Coronavirus (COVID-19)

41 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Basically, it's that they're amoeba brained fearmongering simpletons. Unless they say something I agree with, in which case: woaft, some boys 👍 

I believe the protocol is to post a tweet or screenshot from a scientist/public health official you disagree with and call them a 'sociopath' or 'psychopath', followed by a tweet or screenshot of a scientist/public health official you agree with. P&B face memes optional, but encouraged.

7 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Who was it? Gurdasani? She makes Sridhar look rational.

No, some other clown called Edel or Hengel or something. Part of the rolling cast of dummies, who come on and casually toss businesses and everyday life on the bonfire, to keep their weirdo insular bubble intact. 

29 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I took it as a way of him saying that whilst cases might rise among the unvaccinated, it won't really matter.

A few might get really sick, even fewer will unfortunately die, but nothing significant and that its just what we will have to live with going forward.

No idea what's rattled @madwullie but he is showing all the signs of Lockdown Easeanoia and should probably seek help to allow him to rejoin the big bad world soon.

BTW, Lockdown Easeanoia is hands down the worst banter seen on this thread since the abject horror of Lockdownphiles. It might even trump it tbh. Sorry

Edited by madwullie

3 minutes ago, madwullie said:

BTW, Lockdown Easeanoia is hands down the worst banter seen on this thread since the abject horror of Lockdownphiles. It might even trump it tbh

Quoting the same post twice, 13 minutes apart, is far worse buddy

Spoiler

ribery.gif

Edited by Todd_is_God

Nice to be a healthy guy in his 20s who's obeyed lockdown rules for a year and will still have to live by them, finding out that an old couple near your work have booked flights to get abroad next month, while a bunch of fannies can travel across the city to stand about in a building for an hour.

Someone, somewhere, has forgotten why the lockdown even started.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

The idea that putting in place some body to adjudicate who is responsible for arrests of football fans in the surrounds of grounds on match days is possible or even desirable is crazy.

Fans of non Old Firm clubs are being very naive if they think something like strict liability would only affect Celtic and Rangers. The Offensive Behaviour at Football Act was used to prosecute fans of many different clubs, I’m sure the first person jailed under it was an Ayr Utd fan.

I was talking about this at work today and had colleagues say the season should be cancelled because having more games risks events like the weekend and further spread of the virus and extension of lockdown. Sometimes football fans forget that most people in Scotland don’t care about football and would happily see the season binned, games behind closed doors for the next year and no Euros.

The anti-sectarian task force last put together( FoCUS) had utterly mental statistics in terms of where they were deployed, incidents they noted and arrests they made.  Ayr were by far the most targeted club, with a few others coming ahead of the old firm,  and that didn't even take into account relative fan bases.  They can make whatever noises they want, but unless the various authorities stop giving the OF the ridiculous amount of leeway they currently receive then I have zero confidence that any clampdown will help in the behavior of 2 clubs. Your ordinary fan of every club will instead receive increased harassment.

Its not strict liability or taskforces needed,  its a set of balls and an admittance of where the issues are caused.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Some absolute psycho on Channel 4 saying that she 'hopes' masks and social distancing remain through winter and 'that's okay because it doesn't mean lockdown and things won't close. Except for, err, all the businesses and sectors of the economy that cannot function with your idiotic, social distancing, but that's fine. More goalpost-shifting nonsense. 

Head flushed down the toilet material, right there. 

I very lightly agree that mask wearing should be encouraged for a good while yet, and perhaps should be the last thing to go.  But social distancing is by far the biggest pain in the arse about all of this.  Society is in Lockdown and we are not functioning properly as human beings until it gets to f**k.  Getting rid of it should be the essential aim of any route out of this.

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

It's genuinely one of the few things that have really pissed me off about the regulations. Just about everything else, at least at the time they were made, I could see the logic in. Sure, maybe I thought some details were too strict, but I could see the argument behind them. 

