Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Scotrail reducing the number of trains is working well...

Both Governments talk a good game about social distancing but don't make it easy to implement. The journalists at Sturgeon's press conferences aren't even 2m apart from each other.

2 hours ago, Fact177 said:

Looks like they reinstated anybody who didn’t find work elsewhere on Saturday morning

Aye, seen you posted this in the other thread. Courier run the story last night that they've closed. 

Obviously decent news for the folk getting back into 'work'. Hopefully they remain employed when this is all over. 

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Currently on pretty crowded train en route to glesgy. Certainly no sign of social distancing measures or any signs that train seats / tables etc have been sterilised. Pray for me.

Mind me asking what it is you do? Unless it’s a vital job I can’t believe your work is being so irresponsible (well actually I suppose I can).

12 hours ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

Off topic but are there any good free games for a tablet, up to date on curb your enthusiasm and netflix is too much scrolling not enough watching. Holed up in a b & b with no telly. Strategy games that don't require you to skin yourself for add ons

Kingdom Rush, free strategy tower game, no need to buy anything, a fee versions available, all class.

33 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Glesga or Glesca, please.   :)       Or even    'Classcoh'.  

Normally I'd call it "Glesca", don't know what happened earlier !!

4 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Mind me asking what it is you do? Unless it’s a vital job I can’t believe your work is being so irresponsible (well actually I suppose I can).

Finance, unfortunately most of us are here due to our roles as we can only do a percentage of our tasks from home.

Don't get me wrong, if the company invested in more equipment and had actually planned this out better a few weeks back then I'm sure the vast majority COULD have been working from home, as trust me, nobody WANTS to be here and there are quite a few close to snapping I think.

The gyms shut. 

On their social media page the franchisee has got a group of members together and they're all running laps and doing circuits in the car park. 

She should have just opened the front door and let them inside to do their workout. 

Scotrail reducing the number of trains is working well...

There's been a massive drop in numbers tbf. I expect that's a commuter train and folk going to work. Leisure travel numbers have gone right down down this neck of the woods.

The last Carlisle on a Saturday is normally full and standing in rear two coaches and scattered bodies in the front two. There was 1 person on the train last Sat.

48 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I've been fairly calm about this, trying to not get swooped up in the panic, however last night after speaking to my mother, who over the past week has been working from home with BBCs 24 hour news on in the background, I went to bed with the utter fear. Shitting myself that I am infecting people or I myself am being infected, although I show no symptoms. We are all going to die.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Dele said:

The gyms shut. 

On their social media page the franchisee has got a group of members together and they're all running laps and doing circuits in the car park. 

She should have just opened the front door and let them inside to do their workout. 

Fucking hell.

Nearing the end of the day here in Malaysia. Initial compliance with the restricted movement order was 50-60% on Wednesday and Thursday. Since exercise was banned it's gone up to an estimated 92% today.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

There's been a massive drop in numbers tbf. I expect that's a commuter train and folk going to work. Leisure travel numbers have gone right down down this neck of the woods.

The last Carlisle on a Saturday is normally full and standing in rear two coaches and scattered bodies in the front two. There was 1 person on the train last Sat.

This is quite correct, however Scotrail have taken a business decision as opposed to a passenger safety decision, of that there's no doubt at all, irrespective of how they try to dress it all up.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Was that the driver?

5 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Both Governments talk a good game about social distancing but don't make it easy to implement. The journalists at Sturgeon's press conferences aren't even 2m apart from each other.

Neither was Boris at the end of his last live update when the three of them left the podium and exited to the back of the room. Pretty close together. Now, I am not giving Boris a hard time, it’s just an example of it being difficult to always, always, every single moment, keep 2m away from someone. As long as the three of them are doing the handwash thing, not snottering over each other, shaking hands, blah, blan, then fine. So what, for a few seconds you weren’t 2m away from someone.

Every single day, in his busy schedule, Boris will have failed to stay 2m away from people all the time. A certainty. It isn’t a lynching offence - nor should us going outside for a walk be one either. Looks like a full lockdown is 24hrs away though. Not because of individuals merely going out for a walk, but hundreds and hundreds going out to places guaranteed to attract hundreds and hundreds of others, and ice cream vans selling them 99s. Again, going back to a point I made days ago - I knew where the outdoor hotspots might be up here. Places I have been for a walk about a million times - The Kelpies and Falkirk Wheel. I deliberately avoided them. What I did yesterday was drive to Sainsburys at Braehead. Park way up at the petrol station end, and walk the River Clyde pathway all the way down to the XScape snow zone centre and back again. Krispy Kreme was open, serving takeaway. Tape on floor to keep social distancing. Sat on a bench with the coffee, looked at the river, hardly encountered a soul, never mind one within 2m.... with the possible exception of actually picking up my coffee cup from the Krispy Kreme Kounter.... had to go there, just couldn’t spell the last word correctly. 

The lassie placed the coffee down, stepped back, I leaned in and picked it up. For a brief moment, maybe under the 2m. Like Boris turning and walking away from the podium. Looks like the sort of activity I chose to undertake yesterday is about to be taken away for who knows how long. Not much I can do about it. Need to get on with things.

8 minutes ago, Dele said:

The gyms shut. 

As long as they're all keeping their distance, exercising in the car park seems like a good idea. 

This is quite correct, however Scotrail have taken a business decision as opposed to a passenger safety decision, of that there's no doubt at all, irrespective of how they try to dress it all up.
If they said there were to be no trains without the Government telling them to they'd be absolutely slaughtered for it.

Sturgeon was rightly having a go at the public going to parks etc yesterday but doubt Scotrail will even get a mention today.

Really mixed message coming from the government Mon to Fri its business as usual but stay in your house at the weekend.