have people crowded in trains still commuting to work.

There's no point in stopping people drink driving while they can still buy knives and murder people.

Just now, JTS98 said:

I'm not angry about my restrictions. I respect them. I understand them and I'm getting on with it.

However, I have family and friends in Scotland and I would like them to do well out of this. You seem to have little regard for other people. You won't even sacrifice your game of golf.

Step back and say that out loud.

Had enough trying to reason with you. I’m now stepping back to say out loud ‘I’m away for nine holes in the fresh air well away from anyone’. Bye.