Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:
No more cheeky wee Nandos for now, that's them shut.

Never understood the attraction for a chicken joint that can't cook chicken anyway. 

Come and join us at Nandos for a randomly cleavered piece of frozen then reheated overcooked battery hen

There's a reason they smother it in hot sauce

Anyway, time for todays unconfirmed coronavirus health update. Lower back and legs still quite achy. Cough there but not bad. Head still feels wooshy and occasionally off balance even when sitting down. Moving eyes from side to side hurts, especially when my head is turned. Trying not to do too much of that tbh. Still feel sensitive to temperature and am generally quite clammy.

Wary of any perceived improvements since yesterday started off with small improvements.....

I've been fairly calm about this, trying to not get swooped up in the panic, however last night after speaking to my mother, who over the past week has been working from home with BBCs 24 hour news on in the background, I went to bed with the utter fear. Shitting myself that I am infecting people or I myself am being infected, although I show no symptoms. We are all going to die.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

@CountyFan

I know there are others here who also drink in the station, but you have the honour of being the only one I remember, they are punting all their ales for 4 pound a litre, if you take any sort of sealable container down they will fill that shit up. 

That doesn't seem like much of a deal to me. Am I out of touch?

That doesn't seem like much of a deal to me. Am I out of touch?

They have a shitload of real ales, if you are into that sort of thing and you cant get said ales at shops I suppose 2 pound a pint nearly is decent.

As Senor Bairn has correctly pointed out though, I will be holding out for bulk Tennents

44 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Currently on pretty crowded train en route to glesgy. Certainly no sign of social distancing measures or any signs that train seats / tables etc have been sterilised. Pray for me.

Glesga or Glesca, please.   :)       Or even    'Classcoh'.  

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

They have a shitload of real ales, if you are into that sort of thing and you cant get said ales at shops I suppose 2 pound a pint nearly is decent.

As Senor Bairn has correctly pointed out though, I will be holding out for bulk Tennents

Ah! Sorry. Over here it's sold in half-litres. I saw litre and had a wee brain fart. My bad. (I blame the lockdown)

Yes, that's a deal in my book.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Correct. It's the only eventuality in life.

Are we all going to die as a direct result of this in the next few weeks or months?

No.

7 minutes ago, Helpma said:

No, we're not.  Calm down dear, and listen to that nice Mr Boris.  It's only a pandemic.

Make you're minds up eh.

40 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I am going to stick my neck out here and predict that the measure taken so far in the UK, and despite all the arseholes ignoring it, are going to prove hugely effective.

Whether that's for the best in the long run, who knows, since once the reporting reflects that, folk will probably start to get lax, and pressure will grow to get back to normal. We are probably a country well placed to have a highly lethal second wave.

Unless we test more, we have no idea how dangerous COViD 19 is. I suspect we are basing social distancing measures on data on biased test samples, testing only people in hospital with severe symptoms but then extrapolating that across the population as a whole to come up with a death rate that overestimates how severe it is. 

I hope the Government is ready for the ensuing mental health crisis resulting from making people feel guilty for stepping outside their home.

25 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I've been fairly calm about this, trying to not get swooped up in the panic, however last night after speaking to my mother, who over the past week has been working from home with BBCs 24 hour news on in the background, I went to bed with the utter fear. Shitting myself that I am infecting people or I myself am being infected, although I show no symptoms. We are all going to die.

Have a read of this,

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/22/think-about-the-best-case-scenario-how-to-manage-coronavirus-anxiety

Also watch this;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-51995797/coronavirus-stephen-fry-s-take-on-managing-anxiety

32 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

We are all going to die.

16 minutes ago, Helpma said:

No, we're not.  

Yes, we are. If not Covid-19, something else will carry us off.

The "No more than 5" rule has resulted in us culling 1 of the 6 from the office we were moved to. Sadly, it wasn't me who was allowed to work from home.

Had to drive to work this morning as the missus is now refusing to let me take public transport. It would appear that a side effect of Covid-19 is that speed limits no longer apply to you. Was rattling down the motorway at 120kmph for most of the journey(The limit here) and lost count of the number of folk who shot past me doing 50 or 60 more.