Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 hours ago, PWL said:

I had to go into the office yesterday to collect some paperwork.  Usual train at 7:30am which is often standing only had 2 folk in my carriage. The station car park had that's all but full by then had the total of 8 cars. Yes I am sad enough to have counted. 

City centre still dead. Basically only workies and Deliveroo guys about. Shops all closed as are a lot of the food places.  Masks been worn everywhere.  Based on that I'd say lock down where it was most effective is still effective 

Incidently, the office is on George Square and had received the treatment from the "Pee-pul".

IMG_20210309_120221.thumb.jpg.04635e3d535616aee3bd4be0102ca958.jpg

Normally I would condemn mindless vandalism but if you spray an extra R next to the first R that might be acceptable. 

This is the latest on the BBC updates - Sorry screenshot not working: 

Covid in Scotland: The headlines

• A further 691 people tested positive for Covid-19 on Tuesday, which amounts to 3.1% of all tests
  • An additional 20 deaths of people who tested positive in the previous 28 days have been registered
  • Another 141 deaths were recorded last week where Covid-19 was mentioned on the death certificate, according to National Records of Scotland
  • The number is down 89 on last week and is the sixth successive week that the total has fallen
  • A total of 1,809,158 people in Scotland have now had their first vaccination dose
  • The first minister tells Holyrood's Covid-19 Committee the exit from lockdown "may be slower than everyone wants it to be" but her focus is on "steady and one-directional" progress
  • Scotland's chief medical officer says the virus is completely different from last year and is somewhere between 30% and 70% more transmissible
  • Nicola Sturgeon says there is "nothing perfect or ideal" about the limited time S1-S3 pupils will have in the classroom when they return on Monday
  • Dr Smith says it is “highly likely” we will need to get regular vaccination updates for the virus in future
  • And the first minister denies she has a "secret hairdresser"

That's all from us on the live page today. We will be back tomorrow for First Minister's Questions.

4 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

This is the latest on the BBC updates - Sorry screenshot not working: 

Covid in Scotland: The headlines

• A further 691 people tested positive for Covid-19 on Tuesday, which amounts to 3.1% of all tests
  • An additional 20 deaths of people who tested positive in the previous 28 days have been registered
  • Another 141 deaths were recorded last week where Covid-19 was mentioned on the death certificate, according to National Records of Scotland
  • The number is down 89 on last week and is the sixth successive week that the total has fallen
  • A total of 1,809,158 people in Scotland have now had their first vaccination dose
  • The first minister tells Holyrood's Covid-19 Committee the exit from lockdown "may be slower than everyone wants it to be" but her focus is on "steady and one-directional" progress
  • Scotland's chief medical officer says the virus is completely different from last year and is somewhere between 30% and 70% more transmissible
  • Nicola Sturgeon says there is "nothing perfect or ideal" about the limited time S1-S3 pupils will have in the classroom when they return on Monday
  • Dr Smith says it is “highly likely” we will need to get regular vaccination updates for the virus in future
  • And the first minister denies she has a "secret hairdresser"

That's all from us on the live page today. We will be back tomorrow for First Minister's Questions.

I've seen this a few times in the last year on Twitter.  And its almost exclusively *** lassies saying it.

I don't buy the "different virus so we just don't know how it will react to easing" BS - It was first detected in September which means it had been around before then.

It was kicking about last year when restrictions were at their loosest so we should have a pretty good idea how it will act.

It's quite a shame to see the SG, who were once lauded for their openness and transparency, now lie / be economical with the truth on an almost daily basis for seemingly no reason other than to justify their approach.

Edited by Todd_is_God

25 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't buy the "different virus so we just don't know how it will react to easing" BS - It was first detected in September which means it had been around before then.

It was kicking about last year when restrictions were at their loosest so we should have a pretty good idea how it will act.

It's quite a shame to see the SG, who were once lauded for their openness and transparency, now lie / be economical with the truth on an almost daily basis for seemingly no reason other than to justify their approach.

Here's exact quote by Dr Smith from BBC website. Doesn't seem to unreasonable to me.  Key point remains getting jags in arms so that infection rates, while still important, don't have the devastating impact of Jan. 

Screenshot_20210310-135352.thumb.png.0e465e5ad45da2e87500640a9e0bd858.png

Edited by PWL

2 hours ago, D.V.T. said:

I would imagine so. Possibly lateral flow tests from schools as well?

Do they get counted in the numbers as in the last few weeks at work we’ve had to test with a LT every shift.

25 minutes ago, PWL said:

Here's exact quote by Dr Smith from BBC website. Doesn't seem to unreasonable to me.  Key point remains getting jags in arms so that infection rates, while still important, don't have the devastating impact of Jan. 

It's literally not "a completely different virus": HIV is a "completely different virus". This sort of imprecise drivel public messaging is only going to scare people into thinking that their vaccinations will no longer work and needs stomped on before we end up in a German-style mess of our own making.