Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Some deeply sociopathic comments in the press today by people who need sectioned. I despise these public health weirdos thinking they have the power to micromanage the population. Can only hope people will simply move on and not comply once they have had their vaccine.

It’s like the teachers have had a meeting and went “ right that’s enough positivity for them now tell them we’ll take there playtime off them”

The only thing to remember is if these c***s had it all their own way then alcohol tobacco and junk food would all be illegal. So luckily they don’t have everything their own way

Aye this level of sociopathy needs papped in the bin.

image.png.b2db1666706c80f1ce5bb034bf731b42.png

Because people are becoming accustomed to it doesn't make it the correct stance you fucking moron.

There are women out there who are accustomed to a punch in the ribs from their other half a couple of nights a week, you don't see anyone pushing for 'ach, we know, we know...but leave it as is because they are used to it and that's the level of normal they can get by with'.

Dangerous, dangerous people.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Aye this level of sociopathy needs papped in the bin.

image.png.b2db1666706c80f1ce5bb034bf731b42.png

Because people are becoming accustomed to it doesn't make it the correct stance you fucking moron.

There are women out there who are accustomed to a punch in the ribs from their other half a couple of nights a week, you don't see anyone pushing for 'ach, we know, we know...but leave it as is because they are used to it and that's the level of normal they can get by with'.

Dangerous, dangerous people.

He's right in saying they allow the economy to function, but only small parts of it.

Hospitality, events, sports and leisure, travel and tourism can barely function with them, and certainly not in a profitable manner. These are not small sectors either.

Another example of the type of person I described earlier.

Edited by Todd_is_God

The economy does not function with social distancing,  that’s a completely false statement.  

It might function for a few people who have no lives and consider meeting up with a friend or two for at a cafe to be a genuinely exciting day out.  It doesn’t work for anyone else.

If crowded events get allowed again, which they surely will regardless of what these wierdos say, then they have to be mask free too
1. Because masks will make f**k all difference by that point and
2. The opportunity for misbehaving is much greater in a crowd, especially at football, who threw the flare onto the park or shouted racist abuse at a player? f**k knows serg , they’re all have their faces covered

What a fucking shambles these losers are and their profession is. 'It's already been a year, what else can we do to detonate the morale and mental wellbeing of large swathes of the population?' I know, let's tell them we'll continue in self-harming stasis long after the acute health crisis is over.

A truly fantastic vote of confidence in the vaccines they want younger people to take too, when in fact, it won't actually give them their full lives back? Just tremendous messaging!

8 minutes ago, Elixir said:

What a fucking shambles these losers are and their profession is. 'It's already been a year, what else can we do to detonate the morale and mental wellbeing of large swathes of the population?' I know, let's tell them we'll continue in self-harming stasis long after the acute health crisis is over.

A truly fantastic vote of confidence in the vaccines they want younger people to take too, when in fact, it won't actually give them their full lives back? Just tremendous messaging!

Exactly. Take this vaccine that some people are pretty sceptical about, but remember it isn't totally effective, doesn't completely stop transmission, and won't even get rid of the most onerous restrictions. And this is a vaccine for a disease that you are statistically unlikely to suffer any meaningful symptoms from. 

They are highlighting all the wrong shit. Muppets

4 hours ago, Michael W said:

Surely a spike would be apparent in UK under 50s as well amongst the younger population (doctors, nurses, care workers etc.) that have had the vaccine too? Unless they generally got Pfizer and there's insufficient data. 

In Scotland we're sitting at 54% AZ & 46% Pfizer administered, but that's very much down to the massive increase in the Oxford AZ vaccine being used more latterly.

As NHS staff & care workers (NHS especially) were amongst the first to get their vaccinations when we had far more stock of Pfizer than Oxford AZ, then it seems very likely that most had Pfizer. It wasn't until the middle of Jan that stocks of Oxford AZ started to really increase.

Aye but remember WE JUST DON'T KNOW.

29 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Exactly. Take this vaccine that some people are pretty sceptical about, but remember it isn't totally effective, doesn't completely stop transmission, and won't even get rid of the most onerous restrictions. And this is a vaccine for a disease that you are statistically unlikely to suffer any meaningful symptoms from. 

They are highlighting all the wrong shit. Muppets

It is literally a shadow form of anti-vaxx. Unbelievable really.

Edit: and this narrative has actually found its way into anti-vaxx circles. We have all been told since the get go that a vaccine will solve all this, but now you also read among some of the public how a different variant could make the vaccines useless and that the pandemic would be back to the beginning, which is just non-scientific nonsense. All of this is the result of terrible messaging meant to coerce people rather than educate them - all from people who think they have the solutions to this problem, when evidently, they don't.

Edited by Elixir

Right it's been about 48 hours now and I'm feeling human again. The side effects were like a mini bout of covid again for myself headache, tired feeling absolutly fucked, hot cold sweating shivering. There was a load of us got the jag and I would say out of about 30 people over half suffered side effects to varying degrees.  There were also other effects such as the howling shits which led to lot of this 🇯🇵.  Pins and needles in the injected arm, nausea and sickness and weak limbs jelly legs etc.

We all had the astra zeneca likely from the same batch if that makes any difference. I don't know about any wide ranging side effects from Pfizer so can't comment on that. 

Would it stop me recommending it to anyone else. No this is part of how it works I just hope the booster is a lot easier when I go back in June.

Just now, DMCs said:

What a day lads. The light at the end of tunnel is coming closer and closer.

Not if the messaging from 'public health experts' is anything to go by. The virus crushing vaccines would appear to matter for little in getting us restriction free life back.

The daily figures website says yesterday’s was artificially low - some IT issue meant not all of them were counted yesterday.  So over 100k over two days, which is where we need to be just now.

Great to see hospital numbers continuing to plummet even with those daily case numbers remaining high.