This is just absolute nuts, considering what else is banned. There is really no other explanation for it beyond pandering to the religious. If 50 odd folk can pile into the pews, there's really no justification for saying that a handful of mates can't get together for a coffee, or have a game of football or whatever. 

Has anyone expressing similar sentiments to the above considered that the reason for opening places of worship may be to allow bereaved families to mourn their lost ones without restrictions on numbers?

Edited by Barney Rubble

4 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Has anyone expressing similar sentiments to the above considered that the reason for opening places of worship may be to allow bereaved families to mourn their lost ones without restrictions on numbers?

I don't believe that is the main thought process at all.

NS all but said they were doing it because a lot of religious festivals were coming up.

8 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

There have previously been specific exemptions to the rules for funerals (and weddings) - these could have been continued separately. This stuff was specifically identified as being about religious festivals.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

There have previously been specific exemptions to the rules for funerals (and weddings) - these could have been continued separately. This stuff was specifically identified as being about religious festivals.

Hadn't realised that as I didn't listen to the briefing - thanks for the clarification.

27 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I very lightly agree that mask wearing should be encouraged for a good while yet, and perhaps should be the last thing to go.  But social distancing is by far the biggest pain in the arse about all of this.  Society is in Lockdown and we are not functioning properly as human beings until it gets to f**k.  Getting rid of it should be the essential aim of any route out of this.

I've said many times that there is nothing wrong with giving advice, so long as it's not mandatory and can be followed or ignored on a personal choice.

Masks - consider wearing a mask if you are ill and need to go out and about and be indoors. Fine.

Hands - was your hands regularly. Should be a given. Fine.

Social Distancing - keep away from people where possible. This happens naturally anyway. Again fine.

There is no puropse in forcing everyone to wear masks indoors and keep distant from everyone outwith your household throughout the winter and into 2022 "just in case" they pick up a mild illness, because it really does impact the ability for businesses to trade, for people to enjoy using said businesses, and generally are just a pain in the arse, particularly for staff, who are seemingly always forgotten about when talking about how much of an annoyance they are.

When these restrictions are lifted, the first person who moans in a busy bar that people are too close to them, that others on the train have sat in the seat next them and are not wearing a mask can get themselves squarely to f**k and mind their own business.

Edited by Todd_is_God

14 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

I hadn't thought of that tbh. 

In saying that, none of the funerals I've ever been to have actually been in a church though - even my gran who practically lived there was just at the crematorium. Do many people have them at the actual place of worship? I genuinely don't know

Edited by madwullie

16 minutes ago, madwullie said:

I hadn't thought of that tbh. 

In saying that, none of the funerals I've ever been to have actually been in a church though - even my gran who practically lived there was just at the crematorium. Do many people have them at the actual place of worship? I genuinely don't know

Yea, there are often services in churches and then they move on to a burial ground.

Probably to allow weddings to go ahead with guests as well.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Yip its madness. There is an explanation for it though, JL is a bible basher so I'm sure hes been in NS ear saying how safe churches are. Maybe covid isnt as omnipresent as God is 

If you’re a teacher in a faith school you should be getting to the back of the vaccination queue.  You’re already protected twice.

17 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I've said many times that there is nothing wrong with giving advice, so long as it's not mandatory and can be followed or ignored on a personal choice.

Masks - consider wearing a mask if you are ill and need to go out and about and be indoors. Fine.

Hands - was your hands regularly. Should be a given. Fine.

Social Distancing - keep away from people where possible. This happens naturally anyway. Again fine.

I agree with the first 2.  But I don't want a world where Social distancing is even advised,  I want to celebrate a last minute winner with guys jumping over each other,  I want to be part of a tight crowd at a gig,  I want to sit next to my mates in a pub,  even if that most of the time that its 'possible' to space out more. A world where that is discouraged carries the scars of this year.

9 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Yea, there are often services in churches and then they move on to a burial ground.

Probably to allow weddings to go ahead with guests as well.

Aye, you have to get the miserable funeral people out before the wedding starts.